Marawuti Unix - 4 Years On and Still Going Strong!

Thread Starter #1
Hi fellas!

This is a TAI first! Yep, this is a bicycle review. Okay, it may sound funny but this bicycle that i have - the Marawuti Unix- is a racing bicycle. It is just that i did not take the option of taking those ultra slim tires. I took off-roading tires. This bike can also climb the steepest of the hills and corner on paved roads like a Lambo([:D]) i mean it!

This bike has served me very well during its 4 year period with me. I also in return treat it well. Let me tell you that I am one very fast biker! I never go less than 40-50 kmph on this thing. And yet it never fails me! The suspension is very sturdy and even the brakes are going well. The gear still shifts as smoothly as it used to as new. Tires are still going though replacement time is coming. Just replaced the seat once because it used to be really hard and small!
The grip of the handlebars has come out due to rain. Rust is terrorizing the frame due to my stupidity. I had left it in the rain once and since then Rust has started to live on my bike. But it doesn't harm my bike in performance at all.

Coming to performance, this bike is [thumbswink]! It can beat many new cycles in races. Okay you guys must be thinking that Bicycling is all about pedal power but this bike shines even when only i tested both bikes. I felt also more comfortable and stable on high speeds. The max i have touched on this bike with pedalling is 95 km/h. (for real) The gear was not feeling stressed and it felt it could go more.

Now I am thinking to replace it in 1-2 years. Or maybe i will give it a new paintjob removing all rust. I will also get some new handle bar grips. Overall i really like this bike and hope it serves me good in the future!

Thanks for reading.

Here are some pics ( sorry for the bad quality, i will surely post some better pics later):

[cheers]

Nice bike archit. 95 km/h in a cycle? I really have no idea that pedal power helps you reach that speed. The maximum i've gone is 45kph in my friend's bike, which had a speedo.

Doesn't it have any stand?

Thread Starter #9
it costed me 63,950 4 years back
and No, i don't keep a stand
actually it ripped off during one time i was cornering really low and it scraped the road and all the screws came out!
anyways, i don't mind!

i am desperately trying to reach the 100 km/h mark!
hope i do it some day!

350Z

Core Team
Nice ride there type-r!
95 Kmp/h is a shocking figure for a bicycle[shock], How did you maintained the balance at such a high speed? and why your bike doesn't have a speedo?

Drive Safe,
350Z

....or I should say "Ride Safe" this time. Hope you wear a helment when doing that much of speed.

Forget balancing, whats your stamina level? It requires lot of stamina to get to upto 45kmph, that is highest i have ever gone to. 95 is just wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13
actually the start was a bit declining but after 10 seconds of driving it became flat
today tried to beat my old record of 95 but i came to 92 which is good but not satisfying
the bike held up pretty well
and the issue regarding stability, it is very stable though after 80 the solid stability starts to leave but it is still great!
-----------Next Post-----------
actually the start was a bit declining but after 10 seconds of driving it became flat
today tried to beat my old record of 95 but i came to 92 which is good but not satisfying
the bike held up pretty well
and the issue regarding stability, it is very stable though after 80 the solid stability starts to leave but it is still great!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
UPDATE:
the bike's tube in the front tire just blasted while riding!
luckily i was not going that fast, around 20-25 km/h. but all of a sudden a blast was heard and i felt my handlebar just stuck to the ground! It was pretty scary. I don't know how it actually happened. On the tire, the instruction was to fill 40psi and i did for the first time. It just blasted!

Top Bottom