Mahindra Thar vs Maruti Gypsy (Or Something Else)?

which off-roader SUV?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
gotta be the Thar for me. it is more modern and has those classic Jeep looks. but for some offroading, i'd get a fortuner. LOL

350Z

Core Team
Now this poll gets a little trickier. I personally like both the cars but if you are looking for some real “Off-Road” stint, it has to be the Thar anyday. For rally-types (Like Raid the Himalayas), I would still pick up the Gypsy though. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

The most difficult poll , yeah even the car vs girl friend poll.

Both the car has some specialities.
gypsy can go through a rough road , where even a Nissan patrol struck.

Thar plus point , Clssy looks , diesel engine and a better engine from mahindra.

Gypsy a fine class of car , light weigh with good torque with helps it to roll over difficult obstacle.

In the end , i have not yet voted

Thar is poor vehicle from maintenance, use and value of money point of view. 10 years down the line you would have spend so much money on that that you could have actually bought 4 THAR.

Gypsy is comparatively a leaner, meaner machine and is pretty cheap to maintain.

Thar design in itself is not very ergonomic so when on long expedition kind of journey you would be soon fuming.

If the pricing of Thar comes down by a lac rs, it might then be a good buy. At that Price which Thar is selling, I would recommend a Gurkha any day - which is hardtop, A/C + PS and PTO and Diff. Locks!!

Personal Choices here.
From the given options; I would prefer THAR.
But for serious off roading; I would prefer either a Safari or a Fortuner(if my budget permits!)[evil]

Personal Choices here.
From the given options; I would prefer THAR.
But for serious off roading; I would prefer either a Safari or a Fortuner(if my budget permits!)[evil]

Fortuner And Safari Will not go where Jeep or Gypsy Go, both of these vehicles will go any where ,,but Modern SUV will go only in Road and Says they are Sports Utility Vehicle hahahaaaaaaa[frustration]

i don't know about you but i have seen many safari and fortuner doing off-roading where jeep and gypsy doing but problem is that not many have big heart to put such expensive to this work .

Top Bottom