Making Amendments To Driving License Age Limit in India

you guys are going to murder me but i drive without license in india everytime. been doing since 2-3 years. even my bangkok learner license had expired. i forgot about it. but anyways in september i will be getting the real deal. still though driving here without license for a few days. cops dont pull you over here unless u have broken a law. :D

hey i have a friend who own a driving school
his word were that
*he wont engage teachers ,lectures as they wont ask what the trainer is saying(sorry if it hurts anyone)
*the person above 40 or 45 is very tough for learning it.

Thread Starter #19
you guys are going to murder me but i drive without license in india everytime. been doing since 2-3 years.
You are above 18 & don't have a license? [gun]
One of my relative is just like you. The only difference is he rides only bikes & now he is in his 40's I guess but still now he hasn't taken a license! I asked him a few times & he makes silly reasons. In fact, he is to lazy to go get a license! [frustration]

still though driving here without license for a few days. cops dont pull you over here unless u have broken a law. :D
So true. They pull you based on the vehicle you are driving! [;)]

One of my relative is just like you. The only difference is he rides only bikes & now he is in his 40's I guess but still now he hasn't taken a license! I asked him a few times & he makes silly reasons. In fact, he is to lazy to go get a license! [frustration]

ya sure your 100% right

I really understand the frustration of young buddies here , but yes age got a science & sense behind it and just try and see for doing everything you need to look at the age either it is studies, marriage, drinking alcohol, lot of things !! and you cannot argue on this, because you guys will understand it when you attain that age practically !! nothing more to it.

All these rules are well examined and made to live safest, so as far as possible follow them on your own with some personal discipline rather than expecting you to be caught by some cop.

Rules are good for any anything in life, hence respect them !!

I really understand the frustration of young buddies here , but yes age got a science & sense behind it and just try and see for doing everything you need to look at the age either it is studies, marriage, drinking alcohol, lot of things !! and you cannot argue on this, because you guys will understand it when you attain that age practically !! nothing more to it.

All these rules are well examined and made to live safest, so as far as possible follow them on your own with some personal discipline rather than expecting you to be caught by some cop.

yes sir
i always follow each an every rules here . i love to drive in following the rules.
i hate to break some traffic rules except in one aspect which you know.
i stop my car before the yellow signal itself and i wont start my car before it comes to green and i do my driving perfect following rules than the drivers who drive our car.

Thread Starter #23

I do follow them & respect them. The science & sense does not apply to everyone on the roads. Even if they are above 18, some of them still lacks maturity on road!
Anyways, I respect India's Law. I was just comparing it to other countries.

I do follow them & respect them. The science & sense does not apply to everyone on the roads. Even if they are above 18, some of them still lacks maturity on road!
Anyways, I respect India's Law. I was just comparing it to other countries.
Jihu

I agree with you on the science & sense on the road !!

We as Indians, we need to follow the rules continuously and become examples for others. It cannot happen overnight like other countries, but we are group of people at TAI, could influence more numbers outside if we are determined and it is a long process and should be dealt with patience and everything will fall in line after some time. If we do not put this effort saying, it is difficult and not very easy, then it will never happen at least in our life time !!

Thank you for your understanding and as an individual we should contribute towards every change process which finally result in a mass change !!

bro i aint 18 yet. but soon. in a month or so.

You're driving since you were 15? [surprise]
I believe the age limit is silly even in the UK we can't drive at 16.

For most light cars its 17 and for two Wheeler it is 16.

According to me you should be able to drive any vehicle as from 16 but before 22 if you get more than 3 traffic violations or a serious your fault accident, your license should be suspended until you are 25.

I'm in my early 20's and people mistake me for a 12 year old girl because I'm so tiny. In fact I've been stopped twice by police asking me for my license and then letting me go because they thought I was under age. I actually have to tip toe to apply the pedals completely in my car.

I feel that with a particular age amendment they should take a written as well as a proper driving test as they do here in US. You have to clear your driving test first to be eligible to go for a driving test.

What i like about this system is that atleast you will know the rules before you go for the driving test. So i would love to see this procedure in India. At least it will help people understand and educate many stupid drivers about the driving rules and conditions.

Thread Starter #29
I believe the age limit is silly even in the UK we can't drive at 16.

For most light cars its 17 and for two Wheeler it is 16.

According to me you should be able to drive any vehicle as from 16 but before 22 if you get more than 3 traffic violations or a serious your fault accident, your license should be suspended until you are 25.

I'm in my early 20's and people mistake me for a 12 year old girl because I'm so tiny. In fact I've been stopped twice by police asking me for my license and then letting me go because they thought I was under age. I actually have to tip toe to apply the pedals completely in my car.
that's really sensible. This will reduce the accident a lot! Thinking of suggesting this to the RTO [:)]

I feel that with a particular age amendment they should take a written as well as a proper driving test as they do here in US. You have to clear your driving test first to be eligible to go for a driving test.

What i like about this system is that atleast you will know the rules before you go for the driving test. So i would love to see this procedure in India. At least it will help people understand and educate many stupid drivers about the driving rules and conditions.
hmm. that's a nice idea but in India?! [confused] there is a far way to go. People here try to get license through the shortest & cheapest method!

Last edited:
hai guys
My uncle told me that when he gets his driving license in AUSTRALIA.He have to drive his car with the officer with you for 25 mins.With all city driving,highway rideand parking skills. everything were checked but in our country what is checked many of our people are getting thier license without inspection of the RTO.Only because of money and some influence.Even my own aunt dont drive but they have a license and i drive without a license[frustration]

Top Bottom