Mahindra Scorpio VLX Mist Silver: 1,00,000 Kms & Counting

hi mukesh, first of all, please do not lose hope on bridgestone. infact even the most expensive tyre will get damaged in such situations, its not the tyre's fault.

i would recommend that you exchange the damaged tyre with your stepney which is a bridgestone. thus you will have the same tyres on all 4 wheels. then, for the stepney, you can buy a single tyre (any make/brand). preferably, buy the same tyre.

Yeah as raj says , the fault is by driving over a sharp object , be it a stone at road side.

And in mrf the damage could be less as its so harder than other tyre , But you get some road noise in them! Each has a + and -

Thread Starter #48
hi mukesh, first of all, please do not lose hope on bridgestone. infact even the most expensive tyre will get damaged in such situations, its not the tyre's fault.

i would recommend that you exchange the damaged tyre with your stepney which is a bridgestone. thus you will have the same tyres on all 4 wheels. then, for the stepney, you can buy a single tyre (any make/brand). preferably, buy the same tyre.
Yes Raj , Of Course will not lose hopes On Bridgestone.
How is the tyre tread on your Scorpio, Do follow the tyre rotation at 5K kms interval.
My Question is can the damaged tyre repaired by any super glue[lol].
As the Bridgestone Engineer said the cut is not deep and said That tyre has Steel belt, And i can drive with the same.
And said the tyre has enough tread left in it.

And Raj can you pl share your bill details of 4th Service (1st Paid Service) details.As all the 3 Free services are over.
I had gone to drop my vehicle he directly said it will cost 8000 Rs for Paid without seeing my vehicle.
And after seeing kms on ODO(16912) he said the vehicle is not due for service And vehicle is 16 months old.
He said to come somewhere around 18000 kms.
And at what kms would you suggest me to drop for service.
So this does not affect the extended Warranty right.
As it was mentioned in Extended Warranty booklet to maintain the vehicle according to Service Chart for warranty to be official.

Attachments

Last edited:
Well in that case you can use the damaged wheel as your spare wheel!! No need to waste money much!!

Service interval for Scorpio is 10,000kms i think so you should drop your vehicle for service after the completion of 10k kms after the previous service! And Rs.8000 must have been said for all the general services like full engine oil change , filter change , washing etc etc!!

Thread Starter #50
Oh thanks cooldhaya note made to myself?
I will not go for a new tyre, instead will use the spare tyre which i havent used it till now.
The same has been fixed and the faulty tyre is in the factory of BRIDGESTONE as per dealer.

Thread Starter #52
Some cold war is going on between Mahindra officials and my dad over mails until they give a report of the problem with the lot they had provided to our vehicle.
Mine was not the only one with the problem.
When i had visited BRIDGESTONE office even other Scorpio was having the crack, So my dad has fired him regarding quality concerns.
Because when we had 1st shown him the tyre he had said to exchange the tyre and get 500 discount for the old one and purchase a new one for 6k.
The tyre is with them to know the manufacturing details.

Yes Raj , Of Course will not lose hopes On Bridgestone.
How is the tyre tread on your Scorpio, Do follow the tyre rotation at 5K kms interval.
My Question is can the damaged tyre repaired by any super glue[lol].
As the Bridgestone Engineer said the cut is not deep and said That tyre has Steel belt, And i can drive with the same.
And said the tyre has enough tread left in it.
my bridgestones are doing good. it has crossed 33k now with no issues & 1 puncture.

this tyre cannot be repaired IMO.

And Raj can you pl share your bill details of 4th Service (1st Paid Service) details.As all the 3 Free services are over.
I had gone to drop my vehicle he directly said it will cost 8000 Rs for Paid without seeing my vehicle.
And after seeing kms on ODO(16912) he said the vehicle is not due for service And vehicle is 16 months old.
He said to come somewhere around 18000 kms.
And at what kms would you suggest me to drop for service.
So this does not affect the extended Warranty right.
As it was mentioned in Extended Warranty booklet to maintain the vehicle according to Service Chart for warranty to be official.
here is the details of my 4th service which is a paid service-

20,000 Service:

1) Maximile supreme oil - 6 lit. - Rs. 912/-
2) Oil filter - 1 - Rs. 138/-
3) Max treat (Oil additive added on my request) - 1 - Rs. 346/-
4) Fuel filter - 1 - Rs. 1445/-
5) Washer - 4 - Rs. 64/-
6) Cotton Waste - 2 - Rs. 17/-
7) W.D. 40 - 1 - Rs. 54/-
8) Mafron 134 Gas (For AC) - 700 - Rs. 420/-
9) Refrigerant oil 13 - 100 - Rs. 150/-

Labour Charges:

1) Change engine oil - Rs. 300/-
2) Fuel Filter - Rs. 300/-
3) Vehicle Washing - Rs. 450/-
4) AC service - Rs. 3000/-

VAT + Sales = Rs. 443/-
TAX = Rs. 417/-

TOTAL = Rs. 8459/-

PLEASE NOTE THAT the items marked in Bold are not included in service & was done because i had an AC complaint.

so the effective bill without AC trouble would be- Rs. 4886/-

Rs. 8000 that your A.S.S is simply too high, they are ripping you off. ask them the details about the work done & costing, etc.

get you vehicle service at 20,000 kms (+- 1000 kms). this wont affect your extended warranty.

Thread Starter #54
my bridgestones are doing good. it has crossed 33k now with no issues & 1 puncture.

this tyre cannot be repaired IMO.

Rs. 8000 that your A.S.S is simply too high, they are ripping you off. ask them the details about the work done & costing, etc.

get you vehicle service at 20,000 kms (+- 1000 kms). this wont affect your extended warranty.
Yes Raj even i felt the same as In March I had went for Mahindra 70 point free checkup camp.
After noticing that they told me not to drop the vehicle now and to drop somewhere around 18000kms.
And they did solve all my problems to a certain extent.(3RD Gear Vibration Problem) is still there. But clutch has freeplay now and gear shifting is smoother now.
They had even topped refrigerant of AC and all those stuffs except engine oil.
I dont even have AC complaint as in my car at 2 speed it freezes my hand[lol].
But at the ASS they are trying to make money after the free services are over.[anger]
I dont know where to drop my vehicle.

You can actually get a quotation of the prices explaining the cost of each work going to be carried out in your car! That may give you a clear picture!!

If your dealer is near your home then go personally because you can clarify any doubts if you have. Ask them why 8k needs to be spent and for what purpose!!

Thread Starter #60
Hello guys after a long waiting i got a quote of service to be done for 20,000 km.
So any suggestions regarding nature of work is kindly accepted.
The vehicles current mileage on ODO is 17,200 kms
Raj Esp i wanted your comments.

Enclosed photo of the quote.

Is wheel balancing applicable for Alloy wheels??

I have heard of wheel alignment.

Help me out guys.

Attachments

Top Bottom