Mahindra XUV500 (W201): First Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

I guess XUV has the most gremlins, and in the history of last 20 years on Indian Automobiles, xuv topped in number of issues cropped in a car after its launch...
Not really. Most of the issues were blown out of proportion.

Some real issues were related to clutch failures and sponginess in brakes. Electronic glitches were few and sorted easily.

Mahindra has agreed to replace the engine. The owner has also asked for a diagnosis of Turbo to prevent any future issue. The time duration for replacement is 15 days.
The owner seems to be happy and comes out with a feedback after having tested it for some days. He is now all excited to have received such a exemplary support from Mahindra & ROYAL MOTORS folks. He is equally thrilled to drive the “new vehicle” after the heart transplantation.

A great gesture from M&M to own up first and then address the issue this efficiently. Not many would have done that. Way to go[thumbsup]

Last edited:
Xuv500 had lots of niggles.Have Mahindra sorted out all of them.Are the new Xuv500 niggle proof
The niggles have been sorted out.... but Niggle free is not something I would say for XUV.

I have a Dec'12 Red one you can go through my thread to check out the niggles I have faced so far and their solutions.

350Z

Core Team
Re: The "Wild Cat" Arrives - Mahindra XUV500

Hi All,
This is my first post and feels great to be a part of Auto Enthusiast world.
I have recently bought Cheetah for myself and Now Cheetah is den, I am enjoying every moment of drive. But would like to give bit of background that this is not my first Cheetah, I had an experience of taming it once in August 2013. When I changed my job unfortunately I had to give away my Cheetah. It was painful [anger]. But it was difficult for me to move away from Cheetah. So on May 22 2014 I have my own Cheetah that I don’t have to give away. [clap]
Now there is a difference in lot of difference in owner experience for both the Ride. I feel that each ride even from the same manufacturer have difference, they have their own character. Or is it Just first love is always the first ;). Well Jokes apart.
These are difference I feel in my both rides. So I call New Cheetah “NC” & Old Cheetah “OC” to keep it easy for me to express.
1. In comparison to OC, NC have far lesser head roll. Well I don’t have any scientific way to measure the same & put the number. So my measurement is by my family member who has a high level of motion sickness, that whenever we travelled in OC for more than one hour so, we needed to stop which is not plight here. And When I read review about the Zero Defect production from the car even they said that it has lesser head roll.
2. OC had a better gear shift than NC, In NC gear shift feel nothchy & little hard to slot, not sure why that the case when NC should be better. – If fellow member can tell if they also feel the same.
3. Not sure if this niggle or not. But in OC, clutch pedal had certain degree of free pedal, so even if you are in habit of keeping your foot on clutch pedal it’s not impacting. In NC that not there. Not sure if that was issue in OC or not, but that was told to me by RM. I have not checked with RM about clutch pedal for NC as I feel that in my other Cars Clutch pedal is like this. Its bit hard that I guess it’s too new and still just 1800 KMS on ODO.
4. Now this one is concerning for me, NC have Two distinct and separate noises coming during acceleration. One being regular and continuous and the other noise occurring randomly during acceleration from 20-40 in 2nd gear and that to not every time, I spoke to RM on this and he is not sure what this noise is. [frustration]
5. NC also ratting sound from the instrument panel on bad roads again that surprises me.
These are the major difference not sure if these are niggles and OC was niggle free or this is niggles free. But Still I am in Love with machine and engine and its drivability.
I also like to check with fellow member when your drive is on neutral what the RPM its showing is. I need to know because after every gear change there is sluggish performance, it can be my because of the way I drive. My daily route requires me lot of gear shift.

Please let me know if I am the only one facing this.
Regards
Triven.

350Z

Core Team
A quick update. Mahindra has sold over 1 Lakh XUV500s in India since its launch in 2011.
Pravin Shah said:
“This is a proud moment for us, as our first global SUV, the XUV500 has reached a significant milestone of 1 lakh sales in just 35 months of its launch. This achievement reaffirms the XUV500’s immense popularity as it rightfully claims the spot of being the only SUV, above Rs. 10 lakh, to repeatedly establish new milestones - be it the fastest to reach the 50,000 sales mark in January 2013 or the fastest to achieve the 1,00,000 sales mark now.”
Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi All,

Happy to inform that my long wait of more than a year is going to end by this weekend (During Diwali).
I will be booking XUV 500 W6 Red (Wooohoooo! [:D]). Sincerely thank everyone who has given enough feedbacks through their reviews, which has helped me to finalize on this beast.

