Mahindra XUV500 Vibration

One more things just want to add up you may be knowing.. do not accelerate more than 1500 RPM till first service. This will keeping your engine running smoothly. You can even do 90kmph within 1500 RPM range in top gear. But make sure you wont go more than that. Also do not cruise at same RPM for longer duration.

When I pull off in first and I change to second gear I sometimes get this vibration through the car.
I have notice it around 1500 to 1600 rpm.
It feels similar as to when you see a dog shake water off.
Is this normal and if not what can cause it?
By vibration, do you feel the body vibrating? or a rattling kind of noise from the engine?

By vibration, do you feel the body vibrating? or a rattling kind of noise from the engine?
Its a wobble can feel it on the floor of the vehicle towards the front .Had taken it to the workshop the guys are doing some checks and eliminations.They feel its axel shafts on the front wheels

Not 1500 Mr,Taximeter,you can say till 2k .Do shifts at 2k always .
Are you sure we should do at 2K ? Any specific reason?
I feel it depends on the car (i.e engine capacity), because in XUV i feel like revving more if i go till 2K. May be i will note down the exact engine RPM to Road wheel KMPH for each gear, that may give more insight..

@kinshuk.arya . I get the vibration when the accelerator is hard pressed about to change the 2nd gear to 3rd. No problems when I do this at lower RPMs. It looks like it cant handle the sudden surge of power and vibrates like a dog trying to get water off its body after a bath or a bull shaking its head and body before charging. The vibration is for a second and goes off when speed picks up. I see it at around 2k to 2.5k RPM but it has to do with the speed at which the tyre rotates. Also, the vibration is more pronounced when more people are in car. Little less when I drive alone.
Has this vibration issue of yours been solved ? If so, what did they do ?
I am facing a similar problem in my car.

Are you sure we should do at 2K ? Any specific reason?
I feel it depends on the car (i.e engine capacity), because in XUV i feel like revving more if i go till 2K. May be i will note down the exact engine RPM to Road wheel KMPH for each gear, that may give more insight..
2k is not a high rpm for XUV. The 3k mark is where the rpm can be considered 'high'. Plus, upshifting at 1.5k is sure to bring in vibrations because it is not the proper engine speed for upshifting. Please change your driving style to shifting at 2k rpm because the present condition is detrimental to the transmission. The situation worsens if you're travelling with other people.
I'm attaching a pic from my Scorpio manual. It has the same engine anyway so it should be similar. Try following this and see if it works[:)]

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Brian, Nice chart there.
But I feel XUV should not be up-shifted to 3rd atleast until 45KMPH I feel. And Should be downshifted to 2nd at 35Kmph. Becase XUV Runs at 29KMPH in 3rd gear at ilde engine without Throttle input.
XUV is a high speed highway runner and gains quite a bit of speed between gears (Wide spacing). You generally cannot engage 4th in City.

Last edited:
But I feel XUV should not be up-shifted to 3rd atleast until 45KMPH I feel.
XUV is a high speed highway runner and gains quite a bit of speed between gears (Wide spacing). You generally cannot engage 4th in City.
Well said there[clap]. I completely agree and the main reason I attached the pic was for the rpm values because it has the same engine as the Scorp, just in a higher state of tune. Yes, XUV being meant for the highway has a different transmission. Then, that's all the more reason to stay in gear without shifting up[:)]

Last edited:
When I pull off in first and I change to second gear I sometimes get this vibration through the car.
I have notice it around 1500 to 1600 rpm.
It feels similar as to when you see a dog shake water off.
Is this normal and if not what can cause it?
Hi,
Did you get the reason?
I also noticed this in the same speed/rpm range. Mine is new 2019 Automatic version of XUV500.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom