Mahindra Xylo Pick Up Truck

Thread Starter #1
mahindra xylo pickup was spotted near Nashik-trambkeshwar road by another site member, seems they are testing this vehicle and might launch or replace it with their current pickup Bolero.

Attachments

Hmmm the move is to target the TATA pick-up trucks i suppose!! Mahindra's pricing also has always been good!!

Thread Starter #3
yes, but then they are already doing good business with bolero pickups and giving this in our market would kill Xylo passenger car's value and impressions.
Or maybe it might be for export market where pickups are in demand.

yes, but then they are already doing good business with bolero pickups and giving this in our market would kill Xylo passenger car's value and impressions.
Or maybe it might be for export market where pickups are in demand.
Yes i thought of adding this in my post!! It will reduce the reputation of the Xylo SUV!!

Arun

Suspended
This will either target the transport market, or the Xenon. It doesn't look half as good as the Xenon, leave alone the off-road capabilities. Looks like a half-size truck.

The Xylo aimed at the sedan market. Hope this doesn't aim to bring down the sales of hatches! [lol!]

yeah just now read the same article in over drive, its already posted here.

the rear load bay will go through a change, the one fixed in picture is not permanant one.

xylo owners will feel bad about this launch.
its targeted mainly for us and Europe sales

I doubt its success. It won't be as affordable as Mahindra Pik up or even the Bolero Pick up. And it is not beautiful enough to attract Xenon buyers.

Hmm..

I dont think this will be competetion to Xenon!

Xenon is the best looking truck & i think it still continues to be :)

Yeah Xenon looks better for sure!! But i think the Xylo will be priced less than Xenon and i doubt whether this model will come with 4WD and all the features the Xenon had!!

Yes, Xylo should be modified for Pick-up truck. Xylo is actually nice MUV for cities for big families. They should at-least not keep the name as Xylo.

350Z

Core Team
If this thingy is coming then not-so-good move by Mahindra & Mahindra.
They already have a fleet of Pick-Ups as different models, We don't want Xylo to be included in the list. It may or may not shake the Xylo's Image because don't forget that we have a Scorpio's Pick-Up variant as well, Still Scorpio remains to perform very well.Anyways, It looks like cheap pick-up (like Gio), From the rear loading bay area and no way going to compete Xenon if looks are concerned.

The Xylo aimed at the sedan market. Hope this doesn't aim to bring down the sales of hatches!
Lol. Well Said.

ilango[speed thirst];12980 said:
the rear load bay will go through a change, the one fixed in picture is not permanant one.
Better.

Hmm..
I dont think this will be competetion to Xenon!
Xenon is the best looking truck & i think it still continues to be :)
Absolutely.

RSM said:
They should at-least not keep the name as Xylo.
They may add a suffix to it, Just Like Scorpio Pick up - Scorpio Getaway.

Drive Safe,
350Z

motoroids_xylopkup1.jpg
Expected Launch: January 2010
Expected Price: 5 lakh (On Road)

Mahindra has been making pick-up trucks based on its archaic platforms for a long time and thanks to their affordable pricing, the ‘pick-up’ has been doing rather well for itself.

Motoroids

Top Bottom