Map My India GPS Service - Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
It is safe to post buddy, you have received it from customer service not from warez sites.

That method only helps to look at the maps offline, you cant navigate or search IMO.
1. the file upload limit is 5mb. my file is12 MB. mods please upgrade the limit.
2. google maps is totally useless for driving. don't bother.

2. google maps is totally useless for driving. don't bother.
It is a very good navigation App, as long as Data is enabled. The problem is, if 3G is not available in the area, it takes a lot of time downloading the local map data thro' 2G. A few months back, going to "Masani Amman Temple, near Coimbatore in TN" I had downloaded the map over Wi-Fi and saved it offline. The next day, while leaving the 4-Lane NH, enabled Data and started the drive. It took about 5 minutes to begin (time usefully spent on tender coconut), but after that GMap Navigation was spot on.

Yey ! This is my 50th post in TAI. Ringa ringa ...

Last edited:
It is a very good navigation App, as long as Data is enabled. The problem is, if 3G is not available in the area, it takes a lot of time downloading the local map data thro' 2G.
I had only good experiences with google maps in both android and iOS versions since last 2-3 years. The 3G/2G is required only when you are searching for a
place, once it started navigating it doesn't matter if you are offline, unless you need some re-routing. Recently (only recently) the google maps started ditching me,
taking me to roads where one can go with 2 wheelers or by walk only [frustration].

I am not sure it have anything to do with the recent software updates (in both iOS8 and google maps) with added features. My misconception about Sygic was it had
poor maps with some really good graphics.

Top Bottom