Today I had been to Sireesh Auto in Bommanahalli (Bangalore) and had a detailed discussion about the deal. Here is a the summary

Vehicle Cost
Ex Showroom Price : Rs. 12,12,325
Insurance (Comprehensive) : Rs. 24,502 (Waived Off)
Road Tax : Rs. 2,35,142 (Rs. 4,800 Less due to discount in insurance)
Total : Rs. 14, 47, 467

Freebies
Idol : Rs. 300
Perfume : Rs. 250
Mats : Rs. 2,517
Rain Visors : Rs. 1,900
Side beeding : Rs. 1,900
Illuminated scuff plate : Rs. 3,500
Teflon coating : Rs. 4,500

Total : Rs. 14,867 (As claimed by dealer)

Paid Accessories
Set of 4 Alloys : Rs. 36,500

Here are some doubts :
  1. Are the prices mentioned in freebies actuals or hiked?
  2. Is there any other area I can press for discount?
  3. Are the alloys priced correctly? Any chance of discounts there?
  4. Is it possible to opt for extended warranty post delivery? (Budget constraints))
  5. How much does bumber to bumber insurance cost for W6?
  6. Any good alloy dealer in Bangalore with 17 inch collection?

Thank you all once again for the valuable support in decision making [:)]

Hi All,

Happy to inform that my long wait of more than a year is going to end by this weekend (During Diwali).
I will be booking XUV 500 W6 Red (Wooohoooo! [:D]). Sincerely thank everyone who has given enough feedbacks through their reviews, which has helped me to finalize on this beast.

Today I had been to Sireesh Auto in Bommanahalli (Bangalore) and had a detailed discussion about the deal. Here is a the summary

Vehicle Cost
Ex Showroom Price : Rs. 12,12,325
Insurance (Comprehensive) : Rs. 24,502 (Waived Off)
Road Tax : Rs. 2,35,142 (Rs. 4,800 Less due to discount in insurance)
Total : Rs. 14, 47, 467

Freebies
Idol : Rs. 300
Perfume : Rs. 250
Mats : Rs. 2,517
Rain Visors : Rs. 1,900
Side beeding : Rs. 1,900
Illuminated scuff plate : Rs. 3,500
Teflon coating : Rs. 4,500

Total : Rs. 14,867 (As claimed by dealer)

Paid Accessories
Set of 4 Alloys : Rs. 36,500

Here are some doubts :
  1. Are the prices mentioned in freebies actuals or hiked?
  2. Is there any other area I can press for discount?
  3. Are the alloys priced correctly? Any chance of discounts there?
  4. Is it possible to opt for extended warranty post delivery? (Budget constraints))
  5. How much does bumber to bumber insurance cost for W6?
  6. Any good alloy dealer in Bangalore with 17 inch collection?

Thank you all once again for the valuable support in decision making [:)]

COngrats for your booking,

1.) Teflon: A big no no on a new vehicle at least for a year, as this will erase the clear coat from paint and will not protect it as it is supposed to do its work.

2.) Mats, idols and other things shall be taken as free from dealer. Here in Delhi it is offered as free.
3.) There is a discount on Insurance and also a dealer discount of 15000 and corporate discount too (if your company is listed).
4.) 0 dep insurance can be taken from outside on an average 3% of vehicle value.
5.) The discounts offered to me in Delhi- Gurgaon are (15K dealer discount + 8k corporate+ Insurance at 11k or 16k 0 dep + 15k exchange).

6.) Alloys are Rs 35000 for 4 piece set, outside alloys can be procured in 20-30k range.

All the best and try to get as much as cash discount possible from the dealer.

2.) Mats, idols and other things shall be taken as free from dealer. Here in Delhi it is offered as free.
Thank you. I have now done a detailed study on what Teflon coating means (After your reply). And as you mentioned, it is definitely a No No.

And Mats, idols etc. are indeed free here as well. I had mentioned it under free section.

Sorry if you have got confused [:D]

--
Annns

Top Bottom