Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova!

Your choice?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank GOD we decided to wait & dint book the XUV !!!

by the way jayadev, going by the above replies... I would say what you wrote is just "crap" & you are simply trying to defame Mahindra !!!

P.S.: the above was a sarcastic comment.
That is Funny!!!

Sarcasm...where? against whom?

Whats wrong with Mahindra? and why should I try to defame?

BTW whats wrong with you Raj? why you made me feel you are offended?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #302
That is Funny!!!

Sarcasm...where? against whom?

Whats wrong with Mahindra? and why should I try to defame?

BTW whats wrong with you Raj? why you made me feel you are offended?
GOD! buddy, that was a sarcastic comment made not against you, but against Xover & Vipul who thinks that everybody in this world who posts issues with TATA are posting crap & trying to defame TATA. It was nothing against you buddy.

Well...

@Friends:
Without pointing out anyone,what I want to say is:-
"First of all remove this fact from your mind that I am biased towards Aria or is against XUV.What I did was just posting my true experience with the cars and tried my best to be unbiased,but the whole thread was flown in a different direction and I too got flown..
As I have already mentioned somewhere before in this thread "Its neither Aria nor XUV which I love or is going to buy any time,its only Yeti which I would love to own on the name of SUV".Its a fact that neither I am a Tata fan,nor I do love M&M,what is true that I really don't like them in my garage,so whatever I posted I did it after seeing and testing both the cars with an equal enthusiasm..
I have mentioned the above lines to make it clear that I am not at all in the mood of bashing anyone of the above contenders,nor I have been biased,instead I have highlighted pros and cons of both the cars and have did it quite true to the best of my knowledge.Do I need to say anything else?

Rest,once again I am highlighting the same facts which I have highlighted before(Only 5 points for both the UVs),and yes,these have not come from any magazine,these have came from my experience,my hands which steered those cars and changed the gears and my feet which pressed those pedals:-

First of all XUV:
1)Performance is simply outstanding.
2)Handling is better than Aria,it can shoot but still can't point.
3)Really an impressive list of equipments.
4)Body control is better than Aria.
5)A hard clutch,and rough patches behavior really put me off.

Aria:
1)Performs lesser than XUV,but once you cross 2k rpm,then it has enough pulling to keep me happy.
2)High body roll,and really doesn't take corners like an XUV,but still this car can't shoot but it is quite more accurate at pointing.
3)NVH levels are far better than XUV.
4)Feels more better built and quality of plastics is better than XUV.It feels better put together and built to last longer than the XUV.
5)Highly overpriced for what you get,while the XUV proves it obscenely overpriced.

Rest it was nice carrying out discussion in this thread.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #304
@ vipul: dear bro, got your PM. rest assured, nothing was taken offensively, negatively or in any bad way. this is a forum bro, so chill. meet me when you come to mumbai. :-)

this happened yesterday but I dint mention because I dint have any proof to show. my phone was dead, so no pics also. Those who want to believe me, can do so.

Venue: Balaji cars, Thane
Why I was there: to drop a cousin in a building a few yards away, next to R Mall.
What i saw: A white Aria being towed to the dealership in a flat bed truck. Initially i was surprised that they bring new cars in trucks & not drive it down. then I noticed that the tyres & underbody was not very clean. So i enquired with the driver as what had happened. since he was just a driver, he did not know much details but he told me the car had a breakdown on the eastern express highway just outside Godrej gate. the car could not be driven to the dealership (again he did not know the reason), so had to be towed to the garage. Car's odo reading was 14000 kms.

Last edited:
Dear raj you seem to be very angry with something, alright few Arias have broken down, but that does not mean that every single Aria is failing on roads.Once again I reiterate those two office Arias were lemons and tata should earnestly replace them,but still Aria is not a bad car no matter what anyone says.

Just chill now, even with little flaws both Aria and XUV are good attempts by their respective manufacturer.And with test of time they will become even better.GOD BLESS THEM.

Thread Starter #306
Yes, allow me to be blunt. I get angry when some tata fanboys or tata loyalists go to every thread & write rubbish, twisted or unproven facts about a car just to prove their point.

And when some facts about a tata car is posted, it is crap or an attempt to defame TATA. why so? we have no other work?

I dont care about what anyone thinks about any car, that is not my lookout. but I do mind when someone writes flawed stuff on an open forum.

latest example by you - the XUV is being sold in SA because you assumed that some south african guy is already fed up of the car. you dint bother to mention its a brand new vehicle & not driven.

and you tell me, is this the first time this is happening? why retort to desperate attempts to prove your point? why not simply state a fact & leave the rest of the world to decide their perspective? and then you are cribbing that I am pissed off. yes, I am.

B-U-T, nothing personal with you buddy, I have stated this repeatedly.

Dear raj you seem to be very angry with something, alright few Arias have broken down, but that does not mean that every single Aria is failing on roads.Once again I reiterate those two office Arias were lemons and tata should earnestly replace them,but still Aria is not a bad car no matter what anyone says.
Does it make difference with numbers? What if it were you the owner of Aria and it broke down in deserted jungle at midnight.

Even if it is one failed,it failed all.All the owners will have to be skeptical and word of mouth spread like a virus.
Normally other brands carry out process of Recall not just because they have all cars failed but it is the preemptive measure to avoid critical situations. If they find one defective product then it Indicates whole batch is subject of concern.

Just chill now, even with little flaws both Aria and XUV are good attempts by their respective manufacturer.And with test of time they will become even better.GOD BLESS THEM.
Let us hope for the best ,I wish to see good products from India.
In south Africa Tata products are considered "hopeless."though sale continues due to cheap to own factor.

^^
JAYADEV, your vista had troubles all right, does it mean that every single vista will have breakdowns.Tell me name of one single car brand which hasn't had any issues.Even mighty toyota's ABS system can fail (as per Vipul) does it mean that every Innova will have ABS issues.

Those two Aria's were not private cars but office cabs which were supposed to ferry guests, company people etc, why they broke down, i don't know : it could be manufacturing defect or may be some error on the driver's behalf we don't know yet.But tata should replace their cars ASAP to gain their lost trust.Now what more do you want me to accept?

Thread Starter #309
I am not saying all Arias have issues or breakdowns but the number of issues or the number of affected Arias too high for a 18 lakh "quality" vehicle.

JAYADEV, your vista had troubles all right, does it mean that every single vista will have breakdowns.
I wouldn't mind about other Brands.

But here I am loosing many things due to such unpredictable breakdowns that too which are not accidental but due to lack of minimum quality.
This is where we all of has to raise concerns.
18 lakh car from Tata should be super good and what are we seeing here?

I have bit more soft corner for Tata and mahindra because they are of Indian Origin.Now both of them are loosing it from my end.
Agreed if one man i.e. me ,loose faith nothing is going to happen. but if this the attitude they prefer to live with then Best of luck, I have plenty of options here.

350Z

Core Team
This thread has run its course and is now loosing the real point. Debate can be endless if members continue their trend with prejudiced views for particular brand(s). Remember, both are Indian auto makers ultimately - Let us be proud and help them weed out their downsides with constructive criticism rather than attempting to pull down either of them.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom