Mahindra's Rodeo and Duro

Thread Starter #1

Mahindra will soon make its first launch in the two wheelers market through Mahindra2wheelers.
Unlike its sibling flyte, the new rodeo is little muscular and swanky. The trapezoidal headlamps dominates the front cowl as the vertical turn indicators are mounted on the front apron. The fake wire mesh is just an aesthetic factor. Scroll down your eyes cautiously, you can spot a strange stuff. The mighty Mahindra logo which is used to be seen on jeeps and scorpio mounted on a scooter. Rodeo is swanky, the lines gently turn upwards as we move towards the rear part of the scooter. The silencer gets a nice chrome shield to protect the pillion. A large integrated rear tail lamp cluster and a body coloured grab rail completes the rear. Overall Rodeo looks more mature and it seems like Mahindra might position flyte as a fair *** scooter while the new rodeo will cater to mature male customers.
Continue reading from the source- http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/mahindra-to-launch-rodeo/

350Z

Core Team
Quite true Raj!
But these scooters don't look bad at all.
Looks like Mahindra wants to tell public that "we are not here just to Produce Tractors & Jeeps! We have capabilities to do much more than that!"

Drive Safe!
350Z

yes, thats true. but i have always imagined mahindra making heavy & tough SUVs, not puny scooters.

that said, is mahindra the only indian company offering both passenger cars & scooters? by indian, i mean, indian originated companies, so honda & suzuki is not counted.

Don't they look skinny ? Ment for girls type ?
The rear end in the first pic(hoping the behind one is the same moped) looks ditto like Kinetics "Kine". It had some 89 cc engine and used to sound really cheap.
The moped market is highly taken by the Honda (activa n deo) & comparing RODEO to them i don't think they will be that successful.

Strange that mahindra has launched these vehicles!!

But i am sure there will be no takers as this segemnt is already owned by TVS & Honda!

Well, I think M&M are doing the right thing! As I understand it, our good old Kinetic is no longer in existence and it is Mahindra 2 Wheelers. If M&M had made such a decision, then the can not sit and watch other players garbing the segment, right? I am seeing these new scooters as their attempt to penetrate into the segment. Whether they will succeed or not, its a question to be answered. Remember that Kinetic entered the Indian scooter market when Bajaj and LML was ruling it and they made things happen! HONDA just redefined it! Now we have HONDA & SUZUKI from thr international market along with the Indian players. M&M needs compelling and attractive product line , if they have to sustain !

Thread Starter #8
I think M&M needs to advertise their new brand in a big way to divert buyers from Honda and TVS. Its quite a tough job for them.

350Z

Core Team
Thread Title Edited.
These two scooters have been launched :

The Mahindra group is revving up its presence in the gearless scooter segment consequent to the acquisition of Kinetic’s two-wheeler business in July 2008.

On Thursday, Mahindra Two Wheelers launched the Mahindra Rodeo and Mahindra Duro costing Rs 41,299 and Rs 38,299 (ex-showroom Pune) respectively. The two scooters will be available across the 300 dealerships of Mahindra Two Wheelers in a week.

Mahindra Two Wheelers is targeting sales of 1 lakh units in the first year-and-a-half. It retails Flyte which was originally launched by Kinetic Motors and now sports the Mahindra badge. The scooter sells an average of 4,000 units each month.

“We built an automobile ecosystem over many years. We think our ability to leverage synergies of common manufacturing, common procurement and common research will help us develop a strong two-wheeler portfolio,” said Mr Anand Mahindra, Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra group, at a press conference here.

Apart from Mahindra’s own R&D capabilities, technological inputs from Taiwan’s Sanyang Industry Company (SYM) and design expertise from the Italy-based based Engines Engineering (owned by the Mahindra Group) went into the development of these two products, the first ones since the group acquired the two-wheeler business of Kinetic.

“We have beefed up the scooter portion of the two-wheeler portfolio and are ready to address the market demands. Motorcycle portion of the portfolio is currently under development. We will come out with our motorcycles in one-and-a-half years,” said Mr Anoop Mathur, President, Two Wheeler Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra.

Mr Mahindra said that the company was exploring the possibilities of exporting two-wheelers while simultaneously looking at sourcing components from China.
Source: Cybersteering.

Well, I think M&M are doing the right thing! As I understand it, our good old Kinetic is no longer in existence and it is Mahindra 2 Wheelers. If M&M had made such a decision, then the can not sit and watch other players garbing the segment, right? I am seeing these new scooters as their attempt to penetrate into the segment. Whether they will succeed or not, its a question to be answered. Remember that Kinetic entered the Indian scooter market when Bajaj and LML was ruling it and they made things happen! HONDA just redefined it! Now we have HONDA & SUZUKI from thr international market along with the Indian players. M&M needs compelling and attractive product line , if they have to sustain !
absolutely, they need to give more attractive products to compete with current players like honda and suzuki for gearless scooters.the pictures shared shows more of skinny girly scooters which tvs scooty and hero honda has good line up , so buckle up more for their line up.

I think M&M needs to advertise their new brand in a big way to divert buyers from Honda and TVS. Its quite a tough job for them.
this is foremost necessary from mahindra, most people in india doesnot know mahindra is up with two wheelers as well, good advertisement on airs, tv chennels as well as hoardings across nations to make some good impact.

350Z

Core Team
After Exclusive Information on Mahindra's Logan Play. I got some update from Mahindra & Mahindra about their two latest scooters....

Mahindra now has three Power Scooters as part of its product portfolio - the Mahindra Rodeo, the Mahindra Duro & the Mahindra Flyte

• Both the Mahindra Rodeo & the Mahindra Duro are 125 cc gearless Power Scooters with several class defining features
  • Both models incorporate technological & design inputs from Taiwan’s SYM & Italy’s Engines Engineering
  • Available in a choice of nine elegant shades usually found on high end sedans
  • Mahindra Power Scooters is now associated with Lakme Fashion week

350Z

Core Team
You Saw them first at The Automotive India.com!

Again, Here is something exclusive for you all!
This time, Some Excl. upcoming TV Commercials of Mahindra's Power Scooters & Images. Check them out and Enjoy![thumbswink]

[YT]JwNFraNhDtQ[/YT]

[YT]FMwO9z-YqGg[/YT]

[YT]i5qIVh-9Fqw[/YT]

They are not that bad as they look in first two pic's. Maybe the LAKME effect.[:D]
They are priced rightly.Just a few less than the Honda's.If the waiting period ain't much people will surely buy this.This thing will even be lighter on pocket to maintain.

Top Bottom