Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT 2WD Black & Silver

Thread Starter #31
Will get TPMS checked...since I am going to Chennai this weekend...will also keep an eye on any other issues like alignment/wobbling etc and get it all done.

I tried to connect my iphone to the USB slot and it was not recognized. Anyone has experience with that?

Will get TPMS checked...since I am going to Chennai this weekend...will also keep an eye on any other issues like alignment/wobbling etc and get it all done.

I tried to connect my iphone to the USB slot and it was not recognized. Anyone has experience with that?
I think support with OEM stereos is restricted upto Pen drives & not Ipod's.
I can't comment as mine is pre-refreshed one with old stereo.

Thread Starter #33
Scorpio is little more than a week old now and I already washed her thrice. Went to Chennai and clocked around 840+ kms total. Ride was super smooth. Hardly crossed 90 more than a few times. Have filled diesel twice and got 11 kmpl on both occasions. Need to fill Nitogen in the tires this week. I was surprised the Stock ICE played well in the trip. It was even better while coming back as the vehicle was loaded in the back with suitcases. I did not hear a bad bass even once.

Few cribs - when i washed the car, a few drops seem to get through the door beadings on to the inside. also lot of mud seems to get in, in the back door bottom and needs special cleaning every time. Also the door linings are coming off at their own will and I am checking all the four door every time I drive. i got a call from Mahindra and I complained about it. Not sure what and if anything they will do.

Enjoy your drive Suresh, good to know your crunching miles on your hawk, how was the overtaking maneuvers of your hawk.
Which gear mode you were using most of time?

Happy Motoring.
Drive Safe.

Thread Starter #36
Mukesh...since mine is auto, just kept it on D all the time. The only time when we really need to switch to lower gears is during uphill or downhill. I thought of using the W option, but rains were not that heavy. So left it in Normal.

Pickup is just awesome, Scorpio being a 6 speed. But I really did not push it since the vehicle is new. I am at 950kms now and will take it easy till I hit 1000.

I could really feel the pickup and power while driving back near the little hilly sections in and around Hosur.

Thread Starter #37
One more thing i wanted to check...i felt like some water hitting my left leg at times when it was raining or when i was driving over a pool of water. have you felt that? Need to go under the Scorp and look under the drivers seat to see if there are holes through which the water kind of gets in when you are driving in rain.

One more thing i wanted to check...i felt like some water hitting my left leg at times when it was raining or when i was driving over a pool of water. have you felt that? Need to go under the Scorp and look under the drivers seat to see if there are holes through which the water kind of gets in when you are driving in rain.
Were you using AC for long duration during drive?
The outlet of condensed water runs above the clutch and exits.
May be water is dripping from that.
It happened with me during my trip to Jog, as it was raining outside, i had used AC all through the drive, so that made these incident.
There is no way ,water will enter inside.

The solution is they will wrap-up that outlet with spongy material and water dropplets don't fall on the left foot.

Thread Starter #39
Just wanted to give an update. almost at 1800kms now. Had a wonderful trip to Mysore for the long weekend. Trip experience under voyage junction.

Got first scratch on friday. I think an auto guy brushed on the front left bumper. have some minor scratches. paint peeled off and I can see the gray surface. I guess I have to live with it.

Have been driving like a mad man. really feel powerful driving the scorp. I get irritated by these Indica and Tata Sumo yellow board taxis. they have no road sense. If you see a Scorpio automatic zipping on ORR between Silk board and Sarjapur. it is me. [clap]

Handling is just great for that big of a vehicle. I have got only around 10kmpl in the two times I filled. Planning to do the nitrogen fill up this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on covering those miles, these scratches you can't live without it.

Even my Hawk had a scratch, some saddist had scratched it on day one on left side, but have to live with it.
The sticker costs 21,000, so kept quite, one thing on silver these scratches can't be seen.

I guess the mileage/litre increases once you are done with 1st service.

Congrats for your new acquisition. This is one of the best color combination available in Scorpio.
Nice interiors, however i wish M&M had wrapped the gear stick. The naked look is an eye sore.

Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT 2WD Black/Silver

Congratulations, nice looks.. can you post few interior snaps of this vehicle ? thanks-regards

Hi Suresh
I have just joined today and the first thing I did was to read all your treads,since I am planning to buy one Scorpio VLX AT BSIV .
Please advice me if I am taking right decision and want to know more about the performance of your Scorpio AT , also want to know if you have in niggles in the car , like squeaking & rattling sounds of doors / tailgate & seats.Looking forward for your reply , take care , drive safe.[:D]

hey guys.just joined tai..was reading quotes about black beuty///just booked a black and silver vlx today

had a choice between black and white.chose to go with the black..can sumone tell me if black gets heated up more than any other colour and if the ac is as effective...

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom