Mahindra Verito D6 OR New Suzuki Dzire DDIS

Thread Starter #1
My cousin needs to buy a good diesel car. After taking TD of both cars, somehow I liked the verito going by good space, less initial investment cost. My cousin didn't like manza somehow, so that is out of the list. We are considering top end variants only. Overall it should be a good package.

However I haven't taken a longish TD, will do it next week. Till then I need various inputs on verito's -ves, spares cost, availability, reliability and any other that you guys can think of.

To me Verito looks very valid if your cousin:
- Doesn't mind on the 'Taxi' and Boxiness image(he shouldn't regret afterwards too)
- More concerned about Space, and VFM.

The new Dzire is also a tough option for the Verito ( In that segment too).
- Because the previous issues are rectified to a greater extent.
- On the features and equipment front it fares well too.Especially the ZDI, its very good and the music system provided has nice sound quality.

Being provided by Mahindra the verito seems to have lesser Tension on the Maintenance part and spares part but not to the extent of Maruti, lot better than other Manufacturers.

The best way is to know the dealer's service progress in your city, if it turns to be good then no problem.

If the back benchers are tall, and concerned about rear seat comfort, vote for verito.
Verito comes with a torque of 160 nm while dzire comes with 190+ torque, so for fun to drive factor , overtaking ability dzire is the choice.

Dzire comes with 2 airbags, while verito has only one ,for driver.So if the car is chauffeur driven then verito is not a better deal.

Maruti ASS is better than m&m.

Verito is sturdy , if you want the car to survive rough handling and indian roads in long run, Verito is a better choice.

If boot space is important, then obviously sedan verito wins over the compact sedan dzire. If you are more concerned about 5th passeger's comfort then boot space becomes important factor.

Please do not forget to mention about the names of the cars used by your cousin in the past, likes/dislikes of the same.

Please mention your requirements based on above criteria, it will be easier to help you.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Currently he has alto lxi. He will be selling his car as soon as he gets delivery of new car. He will be driving(self) most of the time in Pune and sometimes in interior part of Maharashtra, where the roads are broken. Here are his needs, good suspension, easy on pocket, lesser diesel engine noise, better pickup, drivable (lesser turbo lag) reliable.

One important point, he is not at all bothered about any car's taxi image. We also considered indigo ecs vx cr4, however in all the three I found verito jack of all trades. Though the power and torque is lesser than dzire.

Broken roads/pune roads -verito wins.But if he is frequent visiter of narrow roads near MANDAI, and Peths then dzire's low width is beneficial.

Pickup, turbo lag- dzire wins, its gear ratios are meant for city busy roads as compared to verito/manza. Dezire can be called as a better owner driven car as compared to verito.

Please mention about approx. Km to be covered on highway and city roads, ac use habits separately., also mention about the concerns regarding resale value .

Less noise- dzire wins.

Good suspensions- verito wins.

Both are easy on pocket. Probably dzire has a edge on verito.
Person who is used to MASS, will be little annoyed with m&m ASS, .

Last edited:
Broken roads/pune roads -verito wins.But if he is frequent visiter of narrow roads near MANDAI, and Peths then dzire's low width is beneficial.

Pickup, turbo lag- dzire wins, its gear ratios are meant for city busy roads as compared to verito/manza. Dezire can be called as a better owner driven car as compared to verito.

Please mention about approx. Km to be covered on highway and city roads, ac use habits separately., also mention about the concerns regarding resale value .

Less noise- dzire wins.

+1 all the points are covered, It's better to go with Dzire if the waiting period is omitted.IT has good features, less turbo-lag blah blah.
Even resale value is higher in Dzire for being MS

We also considered indigo ecs vx cr4
Cs will disappoint you in the engine department.

Waiting period factor seems to be nullified by the fact that the present alto will be sold after the new car comes.Amiti, checkout exchange offers with both dealers , as often these offers are more beneficial than selling the old car later on.

Verito is also available in BS 3 version, it can save approx. Rs 35,000 + Rs12000 if your cousin gives outside pune city address.

If 3 /2 tall passegers are going to occupy the rear seat , and if their comfort is important then verito is clear winner.

As a car, I would say the Verito is a very fine car. Ample space, big boot, matured ride quality and very very fuel efficient engine. But at the end of the day, it lacks the ooomph factor, the desirability factor.

From what you have said about his requirements & mentality, the Verito seems apt for him. Ask him to buy a white or black Verito and add some alloys, that will add some style to the bland styling.

If i was in his place, I would pick the Manza though.

@ amiti, so as to avoid confusion, please ask him to pen down his requirements in decreasing order i.e. most important ,less important , least important.
It will be helpful to take proper decision.

Thread Starter #12

Less noise- dzire wins.

Approx kms would be 1000 to 1200 per month, mixed city plus highway. 100% AC on, no problem in resale value.
@ amiti, so as to avoid confusion, please ask him to pen down his requirements in decreasing order i.e. most important ,less important , least important.
It will be helpful to take proper decision.
Requirements as I mentioned, all given equal points though.
Good suspension,
Good drivability
Reliable
Easy on Pocket

Raj, we did consider indigo cr4 but not the manza, as both of us didn't like the manza.

Approx kms would be 1000 to 1200 per month, mixed city plus highway. 100% AC on, no problem in resale value.

Requirements as I mentioned, all given equal points though.
Good suspension,
Good drivability
Reliable
Easy on Pocket
a.
Both are getting almost equal points, so decision should be based on
1) city: highway running ratio, please give approx. break up. If city running is more as compared to high way , dzire is the choice.
2) height, size, number of the rear benchers, How much important is their comfort for the owner? If 3, tall, comfort is important, then verito is the choice.
3) TD the verito in a ghat section, Find out the overaking experience with AC on. Verito is little under powered as compared to the dzire, but if your cousin is satisfied then verito is a good buy.

Top Bottom