Mahindra XUV500: Sound Change & Damping Sheet

Hi, I bought the new plush xuv last month.. W11 (O) and I didn’t like the music quality at all.. so I got my speakers upgraded to DLS component in front and DLS coaxials in rear door.. with dampening sheet only on the inner side.

The good thing is, the new xuv has tweeters in A pillar, so the new tweeter was fitted on the original position.

Sound is amazing guys and I am loving it :)

Hi, I bought the new plush xuv last month.. W11 (O) and I didn’t like the music quality at all.. so I got my speakers upgraded to DLS component in front and DLS coaxials in rear door.. with dampening sheet only on the inner side.

The good thing is, the new xuv has tweeters in A pillar, so the new tweeter was fitted on the original position.

Sound is amazing guys and I am loving it :)
Hey mohitaga have you added an amplifier or only the set of 4 new speakers? I have taken delivery of the plush xuv500 last month and same here, absolutely annoyed with the sound quality.

So now few questions :-
1) Is your new speakers taking more bass? For me the presets worked fine even in full vol but the moment i increased bass manually, it used to jarr

2) have you considered future addition of amplifier it not now?

3) how much did damping cost?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It was really worth to change sounds and adding damping sheet in car. Using this since last 5 days and can’t believe in ears for same songs playing before and after all this. Simply superb.
How much does it costed for door damping alone? I own a 2017 XUV500. Im planning for door damping.

It was really long pending for my XUV and finally I managed to change my XUV-500 (new age) 4 sounds and getting more than expected result.

6 months back I was on outing with my friends and they were complaining about XUV’s sound are seem really basic (though I have W10 variant). I was quite curious and nervous too, to change anything in XUV, (touchwood) my XUV is niggle free till now.

In last couple of month I tried to search XUV owners who changed their XUV sounds but no luck in that. I contacted my Sales guys (Silver Jubilee Motors – Pune) too but as per them for new vehicle they have not received any change of sound request. Later, I contacted my service engineer and keep checking with their other customers for anyone is already opted sound change option. Unfortunately, no luck in this too.

Finally, I decided to visit private Car Accessories shop across Pune and started collecting more information about latest sound, its brand and XUV owners who opted this. Almost, many of them were telling me that they had lots of XUV for same sound change and it was really successful for them without tampering anything. But, no one is provided me their contact details.

Meanwhile in all this process, I come to know that FOCAL and HERTZ are good and standard brand for car sounds. Both are imported from USA and Italy respectively.

Fortunately, at one of accessories shop I found one old City Honda was installing HERTZ sounds in it and I waited to get demo (before and after installation) and it was really impressive about the quality of it.

Though FOCAL is really costly than HERTZ and as I already had live installation demo and its final output for same so I already opted HERTZ system for my XUV.

• Front door Sounds :=> Hertz ESK 165L.5 Two way system 14390/- MRP

• Rear door Sounds :=> Hertz ECX 165.5 Two way coaxial 7990/- MRP

But still I was not sure which accessories centre should I choose? As I was very keen for newly manufactured and genuine sounds. So I contacted HERTZ sounds Indian importer in Haryana - Orix Hi Fidelity and they provided me their regional Sales manager number by the name of Mr. Pande.

It was nice to talk with Mr. Pande in detail and he explained me pretty well about those sounds and its other variant too. He suggested me couple of genuine HERTZ accessories vendor from Pune. I called them up and checked with their availability of those sounds and its manufacturing date. Finally I opted Bafna Cars from Shivaji Nagar – Pune.

Mr. Dinesh (Owner of Bafna Cars) explained me about all things about HERTZ and FOCAL, and it was quite relevant to my gathered knowledge. And he assured me that it will be really simple and easy to switch sounds without tampering anything.

After discussing with him about rates he offered me 26% discounts on MRP of above two HERTZ sounds and I opted those.

Here, he shows me and explained me about DAMPING sheet. Honestly, I have not planned for this but Mr. Dinesh told me that I can go for lower brand of sounds but should opt this Damping sheet because it’s Anti Vibration ( for doors ), noise isolation and heat isolation. It will be game changer for any of sound system.

I immediately checked on Youtube and found
for same and decided to go for this. And my work has been started on same day itself.
[thumbsup]

View attachment 225934

View attachment 225935

Company fitted plastic might be Damping plastic sheet. [;)]
View attachment 225936

Now I can see both side of Steel of the car
View attachment 225937

This is our XUV default sounds, NIPPON.

They started to open all 4 door panel first and then they will start installation of damping sheet and then new sounds.
View attachment 225938 View attachment 225939

Left side doors are done.
View attachment 225940

Right side rear door
View attachment 225942 View attachment 225941

Right side front too
View attachment 225943 View attachment 225944

All 4 door are open and naked now. I was happy that there is not too much wires exists and which are exists those were properly intact with other. So chance to mess up with them Thanks to Mahindra.[:)]

Here we goo..

It’s time for Damping sheet installation. Every sheet is pretty thick and might be weight around 2-2.5 kg. It was too sticky too from one side and silver foiled from other side.
View attachment 225947

Left Front Door – Inner sider sheet installation done.
View attachment 225948 View attachment 225949

Now it’s outside part
View attachment 225950

Finally first front sound getting installed.
View attachment 225951

It’s took almost 3.5 hours, 9 Sheet for 4 doors and around ~25K for all stuff.

After fitting of this I found lots of noticeable changes in XUV.
  • Outside noises are 98% vanish. Absolutely can’t hear anything from outside.

• Though, now you can listen good and crystal music.

• Sounds are simply rocking as compared to default one.

• Each door has loaded with extra ~4-5kg weight so found there is no vibration in door steel, which is highly noticeable. Really happy for this damping sheet.

• Finally, HERTZ , now I can say it’s PURE music which I can listen in my XUV.

It was really worth to change sounds and adding damping sheet in car. Using this since last 5 days and can’t believe in ears for same songs playing before and after all this. Simply superb.
Hi Atul, Where have you done this in Pune? Any pointers? I am looking for sound proofing for my Xuv. BTW hows your experience after 2 years

Hi Atul, Where have you done this in Pune? Any pointers? I am looking for sound proofing for my Xuv. BTW hows your experience after 2 years

Go to Bafna cars o Ghole Road...Dhanesh has good options. I used Dr Artex damping sheet

Thread Starter #37
How much does it costed for door damping alone? I own a 2017 XUV500. Im planning for door damping.
Sorry for late reply ...

Sounds goes me for 24K and 9k for damping. Might be more cheap now.

Simply Great, sounds still rocks . no issue in damping ...

Bafna Motors , Ghole Road ( just near to F.C Road , Shivaji Nagar ) area

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom