Map My India GPS Service - Review

Need some info guys.

Sygic and MapMyIndia brokeup and not a good situaltion for offline map users. Now Sygic gone with tomtom maps and Mapmyindia is NaviMaps. As a result the Sygic India solution is no more free software. I need a GPS offline solution but both are not a good package. Sygic has very good user interface but Tomtom maps are new for India and no way comparable to the MapMyIndia maps, where as mapmyindia user interface is atleast 10 years old. [frustration]

I will be travelling to Bangalore and Chennai on my car, needed a GPS support. Yes I have google maps, but having offline mapping always confidence inspiring one. [:)]
How is the airtel data connectivity across Chennai - Pondicherry - Bangalore? Any thoughts on offline navigation?

Need some info guys.
I will be travelling to Bangalore and Chennai on my car, needed a GPS support. Yes I have google maps, but having offline mapping always confidence inspiring one. [:)]
How is the airtel data connectivity across Chennai - Pondicherry - Bangalore? Any thoughts on offline navigation?
I am using Google maps for my traveling. I can say the airtel connection is working fine from Vellore - Chennai - Pondicherry.

I hope Bangalore also airtel should work in good condition.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Need some info guys.

Sygic and MapMyIndia brokeup and not a good situaltion for offline map users. Now Sygic gone with tomtom maps and Mapmyindia is NaviMaps. As a result the Sygic India solution is no more free software. I need a GPS offline solution but both are not a good package. Sygic has very good user interface but Tomtom maps are new for India and no way comparable to the MapMyIndia maps, where as mapmyindia user interface is atleast 10 years old. [frustration]

use a slightly older version of Sygic. The map updates still work and its still 100% offline!

Else try NAVFREE globe.

Hello respected forum members,

I'm using Sygic MapmyIndia App (free) in my phone past 1.5 years and needless to mention it is Number 1 mapping experience those who used already know, Last week I need to factory reset my phone and wipe out everything. So the old file gone.

But it is Tide up with my Google Play Store Account and I downloaded the app in a moment and download the all necessary files and map data of my area (3 States) and that is it.

Now I can't able to Proceed further from 'Mange Maps' Screen - No matter what even if I download the whole India Maps data (over 500 MB) it still can't able to find any map data and it asks for Downloads...when there is not anything left for Download.

How can I solve this problem ? Is there any way around ?

Top Bottom