Mahindra XUV500 Silver W8 FWD Ownership Review

yes i agree on the speedo error part. thats always there. i know someone with a XUV in mumbai. i'll ask him to test the top speed. ha ha ha.

Re: Xuv 5oo

Sorry I could not make out the solution/jugaad you have done for wind-shield reflection of the shiny console cover. Can you pls clarify exactly what you've done to avoid the reflection??[confused]

Interior Pics

Centre console(note my solution/jugaad to silver reflection on the windshield)
View attachment 36356
DVD
Phone,track,volume control buttons

Cruise control and voice recognition buttons
Power retractable and electrically adjustable side view mirror buttons
Storage bin
Home screen
Guys will upload many more pics till then enjoy these photos which i had in my phone.
Please give your suggestions/feedback to improve this thread.

Re: Xuv 5oo

Your setup looks awesome. could you plz give me any contact info of Mr. Rajesh (the person whos team iced you)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys did a 1000 km trip in xuv,she din't gave me any problem i touched 210km. (no video)I got an average between 13-15.
WOW can XUV do that,that's awesome and the avg is just icing on the cake,but it's really not safe to try such speeds in an SUV, please be careful.

Thread Starter #57
Sorry I could not make out the solution/jugaad you have done for wind-shield reflection of the shiny console cover. Can you pls clarify exactly what you've done to avoid the reflection??[confused]
It's very simple,paste black tape matt fininsh, which is available at any sunfilm shop.I have pasted only on the silver strips.

Your setup looks awesome. could you plz give me any contact info of Mr. Rajesh (the person whos team iced you)
Indus enterprises ,lajpat nagar new delhi.
Rajesh-9811886661, he is the owner.

WOW can XUV do that,that's awesome and the avg is just icing on the cake,but it's really not safe to try such speeds in an SUV, please be careful.
I agree completely with you it's not safe at all.

Thread Starter #58
Finally,mahindra has found the solution for brake noise,according to A.S.C there was some ventilation problem with the brake pads[confused].
This is the new designed brake pad.

View attachment 59478

This is the old one.

View attachment 59479

All those who are complaining about break noise can now go to A.S.C and get it sorted out.

There's also a recall going on for wiper motor.

Finally,mahindra has found the solution for brake noise,according to A.S.C there was some ventilation problem with the brake pads[confused].
This is the new designed brake pad.

View attachment 59478

This is the old one.

View attachment 59479

All those who are complaining about break noise can now go to A.S.C and get it sorted out.

There's also a recall going on for wiper motor.
I guess the brake discs on Iron rock's XUV were replaced with ventilated one's long back.
And the wiper motor too with laminated one's.
The pics you have attached is not visible.
More info here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uying-ownership-experience-32.html#post168769

Hey, Congrats on your new ride.

Little thing, Does the player in your car play videos while the car is in motion, cause I had heard somewhere that, the player plays videos only when the car is stationary to prevent one from getting distracted.[anger]

Top Bottom