Maiden 1K+ Kms Road Trip By Nexon XMA: Kanpur To Bhimtal, Nainital, Ranikhet

Thread Starter #1
Left Kanpur home on 24th @ 4.15am via Unnao, Safipur, Hardoi, had a light breakfast of sandwich and tea, which wife had prepared, carried our drinking water in a milton 5L water cooler.
Kanpur was nice and warm/humid, found lots of puddles of water on the way after Safipur which is a 2 lane SH, speed was slow but traffic sparse, just the Mango farmers taking their produce to the Mandi, after Hardoi connected with NH 4 lane towards Saharanpur, tanked up at Saharanpur around 8am had covered nearly 180km.
Next pitstop was Barielly 60km away, lots of diversions on the highway, due to over bridge construction.
After Barielly it was pouring, but being a nice 4 lane NH the going was smooth,
Next pitstop Lal Kuan 60+km, the road or practically no road due to rains and construction work till Haldwani, anyway we reached here around 10am, then the hill climb to Bhimtal.
We booked into Hotel Lake Retreat, 2459/- per night.
Few pics.... journey continues

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
DRIVING UP AND DOWN HILLS IN AUTO MODE
I did the hill drive all thru Bhimtal, Ranikhet in Auto mode, even negotiating the dozens of sharp hairpin bends, never once did I need to switch to M mode.
For 1st time hills drive I would suggest to stick to the extreme left and follow the yellow plate taxi, and you will be good at the climb and enjoy the same.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Congrats for the maiden trip.Well driven and well presented with beautiful pictures.
Nexon AMT is good ,this means.
Its nice to see your outfit matches the car colour!
Are hotel rooms easily available there because its peak tourist season??I had trouble the last time I visited there.

Thread Starter #5
Congrats for the maiden trip.Well driven and well presented with beautiful pictures.
Nexon AMT is good ,this means.
Its nice to see your outfit matches the car colour!
Are hotel rooms easily available there because its peak tourist season??I had trouble the last time I visited there.
Thanks @mayankdixit for the compliments.
Nexon AMT has proved without doubt, it's reliability, Touchwood.
Even the rear flower my wife found in Ranikhet, matches the car colour .
I booked thru Trivago, which had lots of options to choose from, I chose the one with decent review, car parking even if it's on the road, and not a steep climb to reach the hotel, as it becomes a pain trudging along.
Regards
Vinod

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@Vinodji - you have posted only few photographs - in fact, I was expecting more [roll]

AMT - Yes, I too have been driving my Tigor only on AMT mode all the time and enjoying the comfort fully. Never had any problem even while climbing hills or similar routes ..!

Thread Starter #7
@Vinodji - you have posted only few photographs - in fact, I was expecting more [roll]

AMT - Yes, I too have been driving my Tigor only on AMT mode all the time and enjoying the comfort fully. Never had any problem even while climbing hills or similar routes ..!
Sure Nair Sahab, I've to reduce the pictures size, so the delay.
So far so good, your Tigor, my Nexon and Nano AMT are testimony of reliability.
Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #10
Enjoyed your travelogue Nanofreak. Great to know that Tata Nexon AMT performs well in hills. Thanks
Thanks @drtrajkumar for your compliments, we enjoyed the maiden fatigue free drive on the hills.
Hope to do the same on my Nano XTA (AMT), and see if it can deliver in the hills.
Regards
Vinod

Last edited:
DRIVING UP AND DOWN HILLS IN AUTO MODE
I did the hill drive all thru Bhimtal, Ranikhet in Auto mode, even negotiating the dozens of sharp hairpin bends, never once did I need to switch to M mode.
For 1st time hills drive I would suggest to stick to the extreme left and follow the yellow plate taxi, and you will be good at the climb and enjoy the same.
Hello Vinod!
What a pleasant surprise to go through your travelogue and refresh memories of our own! I know I have been AWOL for sometime due to domestic upheavals - my M-I-L passed away in July this year (2019) and very soon after that, within 2 months, we lost Kluso and Pearl too. We believe that they could not adjust to Ma's loss, to whom they were also very attached. Also the change in the atmosphere at home. My wife has taken time to adjust to the shock of their loss.
Looking forward to more travelogues from you!
And yes, a belated Happy New Year to you and all at home! May the new year bring peace, prosperity and sunshine!
With best regards,
Shashanka

Thread Starter #13
Seasons greetings.
Condolences for the loss, loosing pet's i think is a bigger loss, as they become more than family.
Hope to see you sometime.
Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom