Mahindra XUV500: Technical Issues & Solutions

If the issue is not going, then you are any ways bound to be satisfied; you have spent your money after all. [lol]
No offense to XUV owners if I end up being stupid of this thread at times; I can feel for you guys and is up for help always. BUT, when it's an XUV giving out problems, I am always like :biggrin:
Much to your dis-satisfaction, all the reported problems are sorted out and car is back to it's glory. A/C problems fixed, brake issue fixed and all other reported issues were promptly fixed. Not once S/A tried to push other stuffs and the car is good to drive now!

One more thing, the interiors as well as exterior cleaning was top-notch when compared to what I face at Hyundai or MSIL service center. I was worried if they are gonna screw up the beige but damn, it was clean.

Overall a better experience than what we experienced previously with our Xylo. Things seems to be much better.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I have an XUV AWD and I face this issue of vibrations in the car at an rpm of 1500. The dealers are working on this issue and trying to figure this out. Has anyone else faced such issues ? If so, what was the solution to this problem ?
ask them to check the engine mount, and then the flywheel.

Guys, my uncles XUV front driver door pad, vibrates like hell. Especially after the recent service. I double checked it and there is nothing in that storage area. Should I get it checked from SC again?

XUV500 Clutch Issue

I own an XUV500 AWD 2011 Model. My XUV has done 50k Kms so far. A couple of days back my clutch pedal became completely dead while driving and got an alert that the brake fluid was low. Upon checking the brake fluid reservoir, it was completely empty. So, I had to get my vehicle towed to the service center at midnight. The RM told me that the slave cylinder needs to be replaced. I have heard above this slave cylinder issue in XUV's before. But now, he says that the clutch plate and pressure plate have to be replaced too as they are at almost the end of their life and he says that again the slave cylinder will get damaged if not replaced soon. Is this true guys?
He is quoting around 26k for the replacement. Other XUV owners , is it normal for the clutch to get damaged so early ?
Just 2000 kms before when I got my vehicle serviced, I was told that the clutch plate was in good shape and could drive several thousand Kms more without issues.

Please throw some light on this fellow XUV owners and technical experts.

Re: XUV500 Clutch Issue

What is Odo reading 50k or 2000? Clutch plate may arrive at the end of its life at 50k. However I am no XUV owner.

Re: XUV500 Clutch Issue

What is Odo reading 50k or 2000? Clutch plate may arrive at the end of its life at 50k. However I am no XUV owner.
The ODO reading is 50k. I meant when I had my car serviced at 48k, I got the clutch checked and was told it was fine. I'm hearing now that there is some shuddering. They are trying to identify if its due to the slave cylinder or clutch.

Steering Wheel Cover With Airbag & Warranty Concern

Hi,

We bought Xuv500 w6 one week back and at car accessory shop guys there managed to sell leather steering wheel cover. I give them go ahead and went out to eat something. When i was back noticed that they took out the steering wheel and airbag unit.

I was in complete shock and doubts about warranty goes viral in mind. When i questioned them, they told me that they do it for other cars also and they do not see any issue with the warranty. Once they put it back there is no warning light though

Does it void the warranty? Please suggest shall i go to service station to check something or remove it. I do not want any unnecessary trouble from mahindra side in case something goes wrong

Looking forward for your help and guidance

Last edited:
XUV5OO Engine Bay Sounds

Hi,
I just bought Mahindra XUV500 W9 couple of weeks ago.
So far I am very much satisfied with the experience. I have done around 3000 KM during last 2 weeks.
A few days back I noticed a small click or tak sound whenever I accelerate or deaccelerate in bumper to bumper traffic. However, if I drive on highway no such sound is coming.
Is this normal or do I have to get it checked?

Thanks,
Ashish Sharma

Re: XUV5OO Engine Bay Sounds

Hi,
I just bought Mahindra XUV500 W9 couple of weeks ago.
So far I am very much satisfied with the experience. I have done around 3000 KM during last 2 weeks.
A few days back I noticed a small click or tak sound whenever I accelerate or deaccelerate in bumper to bumper traffic. However, if I drive on highway no such sound is coming.
Is this normal or do I have to get it checked?

Thanks,
Ashish Sharma
Ok I got it checked and Service Advisor told me that the sound is coming from front right fender.
He advise me to get it fixed in next service.

XUV Engine alarm

I have XUV 5OO 2013 model and have done 50000 km .
Lately engine check alarm is popping up and I gave my car to Mahindra service center. Even after 5 days they don’t have proper answer for the alarm.
When I am running the car on speed of 120-130 km the check eng alarms pops up and unable to reach speed further than 120-130 km.

I have feeling that Mahindra staff are unable to sort out this problem as they do not have proper answer for the alarm.

They have changed new turbo.

But seems all in vain.

Please advise if you have any suggestion for the issue.

[frustration]hello members im here to share my share of niggle with xuv 500 mine is a new age xuv 500 w10 which i purchased in 2017 febraury from september 2017 there is rattling beside center console number of visits to service center they are not helpful can anyone help me with a solution

Hello Members. I have a 2012 XUV500 W8 with 110000 km. The one morning when I started the car I felt more vibration when the car idle. When I rev it to about 1000 rpm you can still feel the vibration. If it goes higher then it seems that the vibration is gone. Sometimes the vibration is almost normal but then it came back. I also notice that the fuel economy is down to 10 KPL. It use to stay at around 12 KPL. Does anyone know what the issue can be?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello Members. I have a 2012 XUV500 W8 with 110000 km. The one morning when I started the car I felt more vibration when the car idle. When I rev it to about 1000 rpm you can still feel the vibration. If it goes higher then it seems that the vibration is gone. Sometimes the vibration is almost normal but then it came back. I also notice that the fuel economy is down to 10 KPL. It use to stay at around 12 KPL. Does anyone know what the issue can be?
Check the engine mounts.

Top Bottom