Mahindra Scorpio: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #31
Re: Solutions and Problems in Mahindra Scorpio

they are taking there sweet time
Still no reply from anyone after 16 days, have dropped a reminder to GM of SKS.
Will wait one day more and will start shoot a mail to CC of M&M.[anger]

I wont call this an issue but a lapse on part of the guy who fixed the headlamp.
So waited patiently for all these days.
Well the issues of the automatic leveller was solved, only after tweeting Anand mahindra.
I was surprised by the way the part arrived the next day after the tweet.

The regional Manager of M&M was in touch all through the dealership, and they gave me 30 % discount on the part.
In the meanwhile the rear tail lamp bulb was replaced, as the brake light was not working.

I was astonished by the time they solved the problem, but they were hesistant to give it under warranty.
And i was called into GM's cabin, and was asked to call GM and we would help me @ dispossal.
He was like sir, next time "You can call me anytime directly", i will be taking care of your issues.

Attachments

sir, next time "You can call me anytime directly", i will be taking care of your issues.
LOL,That is fantastic Idea Mukesh.Kudos to you and Appreciate Mahindra's concern.

Good Mukesh.

But for small issues if we have to contact Anand Mahindra then what all CRMs are doing?

Thread Starter #34

Good Mukesh.

But for small issues if we have to contact Anand Mahindra then what all CRMs are doing?
He was grilled and i got a reply, he was giving all kinds of justification.

It took us different vendor this time, the sourcing takes lot of time, blah,blah.
Just previous day of tweet, he was not sure of when the part may arrive.
He said to wait me for 1 more week.
But after the tweet the part arrived from no where.

All these days i had written to them why it was not covered under warranty?
Looks like that was the main reason for them to delay, saying part is not available.

You can see several tweets, where a guy from brazil is waiting for 40 days for rear glass of Scorpio.

I didn't wrote anything regarding parts needed .
What i had written was "Dear.Mr. Anand, somewhere after the launch of XUV5oo the CC response towards Scorpio customer has gone down"

The part had arrived the very next day.
This shows how these A.S.S are playing.

Re: Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Rocky Beige Bought

Hi, I am facing an issue with the Front power windows in my scorpio SLE whenever there is a rain in the city. Everytime, the service engineers correct the problem but it is appearing every time there is a rain. Is there any permanent solution to the problem? Do you think whether the service engineers were not able to identify the root cause of the problem? I am seeing this issue in the threads as well. Has anyone was able to fix this issue?

Thread Starter #36
Re: Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Rocky Beige Bought

Best issue is to replace the power window switch.

In my case long ago in 2009 the the power window, rear backside failed to open in Ghat section, bad roads.
And on normal road after few minutes it opened, just mailed the scenario to M&M customer care.
The A.S.S (Sireesh Auto) refused twice, giving lame reasons and they told its working fine.
But the mail to CC ordered the A.S.S to replace the switch and it was done promptly, from then on never faced any issues with any power windows.

Last edited:
Re: The List of Problems in Mahindra Scorpio

Do you have the M&M email address to whom I can send the problem detail? I am facing this issue every now and then. It is really annoying me. Thanks in advance [:)]

Do you have the M&M email address to whom I can send the problem detail? I am facing this issue every now and then. It is really annoying me. Thanks in advance [:)]
Get the email address and phone number of Service Advisor, Customer Care Manager, Works/Service Manager and GM (Service & Spares) of the dealer. Talk to them first about your issues.

If nothing satisfactory happens, give your complaint in writing by emailing them with CC to customercare@mahindra.com

Bangalore Area Customer Care Manager from Mahindra will get in touch with you in a day or two. Get his email and phone number too.

All your issues will be sorted by the dealer. It worked for me.

Customer care response from Mahindra is good [cheers]

Thread Starter #39

PM your email id i will forward you regional manager based on A.S.S where you will be dropping the vehicle.

If you drop a mail to CC they will forward it to concerned regional Managers and you can get your issues rectified.

Mahindra Scorpio VLX AC Issues

Dear All,

I am in dire need of technical expertise for my Mahindra Scorpio VLX done 80K in pristine condition.

Recently my AC stopped cooling, I got it fixed at a very reputed Local AC mechanic who advised me to change the cooling coil, which I did, he gave me a waaranty of one year for any fault in AC (ggod guy I have no complaints from him). But the problem is that AC is not cooling as it used to do earlier it might be cooling half compared to earlier cooling, I took the car to the AC wala again he did all the checking but still the proper cooling is not there, one of my relative is a Mahindra dealer and Authoized workshop in Kota Rajasthan, I took his advise, he asked me to connect his works manager to the AC wala, did the same both the guys had detailed chat on the issue, report I got that the AC wala is thorough in his technicals and there is no issue found that why AC is not cooling, he advised me to go to the dealership and get it checked, I will do the same as soon as I get time, but before that is there anyone who can let me know that why the AC is not cooling well?

