Mahindra XUV500 Facelift (2018) Launched

Nairrk

Honoured Member
All-new Mahindra XUV500: This is what it may look like [Video]

Mahindra will soon launch the all-new XUV500 in the Indian market. The all-new car is currently under development with Ford. The all-new Mahindra XUV500 may look much bigger than the current version of the car, which is on sale in the market. Mahindra has not put a timeline on the launch but it is expected to be launched by the end of 2020. A rebadged version of the car will be sold under the Ford brand too.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra XUV500 gets Apple CarPlay feature update on W11 trim

mahindra-premium-showroom-xuv300-thar-alturas-xuv500-11.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 finally gets the Apple CarPlay update. Until now, XUV500 infotainment system only offered Android Auto and the Connected Apps feature developed by Mahindra themselves. Rival cars like Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier, MG Hector; already offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

mahindra-xuv500-apple-carplay-launch.jpg

Read:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Quite late I must say. It was pending for a long time. Smaller cars had it all, since last year.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra showcases official accessories for the XUV500

Mahindra offers a wide range of accessories for the XUV500 and here we have the list of official accessories that you can have with your XUV500

The video shows a range of accessories that one buy for the XUV500. It starts with the seat covers which add character to the cabin of the XUV500. Second is the diamond cut alloy wheels for that sporty look. Then there is the Chrome garnish on the outside rear view mirror and front grille’s upper portion for that premium touch. Mahindra is also providing the reverse parking assist camera as an accessory for lower trims. All the accessories shown in the video can be purchased from Mahindra showrooms across the country. The same can be purchased online via Mahindra’s official e-store m2all.com.

Read:

Our family had bought a 2012 Mahindra XUV 500. The car was our constant companion for the past 8 years, until last week when it was sold. The car was truly special and It did promote the "we live young, we live free" slogan. The car in terms of comfort was the best in class back in 2012. Its commendable comfort levels combined with a go anywhere ability adjoined with a 190mm ground clearance made the XUV 500 a joy.

Although we loved the car, it wasn't without constraints.

And since this is an ownership experience review.

Facts must be elucidated.

We had the car for a total of eight long years. For the first 5 years, the car was a true perfection. But after that, it showed signs of hesitation in being mint.

We faces several AC issue and these problems no matter how many times we solved, kept recurring.

These issues of course isn't without a background.

The car was a daily driver and was used extensively by our family.

It had clocked 1.3 lakh km in the first 5 years, which relatively shows how much of a travelling family ours were.

The car was getting old and to add to its visual appeal, we had an approved aftermarket alloys fit in. The car was truly visually stunning.

And in the end, after a period of eight years, the car had struck its bells at 1.90 km.

This result was considering we had bought a second car as a daily driver.

Overall, its a great car absolutely phenomenal on comfort levels and features but lacks on ride quality and reliability to a certain extent.

Also some turdy ergonomic issues could be a hurdle to cross

Other than that, the XUV 500 is truly a great car

P.S this isn't an official detailed ownership review of any sorts but just a sharing of experiences with this car.

Cheers!!

I do agree with many of your points, but just curious, what ergonomic issues you faced?
These aren't major issues but I could Name a few.
Having a suspension on the stiffer side, and seat positioning being manual, driving long distances was quite a strain resulting in back pain.
And the most common ergonomic problem of the xuv 500 was also seen here.
Being a manual, the clutch pedal, was stationed higher than the rest. This was a simple problem but has to be pointed.
Because the 2012 Mhawk engine wasn't as refined or drivable as the current versions. Thus, this issue became a hurdle.
Last issue I would like to point, was the instrument cluster which was hazy too often and the visibility was low irrelevant of your seat positioning at times.
These were some of those issues. But they aren't something that drastically affects the car.
It indeed is a great car

Is it reliable? 5 Years review
The answer to this question in simple word - I would say, yes its reliable as long as you are in warranty. Why I say this is because you will not lose money for the mechanical issues as its in warranty period and the maximum you can be in this comfort period is 5 years .Why? My XUV has completed 5 years in this December 2019 and was in extended warranty period for 5 years . The vehicle is well maintained and I now I feel like am I giving unwanted attention and care to my car .no I don’t think so…all services in Bangalore authorized XUV service centres are in time and I change engine oil too in every 10, 000 km( though not required). It runs 3500 kms per month on an average and is in KOCHI <> Bangalore 550 km highway .9 hours beautiful drive. One of the best highway. Gives pretty good mileage of 16kms with AC. Very stable and comfortable drive.

Now the issue. It started when it was 3.5 years old. I noticed oil drops below engine. In checking it was confirmed that this was a leakage from Timing belt Chase Cover. took two days to get it resolved. Again after six months or so this was repeated. This was also resolved .Thankfully I had extended warranty for 5 year and these cases were resolved free of cost. Now, today (May 2020) my car is not in warranty and the issue popped again. I am going to lose two days as I will not have car .I will lose a good amount to get it rectified. I am losing confidence on Mahindra makes. I am not getting my return on the lakhs I spent to buy this XUV 500 and also I have the answer to the question above ‘ Is XUV a reliable vehicle? “ well the answer is ‘ you will not lose money in warranty period “ after 5 years ….no its NOT. Whom to address this issue? Who will attend if I address? Would there be a solution? Why too much priced if there repeated mechanical issue.

Top Bottom