Mahindra XUV500 Silver W8 FWD Ownership Review

Thank You all for your best wishes.

I'l keep updating this thread.
I got 2 special invitee auto expo passes from mahindra for 5th and 6th January, benefits of purple club membership.
I am posting the subwoofer pictures,lot of effort has been put to get this subwoofer and its box made,but at the end i'l say its worth it.[:D]

Subwoofer
View attachment 37741
View attachment 37742
Auto Expo passes
View attachment 37743
View attachment 37744

Can you pls tell me from were did you buy the sub and howz the bass quality is it loud and can we install two of them

Thread Starter #33
Can you pls tell me from were did you buy the sub and howz the bass quality is it loud and can we install two of them
Lajpat Nagar, new delhi.
Bass quality is good for me.
They come in different sizes 8",10",12" so i guess you can get 2 x 8" sub in the space between 3rd row and boot door trim.

Thread Starter #35
How is your XUV performing Harkirat?

Any updates?

Whats the ODO it has covered?
XUV is performing good,except for few niggles which have been sough-ted out for now.
Things which have been replaced so far,

Front Left shocker
Right side headlamp
EGR valve
Roof mounted stop lamp
Fuel Pump Assembly
Infotainment System silver box

Current ODO reading is 8500+

Thats a huge list... Why were all these critical components replaced?

Any issues? Or any faults diagnosed? Or just proactive measures by the company?

Things which have been replaced so far,

Front Left shocker
Right side headlamp
EGR valve
Roof mounted stop lamp
Fuel Pump Assembly
Infotainment System silver box

Current ODO reading is 8500+
There seems to be major replacements done. What's the reason given by the Company people for such replacements done?

Thread Starter #38
All parts have not been replaced together,

Front Left shocker was replaced in 2nd month of ownership.

Right side headlamp was replaced last week i.e 5th month.

EGR valve 4th month.

Roof mounted stop lamp 1st month.

Fuel Pump Assembly 4th month.

Infotainment System silver box last week i.e 5th month, among these fuel pump assembly was replaced as a precautionary measure ,actually there was no need, car was giving some starting problem and MASC people were clueless so they replaced fuel pump assembly.

Headlamp was replaced because led colour changed from bluite to red,according to my r.m this is very common problem,especially right side.

EGR valve was replaced because it was making vaccum noise after turning off the car

One of the leds of stop lamp was not working so replaced.

Infotainment used to turn off by itself so replaced.

Shocker was making abnormal sound so, replaced.

Parts which have failed so far none of them was made by mahindra problem is at supplier level they should tighten up their quality control.

Even though it's a supplier problem mahindra is accountable for it right ?. Hope mahindra at least in next batch make this critical improvements because once the vehicle gets a name "niggle" attached with it it becomes hard ro wipe the image CAse in point safari .

Last edited by a moderator:
got my XUV500 last week and my car visited the work shop thrice in one week. Two problems i am facing 1) Car pulls to the left when you take your hands off the steering 2) Car accelerates on its own without pressing the pedal when you slow down and apply brakes

got my XUV500 last week and my car visited the work shop thrice in one week. Two problems i am facing 1) Car pulls to the left when you take your hands off the steering 2) Car accelerates on its own without pressing the pedal when you slow down and apply brakes
These are just normal issues, which can be Solved at dealership.

The alignment can be done.

Where did you buy the XUV?

IG, Sireesh OR SKS?

And the acceleration you are feeling is the low end torque of mHawk engines.

You have added it to the issue list.

Visit the dealership and revert soon.

got my XUV500 last week and my car visited the work shop thrice in one week. Two problems i am facing 1) Car pulls to the left when you take your hands off the steering 2)
Did you buy the W6? Did you add alloys?

Car accelerates on its own without pressing the pedal when you slow down and apply brakes
Where you driving petrol cars before this?

Its normal in good diesel engines. They have so much low end torque that you dont need to use the throttle in dense traffic!

Top Bottom