Mahindra XUV500 Facelift Manual (Diesel) Driven

Well here's one more question, how does the clutch feel? As said by mahindra the clutch was supposedly made better. Also did you find the drivability any better?

Thread Starter #32

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well here's one more question, how does the clutch feel? As said by mahindra the clutch was supposedly made better. Also did you find the drivability any better?
Joshua, I did mention in the review that the clutch did not feel hard. If I speak of the drive-ability of this particular XUV-500 then it did not disappoint me. Only thing as I have mentioned earlier is, at higher RPMs when its driven, the engine sound's a bit loud.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #36

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Spot on, Nice and crisp review, thanks Akash.
My Pleasure indeed buddy. Humbly accept your appreciation.[:)]

Is there any change in 3rd row seating space?
Very nice review
Thanks Surfer. the 3rd row seats are fold-able with adjustable head rests. Also, the 3rd row seats can be folded 50:50 basis in all variants.

Regards

Akash

That stupid engine guard reduces the price of the vehicle by 20-30k, isn't that cool?

Just remove the plastic guard if it is a bother!

XUV is a crossover which is not designed for off roading.

Actually the higher GC in the Scorpio is because it is a RWD vehicle and it has a differential hanging low. The GC is measured from the lowest point.
1) If the engine guard is removed, is there any other protection to the engine from below?
2) Try convincing the ignorant rich folks who will definitely want to exhibit the macho image of an SUV. You and I know that XUV and others like Duster/Terrano /Avventura are crossovers, only meant to be taken to the occasional grassy patch off road, but also be able to perform reasonably well on dry dirt surfaces. In India, as you would appreciate, any excursion involving off the city roads has a situation where you need to hit the road shoulder to avoid oncoming tractors/trucks/buffaloes etc. At that time, that additional GC/ overhang/approach/departure angle plays an important role.

3) Correct. Therefore, it translates to higher GC under dynamic ie moving conditions. Same with Xylo/Bolero/Aria/Storme/Xenon etc.

1) If the engine guard is removed, is there any other protection to the engine from below?
You either win or lose, you cant have both!

If you need the GC, remove the plastic guard. If you need the protection, let it be.

Anyways, it is just a plastic guard and even if it does scrape, it is easy and cheap to replace.

People here like me drive Civics on Indian roads which has no engine guard and next to nothing GC. Not a big deal!

2) Try convincing the ignorant rich folks who will definitely want to exhibit the macho image of an SUV. You and I know that XUV and others like Duster/Terrano /Avventura are crossovers, only meant to be taken to the occasional grassy patch off road, but also be able to perform reasonably well on dry dirt surfaces. In India, as you would appreciate, any excursion involving off the city roads has a situation where you need to hit the road shoulder to avoid oncoming tractors/trucks/buffaloes etc. At that time, that additional GC/ overhang/approach/departure angle plays an important role.
If the owner tries such stunts on purpose, even a plastic guard will not be able to reduce the damage.

Rest assured, the XUV has a pretty healthy GC and no owners have complained about the underbody getting hit.

People here like me drive Civics on Indian roads which has no engine guard and next to nothing GC. Not a big deal!

One of my rides is a Nissan Micra which has 154mm GC (under laden conditions). And no engine guard. I also havent scraped anywhere in Pune city TBH. But there is something very unique about the suspension/body geometry that prevents it from scraping even with 4 adults on board. The wheelbase is just about perfect. That said, I wouldnt dare to take the Micra on pronounced dirt/grass/no-road patches or off the road shoulder while avoiding oncoming vehicles. I'd trust my Duster much more in those conditions.

Top Bottom