1. I got the condesor cleaned
2. Compressor is charged to the right quantity with gas.
3. all the valves are in place.
4. external air vent is closed.
5. Heater waitch is closed.

And there many other possible issues discussed all of them have been addressed but still cooling issues.

Someone pls help me

Thanks.[frustration]

Thread Starter #41
Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX AC Issues

Hello Prakeragarwal, Welcome to TAI and to the hawk gang .

Good to know you have covered 80,000 kms.

Btw my Hawk is doing good with AC in all these three years.

Let me have some answers to these questions.

Was the AC fan behind glow box checked for any problems.
Check this pic :http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...list-problems-mahindra-scorpio.html#post95719

Next was there any burning smell when AC engaged or smoke from the vents.

As you say all the refregerants topped up, was it Mafron gas.

Our other member Raj also got his coil changed for his Scorpio earlier.
The details are here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../55-my-scorpio-vlx-powered-mhawk.html#post267

If you park the vehicle below the trees, those leaves would have collected in the fan http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...7-list-problems-mahindra-scorpio-dsc04281.jpg, where they will remove the glove box and clean it.

From your questions i am not clear whether cooling is less or the throw of Air you are speaking about.

And also i didn't get that heater waitch ?

And also are you using the recirculation mode of AC , i.e. Car symbol, just next to AC low button, if not throw of air will be less compared to only AC switch if you ON .

Let me get answers to these.

So have a check on above mentioned parts in those respective links.

Hi Folks,
Again I have come to you with standard question that every Scorpio owners are having. I know that the questions might have been asked many times and answers would have been given many times. But, would be good if you can also guide me this time. I have 2010 mHawk which has covered nearly 38k and I started feeling rattling noise in the passenger seat (mostly due to head-rest) and the middle row seat. Is there anyway, we can fix the rattling issue ourselves? The reason I am asking this question is that the car have been serviced 3 months back and now again the rattling noise is started.

I got my vehicle serviced (25,000 km) at SKS Hosur Road as IG Victoria Road service center is moving their operations to Whitefield. All my issues were resolved by SKS. I am happy with their service.

Middle row right window switch was not working properly since 2nd free service. Now, they replaced the power window motor under warranty and is working fine. Vibrations have come down too.

SKS charged 900 for interior cleaning through Maxicare, where as IG used to charge only 600. I spoke to their Service Manager and they matched IG's price.

Brakes were frequently making screeching/squealing noise. They did OCA brake cleaning and now it does not make any noise.

I thought since IG was a Mahindra dealer since Willys time, their service would be better than other dealers. But I was wrong. I am fed up of those service folks [frustration]

SKS is looking to be promising. Let me see how they do in future services. One good thing with Hosur Road service is they service only Scorpios and XUVs.

As I had mentioned in my earlier post, this is what I do with every service:

1. Take a printout of all the issues that I observe/notice
2. Hand it over to the SA and make sure that is attached to the job card
3. Get the email address of Service Manager and GM
4. After leaving the vehicle for service, immediately send out an email to both of them informing them of the issues. If the issues are severe, CC Mahindra Customer Care.
5. During vehicle dispatch, use the printout as checklist and check if all the issues are resolved
6. Take a road test

This is working for me for the last 2 services [:)]

Re: Solution of Problems in Mahindra Scorpio

Hmm still i am not able to figure it out.
There is no vibrations what so ever.

The bushes were replaced in my hawk around 30,000 kms service interval.

Did they charge you for replacement of bushes?

Check here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dra-scorpio-vlx-mist-silver-26.html#post87099

I have a question here. Should the chassis bushes be replaced at 30,000 km service or only if we report to SA that there are lots of vibrations in the vehicle?

I don't know what they did in 25,000 km service but the vehicle is smooth and there are less vibrations now [thinking]

Tyre rotation, Wheel alignment & Wheel balancing were never done by IG. I just completed reading the owner's manual after having the vehicle for one year :biggrin:

I got all of them done by SKS and probably, it is better now.

Hi, I have one more question. After the service, do we need to check whether they have done any service to the engine. I am thinking that mostly they would not be doing any thing to the engine unless we complaint. I recently noticed that some scratches were there in the engine front panel below the mHawk plastic. Please suggest what should I be doing?

Top Bottom