Mahindra Xylo - Made for India

fihast, yest the normal tyre wear is around 40k's, and you said you already changed the rear sets of rubbers but then you also need to change your fronts ones too, driving with different sets for front and rear would make things worst and not better, change front ones too.

Hi Fihast,

Since your vehicle has covered 40k's, would appreciate if you could give us some feedback on the vehicle characteristics post this mileage. Especially on the gearbox operation(is 1st to 2nd & reverse shifting still cumbersome??) What about engine performance? Smoke emission? Suspension wear & tear + ride quality? Am very curious to know as I've barely covered 7k's in my xylo! Some other aspects too if they need mentioning.

Thanks!

Thread Starter #48

Ok, will change the front one's soon.
There's no much difference in fuel efficiency. still between 13-16 kmpl.
Gear shifting much softer than in the begining. Also the dancing gear syndrome has healed.but the suspensions make too much noise espescially after a heavy rain.but it won't bother those sitting in the cabin with windows closed.Smoke - rarely when i rev up, when there is a sudden need for speed (in second gear) i can see some black dust through rear view mirror. There's no other major issue till now. had faced some problem when the 35k service got prolonged. it had nasal fullness [;)] that is the air filters were blocked and vehicle had very poor pick up. after the service everything got normal.

Hey guys, our Xylo crossed 75000+ kms and still running on stock tires. Find no reason to change them till another 5k kms. Mileage is getting better, and we are gettiing around 9-10 in city and anywhere between 12-14 in higways. Gear is now settled and clutch too. No niggles or whatsoever.

Top Bottom