Mahindra XUV500 Wheel Dislodged While Running

Thread Starter #1
dear friend's my friend has purchased new xuv500 recently after having driven it for 1500 kms very carefully as it is in running in condition to his utter shock and dismay the front driver side wheel just broke off and car landed on the bumper on informing the dealer india garage bangalore in a matter of 10 hrs they came and took the car on a truck to their showroom as we live about 300 kms from bl'r for repair now it comes down to the fact that a brand new car having such a major fault and very bad quality control delivering such cars to customers who after paying so much money put their family and their lives at great risk kindly advise as to what can be done now my friend say's that he does not want the car he wants a replacement or his money back i can post a video of the car if required 350z pls help it is the same car that had the siren going off in the night without any reason of which i had posted a question in this section

Last edited:
Re: wheel comming off on the xuv500

On the other thread someone was just raving about Mahindra's quality control and now this...Any way could you post few pics as to make clear what really happened.

What was their official reply to the complaint& the further resolution?

Maybe alloys wheels were changed or some tampering done.
I dont find any reason for wheels to come off for a 1500km car. no matter if it is mahindra or any other car.
as a matter of fact lot of things goes inside the hub to hold wheels in its place.

This is bad, please post some pics if possible, also any email which you got from M&M after complaining.

Oops! The Cheetah lost a leg!:eek:

Its pretty common to hear about some electronic niggles or sensor failures in Mahindra vehicles, but its first time I am hearing such a serious issue in their vehicle.

Is this due to Chinese origin of the XUV?[thinking]

We have spikey from MM to answer us!!

May be a case of loose wheel bolt . Work of an irresponsible mechanic in garage?

Was that after a service?
What did the service people said?

dont worry this scenario is not new.
they would do the needful.

i have seen a honda accord and a skoda laura seeing the same fate.

On the other thread someone was just raving about Mahindra's quality control and now this...Any way could you post few pics as to make clear what really happened.
+100

And it's sad to hear that. Was everyone okay in the car? and do post some pics if yo have silverstreak

@Silver Streak: Hope your friend is doing well after the incident.

It might have shocked him to go under such situation.

Cmon Xover lets hear more of his friends experience, rather than concluding.

There are certain things that comes to my mind.

Someone might have tried to stole the tyre at the end moment they have left as it is, or some one might have loosened the nuts to make a disaster to happen.

Until and unless someone have meddled with it, its not a toy car to fall.

That's why during every long drive i inspect the tyres, nut bolts are holding in their proper place.

And i will be nervous esp if i have fitted the tyre after a puncture, hoping it won't come off.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

ilango[speed thirst];144781 said:
We have spikey from MM to answer us!!

May be a case of loose wheel bolt . Work of an irresponsible mechanic in garage?

Was that after a service?
What did the service people said?
no it was not after service the car just taken home from the showroom

Thread Starter #14
@Silver Streak: Hope your friend is doing well after the incident.

It might have shocked him to go under such situation.

Cmon Xover lets hear more of his friends experience, rather than concluding.

There are certain things that comes to my mind.

Someone might have tried to stole the tyre at the end moment they have left as it is, or some one might have loosened the nuts to make a disaster to happen.

Until and unless someone have meddled with it, its not a toy car to fall.

That's why during every long drive i inspect the tyres, nut bolts are holding in their proper place.

And i will be nervous esp if i have fitted the tyre after a puncture, hoping it won't come off.
friend is doing well but he very badly shaken up he does not want to even touch the vehicle now he has barely escaped having an heart attack

Top Bottom