Mahindra XUV500 Facelift Manual (Diesel) Driven

Dear Dev, its my pleasure that my humble review has been useful for you. The selection of model's variants will depend upon your budget and the fact that will the additional features in W8 be of use to you. Based on these two criteria select the most VFM variant buddy.

Regards

Akash
Further I have a ?,

during TD, I felt the 1st/2nd gear pick up of the XUV , appeared to be much less than that of the Xylo, which i drive now.
Actually i do not use accelr. pedal atall for start up, and 2nd gear , and the Xylo goes on it own, in 2nd it maintains 22km/hr on its own @ 900 rpm ( base line - idle) speed.

the dealer person told me that it may be due to front wheel drive of the Xuv.
But not convinced so far.
Any ideas?

bhvm

Honoured Member
xuv does not go on it's own in 2nd.
but it goes strongly In 1st and 3rd. the 3rd goes at 29kmph.

it's not due to fwd. it's due to gear ratios and ecu tuning . xuv needs it's turbo spoiled up to show some guts.

Drove the XUV500 W10 FWD for the first time from Manali to Rohtang pass earlier this month. Incidentally this was my first time driving a diesel vehicle as well :)

Every time I breaked I could hear a grinding noise - is this normal? Is it the ABS?

On the whole driving the XUV was a very nice experience.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Gridning Noise is not normal. This has be rectified at SVC.
By chance any Dust or Pebbles got caught on brake assembly?

Some batches had inferior brake pads, causing grinding.

Is there any news about XUV500 Intelli Hybrid launch? I am planning to book W10 FWD soon. If the launch is delayed by a couple of months then I may not be able to wait. Initially, it was expected that it will launch in March but now it seems that it may launch in April or May. Any update will help me to decide.

Is there any news about XUV500 Intelli Hybrid launch? I am planning to book W10 FWD soon. If the launch is delayed by a couple of months then I may not be able to wait. Initially, it was expected that it will launch in March but now it seems that it may launch in April or May. Any update will help me to decide.
While talking to sales manager in showroom, he accidentally revealed that new version of XUV is coming which will have following features
  • Android Auto
  • All black interiors
  • Improved suspension
  • Lane assist
  • EcoSense / Intelly Hybrid / SHVS (Don't remember exactly)

I asked when it is going to arrive on which he said it will take approximately a week and currently we are going through training on that product.

Listening to this, I dropped idea of purchase, I though I will wait for few more weeks to see new variant.

Upon research I realized that the first news was surfaced in Nov 2016 that XUV and Scorpio are going to get Android Auto, there is no update since than. Than some sites says that on 15th of April 2017 XUV will launch its new version. However no words from Mahindra on this.

It's been a week now and yesterday I met salesman to know about new version and he has changed his version and said we don't have date of launch of new version. Generally it takes 3 months after company intimates us and presently there is no official letter from Mahindra too.

I clearly told him that I do not want to look fool taking delivery of older variant whereas display vehicle is of new variant. She agreed that she will discuss with manager and will let me know about dates but no words from her yet.

As an automobile enthusiast, sometimes I feel that we (forum members) know lot better and keep ourselves updated. So I thought I would put up this question in front of beloved GH members.

Would like to hear from other members as well.

So finally yesterday M&M launched their much awaited Android Auto variant. It has all the features which I mentioned + a new lake side brown colour except improved suspension. Though salesman is still saying that they have been told about improved suspension.

I believe Mahindra is not declaring it's improved suspension because it will impact their current bookings and vehicle lying in stockyards.

Image courtesy: Bharat Autos

Top Bottom