Malshej Ghat this Weekend

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

I am planning for Malshej Ghat this weekend. If possible, can include Shivneri as well.

Any suggestions on visiting these places by this time; Points to be considered; Routes or anything else? Thanks.

Here are my recommendations.

Route -- Pune - Nashik highway. Go till Narayangaon. Take left for Junnar. Shivneri is in Junnar. Well maintained fort.

Reach early mornings @7 or 8 am. The atmosphere is really good there.

Come back to Junnar, take malshej road from Junnar. On the way you can see naneghat. Another good place to visit. From there you can go to malshej ghat. However all of this will be too hectic, though they are near by.

My suggestion--
Trip 1 : Shivneri, Lenyadri, Ojhar( these two are lord Ganesha Temples) in one day.
trip 2 : Naneghat only. Trekkers delight (not a motor-able road)
Trip 3 : Malshej Ghat

If you are going to Malshej ghat directly, cross Narayangaon, go till alephata. At alephata joint take left and go directly to Malshej ghat. By doing this you will stick to highway only.

After Narayangaon @3-4kms and before alephata there is a winery restaurant Chateau Indage. Good food and good wines too.

When i had visited Ojhar ,the roads near to temple were in bad condition.
It was in 2010 New year, we had been to this place.

But Lenyadri is absolute bliss to drive, where one can drive till the steps and climb those huge steps as well.

And in Lenyadri , i think you should buy tickets and then proceed on steps.
Not to forget a good cardio work out.

Lenyadri
DSC01246.jpg
Lenyadri
DSC01229_resize.jpg
Ojhar
DSC01227.jpg
I couldn't know what this was?
DSC01241.jpg
Beware of Monkey
DSC01253.jpg

Last edited:
Go to alephata - and then to Malshej ghat , the road is excellent , you can easily cruze above 120
You have to hurry if you want to visit both Shivneri and Lenydri, at both places you have lot of waliking so try to choose one from these 2 if possible.
I had visited shivneri in past - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-maratha-king-chatrapati-shivaji-maharaj.html
Also try to avoid Narayangaon road - do not go inside gaon.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thanks Guys... How about hitting Shivneri first and then Malshej? Anyways, I don't want to make it very hectic.

Do post your pictures and travel details. Punctures, well did you stop at wrong locations? I mean near road side tire shops?

Top Bottom