Maintaining Car in Monsoons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
share all tips here to maintain car and bikes in monsoons. what do you do to protect your ride?

First and foremost replace Wiper blades.
Replace Worn tyres.
Inflate tyre with correct pressure for proper braking, if not will result in Hydroplaning(skidding).

Dont put new front glass tints during monsoons for those buying new cars! This will affect the visibility. Put after monsoons if you want to!

Get wheel caps for your ride(the clip ones) as the inner four or five bolts are saved from getting rusted! (It may sound silly but it works[:)])

Get mudflaps for your ride! It may not reduce the dirtyness of your car but will save the body edges from getting rusted!(atleast the front part)

Concentrate on your road/lane instead of looking to the oncoming cars headlights! This will cause blindness for few seconds. (so, NAZAR HATI, DURGHATNA GHATI!)[surprise]

Check for reflectors at theback of your car! If not then put some radium thing, small or big in your rear glass (so that it can be removed easily afterwards), for other driver for warning! This will let the other drivers to know that there is some one ahed!

During Heavy rains use your Hazard lights, front and rear fog lights,(if not then atleast for others to get u noticed) and if you are not able to see anything ahead(varies from individual to individual's eye sight) park your car aside and let others go instead of creating a jam!
(NO OFFENCE PLZ: I have seen many aged people with old scrap like cars who stop in between the hways creating jams simply because the are not able to see ahead!)

Last edited by a moderator:
During Heavy rains use your Hazard lights, front and rear fog lights,(if not then atleast for others to get u noticed)
Sorry, i dont agree to this. this is a bad practice but sadly followed by almost all in india.

hazard lights, as the name suggest, are used to indicate a stationary car & should not be used in a moving car.

in heavy rain, you can switch ON the rear fog lights, almost all the cars come with one, thats the purpose of rear fog lights.

Sorry, i dont agree to this. this is a bad practice but sadly followed by almost all in india.

hazard lights, as the name suggest, are used to indicate a stationary car & should not be used in a moving car.

in heavy rain, you can switch ON the rear fog lights, almost all the cars come with one, thats the purpose of rear fog lights.
Raj why haven't M & M provided rear fog lamps for Scorpio, But its there on Xylo.
They have also provided provision but why haven't they fixed rear fog lamp.

And the most important thing never speed during rains!
Yes Dhaya during my trip to Jog falls, I was constantly within 80-110 kmph.
And not above that driving with lots of gap in the front helps a lot.
And thanks to ABS its a boon in such conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

+1. Dont put on your hazard light. Put on your fog lights and if your ride dosent have them then you may switch on the parking lamps.

Some bikes in india dont have parking lamps(read Honda), so they can switch on the headlamps but with low beam so that they will get noticed by the oncoming traffic.

+1. Dont put on your hazard light. Put on your fog lights and if your ride dosent have them then you may switch on the parking lamps.

Some bikes in india dont have parking lamps(read Honda), so they can switch on the headlamps but with low beam so that they will get noticed by the oncoming traffic.
:offtopic:
Well Akash the discussion is going on about cars.
And guys lets speak mainly about replacements.
Instead of suggestions, What say?

Thread Starter #14
hmm good suggestions guys keep them coming and mods can we keep this for cars and bikes also?

During Heavy rains use your Hazard lights, front and rear fog lights,(if not then atleast for others to get u noticed)

Okey people, cool down, dont put on your hazards lights;[:)] I take my words back, sorry for this suggestion!!!
But when you switch on the parking lights, in heavy stromy rain, one would not see the car in front with the red light on(except the rear foglights), but if the hazards lights are on then the blinking helps the rear car walla to notice the front car! Atleast I feel so. Most of them here, if one has switched on then the whole line of rear cars will put on making a chain and consistency and proper safety distance![surprise] Isnt that safe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom