Mahindra Scorpio VLX Mist Silver: 1,00,000 Kms & Counting

Yes you can travel in the Scorpio without even the slightest discomfort even for long trips! Nice report.

Seems the Scorpio is easy on the pocket when compared to my Safari! Good that the issue was resolved soon and that they even apologized and gave complimentary gifts!

But one thing guys! If i am not wrong its not advisable to top up engine oils right??

Last edited:
MAINTAINANCE REPORT 1ST FREE SERVICE:
The vehicle had clocked 4780 And was due for service,
Work done was Replacing all oils, Especially engine oil. Etc
1.MAXIMILE SUPREMEC2 7 Nos Rate 1207.45 RS
2.OIL FILTER 1No 138.66 RS
3.DIFFRENCIAL OIL MXX 1 244.45 RS
4.MAXIMILE GEAR OIL 2 355.10 RS
5.CONSUMABLES 300 300 RS
TOTAL 2497/-

2ND FREE SERVICE:
9010 Kms ODO

1. WHITE TAG 1NO 12 RS
2. RUBBER STOPPER 2NO 17 RS
3.CONSUMABLES 300 RS
4.ENGINE MOTO CARE 600 RS
TOTAL 1025/-
That moto care was done to prevent the engine compartment from rusting, during rainy seasons.

3RD FREE SERVICE
13211 kms ODO

1. Some Clip for clutch 30 rs+ taxes
2.CONSUMABLES 300 rs+ taxes
Only topping of all oils.
Total 365/-

GRAND TOTAL- 3887 Rs for 14 Months of my Purchase.
seems your maintainence bills were much higher compared to mine-

5000 kms, 1st free service:

OIL FITER (1) 127.11
GEAR OIL (2) 307.54
DIFFERENTIAL OIL (1) 218.66
ENGINE OIL PREMIUM (6) 840.00
COTTON WASTE (1) 8.88 (ridiculous!!)
W.D. 40 (1) 43.75

TOTAL: Rs. 1545.94

10,000 kms, 2nd free service:

Kms. Run: 10604

Emery Paper --> Rs. 12.44
Maximile Coolant --> Rs. 116.75

Total --> Rs. 145 (including VAT)

15,000 kms, 3rd free service:

Total cost incurred: Rs. 467/-

Raj this was the reason for me trying to remain with stock.
And no major modifications.
What ever the problem arises, It goe on the dealer.
And he corrects it accepting those issues.

Even i had thought of fixing the Carry Boy as you had.
He cautioned me saying it will be fitted to chassis, And problem may arise in future. So i sticked onto bull bar. Which is fitted to Bumper.
trust me mate, unless you really mess with the vehicle, your warranty will still be intact. like your car, even my scorpio goes only to the A.S.S for all its issues (never to a local garage) & its warranty is still intact even though i have fitted an aftermarket ICE & the carryboy guard.

Yes you can travel in the Scorpio without even the slightest discomfort even for long trips! Nice report.

Seems the Scorpio is easy on the pocket when compared to my Safari! Good that the issue was resolved soon and that they even apologized and gave complimentary gifts!

But one thing guys! If i am not wrong its not advisable to top up engine oils right??
why is it not advisable to top up engine oil buddy? it should be done right?

Thread Starter #19
seems your maintainence bills were much higher compared to mine-

5000 kms, 1st free service:

OIL FITER (1) 127.11
GEAR OIL (2) 307.54
DIFFERENTIAL OIL (1) 218.66
ENGINE OIL PREMIUM (6) 840.00
COTTON WASTE (1) 8.88 (ridiculous!!)
W.D. 40 (1) 43.75

TOTAL: Rs. 1545.94

10,000 kms, 2nd free service:

Kms. Run: 10604

Emery Paper --> Rs. 12.44
Maximile Coolant --> Rs. 116.75

Total --> Rs. 145 (including VAT)

15,000 kms, 3rd free service:

Total cost incurred: Rs. 467/-

trust me mate, unless you really mess with the vehicle, your warranty will still be intact. like your car, even my scorpio goes only to the A.S.S for all its issues (never to a local garage) & its warranty is still intact even though i have fitted an aftermarket ICE & the carryboy guard.

why is it not advisable to top up engine oil buddy? it should be done right?
Great Raj, May be there is difference in taxes here(bangalore) and there(Mumbai).
And all places i visited was ghat sections with 11 members.
May be mine might have consumed more than you.
Anyways thanks for sharing.

I mean i have heard people saying that its not good to top-up engine oils. Removing them completely and then again re-filling it with a new one is the good method! Am not sure though , can somebody confirm this??[confused]

raj_5004,nice to see the details regarding the service cost of each part,a great work done.I guess it would be helpful for other scorpio owners too.
i always keep an entire log of my vehicle, it is like sort of a record book for easy reference later. helps me too.

Great Raj, May be there is difference in taxes here(bangalore) and there(Mumbai).
And all places i visited was ghat sections with 11 members.
May be mine might have consumed more than you.

Anyways thanks for sharing.
yes, that can be true. mine runs mostly only within cities.

I mean i have heard people saying that its not good to top-up engine oils. Removing them completely and then again re-filling it with a new one is the good method! Am not sure though , can somebody confirm this??[confused]
yes, that can be true though i am not sure.

350Z

Core Team
It’s correct method and there’s no issue in topping up but that doesn’t means to overflow the tank with oil!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #26
yes, the ABS issue has been successfully solved in my car. it was traced to a faulty connection.

Hi Raj,
That ABS Problem, Was because of a sensor problem. Which is connected with hand brake.
ABS and Handbrake are interconnected.
Good to know raj your problem of ABS is no more.
Try to see what all errors comes in Laptop that they connect to your ECU of car.
In mine it was showing MIL Lamp on and was fault.
Normal braking would be there, When ABS was not working earlier in my car i used to feel some vibration from brake pedal.
I could feel the stopping distance of car was more.

Thread Starter #27
Hello guys needed some help my scorpio VLX has done 16000 kms and there is a cut on the tread of the tyre.
TYRE: BRIDGESTONE DUELER H/T 689
Especially Raj i wanted your inputs on that regarding procedures of how to claim for a new tyre.
How is the tyre on your scorpio?
Really disappointed.
Help me out guys:please::help:

Mukesh, are you planning to claim warranty on your tyre?

First you have to make out how it happend. If its tyre fault, then only you can claim.

hi mukesh, since you car has already run 16k kms, i dont think mahindra will entertain any claim as a tyre is a "wear & tear" part & they will attribute this to your driving habits or road surface.

how serious is this issue? you can give a try talking to the A.S.S & i hope you get a positive response.

Positive response from a authorized service station! - the statement looks funny.

They'll simply put the blame on you!

You have ride on a very bad road with deep and sharp stones , may be you drove over a sharp object.

these will be there statements.

Try speaking to them in another manner - like you'll pay some if they help in replacing in warrenty

Top Bottom