Mahindra XUV500: Technical Issues & Solutions

1. Was the wire dangling loose or touching anything? Since entire body of vehicle is ground, its possible that this wire (Assuming it carries a signal or voltage) was shorted, hence killed the sensor.

2. Wiring polairity is wrong when repairing.
Yes completely loose. What should the polarity
1. Was the wire dangling loose or touching anything? Since entire body of vehicle is ground, its possible that this wire (Assuming it carries a signal or voltage) was shorted, hence killed the sensor.

2. Wiring polairity is wrong when repairing.
Yes completely loose. What should the polarity be?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Car is not going into limp mode. Limp mode is very obvious, as there is dramatical loss of power and pull. Only the sensor is malfunctioning. It does not appear by sound etc to go into the limp mode in the video.
But this is the first time I have seen this niggle in xuv.
Also check the fuse for the dashboard display and gear position sensors.

Last edited:
Hi XUV500gp, I am glad that I not the only one with this problem and not crazy. I would appreciate the feedback. It would help others with the same problem
Dealer say they Don,'t know what the problem is. I showed them the code P0501 that I get when it show N. When this happen Then the cruise control de-activate and can only activate when it show a gear number again

bhvm

Honoured Member
@bhvm and @XUV500SA Has anybody noticed in the video that there is a warning sign(puncture maybe)in the right instrument pod even when the xuv is being driven around.
Noticed it the first thing. However should not affect Gearing, should it?

Dealer say they Don,'t know what the problem is. I showed them the code P0501 that I get when it show N. When this happen Then the cruise control de-activate and can only activate when it show a gear number again
P500* codes are usually EGR. But possibly Mahindra uses a Non-standard code list.

Hi, the wires are all taped up. But like I said it is intermittent I managed to take another video on Wednesday, where the vehicle was showing N and then started to show the gears again(will add the link below), that lasted till I got home without dropping bak to N. The tyre pressure sensor was displaying because the spare tyre was flat, got that fixed a while ago. The problem started at 163000km, the dealers said they suspect that the clutch and pressure plate was worn down and hence the error. I had the clutch replaced at 225000km and there was no difference and even the workshop said that the clutch was still in a very good condition as there was no shuddering on the old clutch. I have ordered a new Neutral switch and waiting for arrival, as soon as it is fitted I will advise if the problem is still there or resolved.

XUV500gp We have the same problem, as soon as the gear drops to N, cruise control and the stop/start stop working till it starts to display gears again

The vehicle is a 2012 model and the first replacement was done at 120000km and now again at 225000km. I am very happy with my XUV as I also tow caravan. It is just the gear indicator that I am having trouble with now.

bhvm

Honoured Member
2 lac Kms in 6 years. Some mileage you have! I can also see clutch replacement intervals are more or less same. Showing consistency.
Its impressive that XUV tows a Caravan effectively. If this is the same prouduct that we get here (I assume it is?), We have a reason to rejoice. Please share pics of tow point attachment and your caravan if possible.

2 lac Kms in 6 years. Some mileage you have! I can also see clutch replacement intervals are more or less same. Showing consistency.
Its impressive that XUV tows a Caravan effectively. If this is the same prouduct that we get here (I assume it is?), We have a reason to rejoice. Please share pics of tow point attachment and your caravan if possible.
Will post photo's over the weekend.

HI XUV500SA. From which part are you in South Africa
Hi XUV500gp I live in the West Rand but work in Johannesburg and you?

Here are the pics of caravan and tow hitch

HI XUV500SA I stay in the East rand and work in Johannesburg east

Do you make use of the Mahindra dealer on Ontdekkers rd
Hi, No I use the one in Vanderbijlpark they are a bit more clued up than the one on ontdekkers. They are one of the dealers that say there is nothing wrong.

Attachments

Here are the pics of caravan and tow hitch

Hi, No I use the one in Vanderbijlpark they are a bit more clued up than the one on ontdekkers. They are one of the dealers that say there is nothing wrong.
Maybe we need to speak to them collectively about the gear indicator issue. The one in Alberton also don't know. Is that a Gypsy carravette 5 or 6b

Top Bottom