Mahindra XUV500 "Speed" Accessory Alloys Break: Quality Compromise?

Really surprising that nobody is even remotely interested in replying since now Mahindra is offering free replacements.

When this thread was started, there were like 4 pages of bashing and name calling...!

Really surprising that nobody is even remotely interested in replying since now Mahindra is offering free replacements.

When this thread was started, there were like 4 pages of bashing and name calling...!
Unfortunately, it has been the norm here off late and I am not surprised at all.

Great news indeed. A commendable move by Mahindra, firstly responding to an online ‘cry’ and then owning up the responsibility and replacing the affected FOC, after having it investigated. Not many would have done this here.

Looks like only a very few XUVs are running on these ’speed’ alloys and only a small fraction having this affected batch of alloys, I guess.

Are there any XUV owners on TAI running on those speed alloys ?
I definitely don’t mind even if the recall is a ‘silent’ one. But will wait for some more time to know that ‘all’ affected customers are contacted, not just those who voiced their concerns.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

That's good move indeed. They really are all in to solve the consumer's complaint [thumbsup]

This is a good move by Mahindra. Happy to hear this. I will be going soon to get my speed alloys checked.

The recall isn't for just some owners but for all the owners of speed alloys. Talked to an owner on the road whose XUV has these alloys. I simply parked my car near his and approached him just to tell him that he should go to check with the dealer and to my surprise he told me that he already got a call from the dealer and is going for getting his alloys checked in two days.

Although I was told by my source that there can be a recall but I really never thought Mahindra will do it so quickly. As already written in my previous post "way to go Mahindra".

Actually in my opinion Mahindra is competing fiercely with Tata and Fiat for the 'quality' level. I have heard that they are not replacing evaporators in the xuv and asking owners to take it elsewhere if someone could clarify if this is true or not.

Good move by Mahindra, it is ownership acts like this that creates a liking and trust worthy feeling for the brand. I really dint expect the recall to be this quick. Silent or not, the recall will surely ease the tension of customers who have these Speedy alloys. I agree with the above statment "Way to go Mahindra"

Mahindras are not obliging the owners by recalling the car silently.At that price, problems existed with important parts like brakes, suspensions, and now alloys. In first place they should not have used sub standard parts.

My neighbour sold his XUV, piqued due to noisy suspension, brake replacements, & now alloys & finally settled with Scorpio.
Anyways, It is Mahindra 's pro active attitude towards these problems which helped them retain him as a customer.

Top Bottom