Malfunctioning Rear Wiper/Washer (Figo)

Thread Starter #1
Last weekend, I happened to notice that the Rear Wiper and Washer in my Figo TDCi worked automatically Moreover, the rear wiper’s position was changed as well. When I tried switching it on again, it worked from Half Hatch Glass to the rear body. I manually brought back to the normal position and tried using. Its working now.

The ambiguity is, how it would have worked automatically. Coz, I am quite sure I never touched that stalk. Even if someone would have intentionally tried pulling the Wiper out, how about the washer? Very confused. Nevertheless, is there a possibility of malfunction in anyway? [confused]

Not sure how the spray would work automatically! Do you get your car cleaned by giving keys? Could it be done inadvertently by the cleaner guy.

Thread Starter #3
Not sure how the spray would work automatically! Do you get your car cleaned by giving keys? Could it be done inadvertently by the cleaner guy.
Thetraveller: To give you a detailed background, the car was parked home and by about 10 PM I took it out to go to a shop. The wiper/washer wasnt noticed when I took it out. But, I noticed it while I returned from the shop to the car... May be just parked it there for 2-3 minutes. Very confused.... [frustration]

Hey dude,

If the wipers are forcefully moved from the actual position When Ignition is off & once you start ignition on, thent the wiper will correct its position to normal. That happened in my Palio many times. That is a normal thing in these cars.

But I doubt about the washer. [thinking]

And also check the tightness of the wiper connecting nut.

These things are tend to happen coz of some jobless monkey Hands[frustration].

Thread Starter #5
Hey dude,

If the wipers are forcefully moved from the actual position When Ignition is off & once you start ignition on, thent the wiper will correct its position to normal. That happened in my Palio many times. That is a normal thing in these cars.
I understand what you are saying. But position changed means, the wiper starts from the middle of the rear hatch glass and wipes till the body (number plate).

But I doubt about the washer. [thinking]

And also check the tightness of the wiper connecting nut.
Will check that.

These things are tend to happen coz of some jobless monkey Hands[frustration].
Very true. I even think in that angle. But still the washer is inquisitive.

350Z

Core Team
Please don’t attempt to manually change the position of wiper. Use the stalk instead to set it back. There is a possibility that someone else would have fiddled with in a few minutes time when you left the car alone. If there’s no suspicion at the moment and everything seems to be working all right, just consider it as a one off case but be attentive for the next time if it happens.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Please don’t attempt to manually change the position of wiper. Use the stalk instead to set it back. There is a possibility that someone else would have fiddled with in a few minutes time when you left the car alone. If there’s no suspicion at the moment and everything seems to be working all right, just consider it as a one off case but be attentive for the next time if it happens.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sure Boss. Keeping an eye on it.

However, have you ever heard of any such incidents? I am more concerned about the washer part. Hope you can understand my concern.

Top Bottom