Making Amendments To Driving License Age Limit in India

Thread Starter #31
hai guys
My uncle told me that when he gets his driving license in AUSTRALIA.He have to drive his car with the officer with you for 25 mins.With all city driving,highway rideand parking skills. everything were checked but in our country what is checked many of our people are getting thier license without inspection of the RTO.Only because of money and some influence.Even my own aunt dont drive but they have a license and i drive without a license[frustration]
The funniest driving test was that of my sis. It was from Mahe, Pondicherry. What they told was to engage first gear, then onto second. Then stop. Engage reverse gear. Turn simply left. Done! Driving Test Passed. License Granted!
She has the driving license but she doesn't take the vehicle. If she drives car, then others life might get in danger including hers!

i have seen 30 year olds driving so immaturely and causing accidents
it doesn't really matter after 15 +
it all depends how you maturely drive your car and ensure people inside and outside are safe

The funniest driving test was that of my sis. It was from Mahe, Pondicherry. What they told was to engage first gear, then onto second. Then stop. Engage reverse gear. Turn simply left. Done! Driving Test Passed. License Granted!
She has the driving license but she doesn't take the vehicle. If she drives car, then others life might get in danger including hers!
+1 we have somemany case with the same problem in our family[lol]
Nowadays no one know to move the car also but have thier own deiving license

Ok, so let me tell you about my background a little, so i was brought up in United States and came to India to do my higher studies.

that being said, i started driving in States when i was 14 and this is how the rules in States is like :

Age 14: Drivers Permit
condition: You can only drive with an adult in the front seat who is 21 years or older with a license

Age 15~16: Restricted License
condition: You can drive from or to work, school, home from 4 AM to 11 PM (Depends on the state you live in), You can only have a sibling ride with you to these places .You can drive anywhere with an adult 21 years or older with a license

Age 17: License
condition: Non, You can drive anywhere, anytime, anyone etc, Full fledged license.

Now lets get down to how (IMO) we can solve the problem in India with underage driving and people driving with out a license. Not to be a hater here but to be honest Indian police is horrible and the laws are even worse, like some of you said, the parents don't care when the police fines the teenagers when the drive without a license.

The problem here is "FINE", In States someone who is driving without a license gets arrested and sent to jail. So unless India passes stricter punishment for those who break the rule they aren't going to solve any problems.

I don't believe that increasing driving age to 21 or 22 would actually do anything cause then you would just have more people who are driving illegally. And i don't think is practical to have the driving age this high because this age is when people start entering the work force and so on, without a reliable means of transportation to get a person from point A to B i don't think we will be running a very efficient country

Again, (IMO) only way to solve this issue is to have stricter laws and stricter police officers[;)]

Top Bottom