Mahindra Scorpio: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
I am starting this thread in favour of our fellow members Scorpio(Hawk) Gang who are facing issues with their Scorpio, which can be discussed in this thread.

And i will be the 1st one to report my issue i am having.

In the 2nd gear when the vehicle speed decreases ,the vehicle starts shaking vigourously and switching off.

So any one having problems which i am facing.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Mahindra Scorpio Issues & Woes!

Hey guys today i had been to A.S.S to fix the clutch switch which was playing a bad game, thank god that happened in front of the cotech.
And said they are going to replace it.
But as soon as i was about to reach the dealership, the AC conked off.

The resistor had burnt in there and there was smoke in the cabin.
I switched off the AC and entered the dealership.
That added accidentally to the list of problems.

Now A.S.S loves me so much that they wish me to see them again.

Hawk's others eye will have a cataract operation too.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

wwhhhoo so what did they said what made this thing burn
I got in touch with M&M its related to the clutch switch, which should have been changed by them.
But as they didn't it said that the power delivered from low end torque caused excess flow of current into the resistor, which caused this burn.

Its been said that my car was not even checked for electricals for all these days.

And it was a 2008 parts and according to them it has served the job very well.

Still the part has not yet arrived :(

They are about to inform me when the parts are procured from Mumbai, the regional CCM said this part is no where across Karnataka dealerships.

i thought tata people are only one who don't do work properly now even mahindra is same . i hope you get your part soon

Hey Mukesh,
What is a clutch switch and where is it located? Please do post a picture. I guess you have an extended warranty, so atleast that should give you some peace of mind.

@mastersquall : One of the Service Center engineers said, Mahindra starts to focus on a newer version of a car/suv and have a lethargic approach, when it comes to spare parts availability, for older versions. I had to wait for a week to get the fly wheel.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

Hey Mukesh,
What is a clutch switch and where is it located? Please do post a picture. I guess you have an extended warranty, so atleast that should give you some peace of mind.
Avinash clutch switch is the main component of clutch freeplay, its like a screw with spring action as a Jetter pen.
That allows the correct torque from the engine to the rear wheels, when clutch is released.

Yes i do have extended warranty.

Hi,

How to fix the lock and unlock of central locking in scorpio nippon system?
Let me know if I need to fix anything during starting or shutting down the engine.

Also, any suggestions to improve the smoothness of gear and clutch in scorpio mhawk.

Please advice.

White-Rhino, consult your dealer and he will quickly program the switch which is located inside the glove box. Takes no time to do it. After around 20 seconds, all five doors are centrally locked, and unlocked when you turn off he ignition. I believe there are other features too, but I'm unaware of.

My woes with M&M Scorpio:
Front Passenger and Driver power windows malfunctioned.
Solution: Bang the inside part of the door, right near the handle, above the speakers and the windows start working. Surprising part is, folks at M&M are aware of it, and are still fitting the malfunctioning machinery in brand new Scorpios. Anyways, I got mine replaced under warranty, and it took close to 2 months to do that, plus a few emails to M&M corp. and the dealer.

Issue No. 2: My truck pulls to left. I have been noticing it for the past one year now. It was negligible earlier, and I owed it to bad roads. Later realized its something else. Got the alignment done, wheel balancing and rotation as well. But all this has been of no use. Have mentioned it to the dealer's workshop. Plan to show it to them during my next servicing that is due in Oct-Nov.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the peformance of the truck, but the quality of parts both interior and exterior dissappoint me.

Hi,

Let me know if I need to fix anything during starting or shutting down the engine.

Also, any suggestions to improve the smoothness of gear and clutch in scorpio mhawk.

Please advice.
White-Rhino, I've answered your query regarding the gear shift issue in your ownership thread, check it out if you haven't already.

Thread Starter #11

Hi,

Please advice.
Hello W-R.

What problem are you facing with locking system?

Your's is a RFID based Nippon system where a key has etching of a microchip.
So there is no codes involved.

To improve the smoothness of gear change, press & depress the clutch 3-4 times before starting the vehicle.
This removes any air bubbles in the hydraulic fluid.
Caution : Engage handbrake while pressing clutch.

And there is no need to idle the engine after starting.

And always its better to start the vehicle by pressing clutch.

Thread Starter #12
Re: Mahindra Scorpio Problems and Woes

Not again guys, i had been to SKS for leveling of headlight.
Which was newly fixed 10 days back.
After fixing the headlamp, i guess the right headlamps was not swerving, and instead focussed the beam downwards.
Where as the left one was working fine.

On checking today at A.S.S. they found that Motor of headlamp is gone.
And part is not available in their stock.[frustration]

Why does this happen to me every time.

Later the CRM calls me & tells they have ordered the part and it would not covered under warranty & costs 1400.
I asked why its not covered, for that she had no answer, and said Service manager would be calling me soon.
Meanwhile this issue has already been adressed to Regional CCM of Karnataka.

Thread Starter #14

Still no reply from anyone after 16 days, have dropped a reminder to GM of SKS.
Will wait one day more and will start shoot a mail to CC of M&M.[anger]

I wont call this an issue but a lapse on part of the guy who fixed the headlamp.
So waited patiently for all these days.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15

Got a reply the required part is still in process [surprise] & i would be intimated once the part arrives.
But will give them a chance too [roll]

Top Bottom