Maintenance Cost Protection (MCP) By Maruti Suzuki

Thread Starter #1
Recently while browsing internet ,i came across Maruti Maintenance cost protection plan (MCP).
It has 3 types of plans-
1.Economy (Covers labour charges )-Less cost
2.Executive(Covers normal consummables and labour)-More cost
3.Premium(Covers total service expense)-Costliest

My query is ,how does this differ from extended warranty which we are taking.

Re: MCP-Maintenance cost protection -Maruti

Basically, Extended warranty is on parts whereas MCP is on Service.
- There are 3 types of MCP plans for regular MSIL cars - Economy, Executive and Premium, which can be purchased for 4-year and 5-year duration (from the date of purchase).

- Economy plan is basically relief from all labour charges during paid services, with an additional 2-3 items thrown in, such as Alignment/Balancing, Washing, Pick-up/Drop, etc.

- Executive plan is Economy plan + a few essential parts/consumables such as engine oil/oil filter, coolant, etc.

- Premium plan is top-of-the-line, with the Executive plan + most parts/consumables such as total AC cleaning, RSA, replacements which cost a bomb, etc.

- To give you a rough idea of costs involved:
A 4-year Economy MCP plan costs ~Rs 6,300,
while the 5-year Economy MCP plan came to ~Rs 8,100.
The Executive plan was more than double the costs than the Economy (~Rs 16,000 for the 4-year one),
while the Premium MCP plan cost more than 3.5 times (~Rs 22,000) than the standard Economy MCP plan.

- Valid across all Maruti-Suzuki dealerships across India, even in RTO transfer cases!

Hey, where did you get this information from? Maruti Suzuki website?
Thank you for the Link. I know where the original post was picked from. I posted it to know the source.

What I would have appreciated is if the OP would have given the link for the source of this news where he copied from. No offense but it is basic Courtesy

Last edited:
I recently offered one at Dealer SVC during periodical maintenance - valid for 1 year with Free stuff like Discount in Labour charges, 1 Wheel Alignment and Balancing, 2 Wash and Priority Day and Night Break up / Toeing.

Asking cost 6700+ INR. Mileage below 40000 KM.

But I declined though as I don't have any info then, but now I think that is Economy Plan.

Thread Starter #12
Actually ,what i felt was those who are having high running and a diesel,have this as a boon,as maintenance cost significantly reduces.For users like me ,petrol,with last 10k service done at 7k and also service interval 10k,i felt paying the normal bill is economical,rather than spending additional amount for AMC.
Also as i have experienced 2 maruti cars,the parts cost is not that much costly affair,if at all some parts wear out in long run.
Anyway during next service ,i will contact my friend at ASS for his advice on same.[:)]

Moderators i think you guys can close this thread ,as what i wanted is just to know regarding MCP ,which i now checked that the thread has been there in Team bhp ,though i had referred while browsing maruti service experiences .

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Moderators i think you guys can close this thread ,as what i wanted is just to know regarding MCP ,which i now checked that the thread has been there in Team bhp ,though i had referred while browsing maruti service experiences .
Vishnu, lets keep the thread open for our other members benefit buddy. If a certain other forum has it, then too, this thread would be helpful for many of us.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Maintenance Cost Protection (MCP) By Maruti Suzuki: All Plan Details

Buddies,

For the benefit of the MSIL Car Owners & future buyers, here is a detailed look at Maruti Suzuki's Maintenance Cost Protect Scheme. These details are only for The Automotive India members and readers.

20160808_141937.jpg

20160808_141927.jpg

20160808_141610.jpg

20160808_141632.jpg

20160808_141656.jpg

20160808_141731.jpg

Top Bottom