Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Suspension Life

Thread Starter #1
In recent times I am experiencing the following problem in my scoprio. I have mHawk model and I started feeling that steering is getting dragged in one direction. Hence, went ahead and did the wheel alignment and Wheel balancing. When, the person was doing wheel balancing, he identified that there could be a problem in suspension in one of the wheel. Hence, he could not able to do proper alignment and he suggested me to check with service center. I took my car to the service center and the mechanic suspects that there could be a problem in suspension. My car has completed 53k journey so far. I feel this is little early for the cars to have suspension problem. Can any of you throw some lights on (1) what is the suspension life of scorpio mhawk? In case I have to give for fixing the suspension problem (2) what parts the service engineer will change?

Re: Scorpio - mHawk - Suspension Life

@Raj

I never owned an SUV in my life so far. So my opinion is based on your post and travelled some time in Scorpio. I hope Scorpio is built strong to take any kind of abuse from bad roads and expect suspension is stronger, but at times it depends on the roads we drive and in one instance suspension may get spoiled, so there nothing like a life for any part. So advise from service center guy might be correct, is your Scorpio is under warranty then it could be a problem on pocket, otherwise there is no other way than getting it fixed with your own cost.

They are quite a few experienced members in our forum who could really can suggest on this problem I hope !! I wish your gets back to normal soon

hey raj whats yout opinion about VLX automatic ?
is it good or bad
can i know the positive and negative feed back of this vehicle?

Hey Raj the suspension Of Scorpio Vlx is covered only till 50000 kms.
Were the bushes on your hawk were changed at required intervals???
The first change of bushes was done on my hawk around 30000 kms
And so far everything is working the way it should.
I am currently at the Mahindra dealership for servicing my Hawk, will ask the cotech and will update once I know from him.
Which side of suspension are you suspecting might have damaged.
Reply ASAP.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Hey Raj the suspension Of Scorpio Vlx is covered only till 50000 kms.
Were the bushes on your hawk were changed at required intervals???
The first change of bushes was done on my hawk around 30000 kms
And so far everything is working the way it should.
I am currently at the Mahindra dealership for servicing my Hawk, will ask the cotech and will update once I know from him.
Which side of suspension are you suspecting might have damaged.
Reply ASAP.
Hi mukeshus, The front-left side wheel is having issue (front passenger side). I was under assumption that you don't need to do any suspension related work till you reach 70k. But, based on your experience, i feel that 50k is normal. However, what kind of changes that you have done in the suspension? Is any part of the suspension system is changed? Please check with the tech person and update me. Thanks :)

hey raj whats yout opinion about VLX automatic ?
is it good or bad
can i know the positive and negative feed back of this vehicle?
Hey nuthan,
I recommend Scorpio anyday considering our road condition and pricing aspects of competitors. It is not because I own scorpio but because I have seen other vehicles as well, driven other vehicles too. I am just giving brief pros & cons. You may refer ownership/review forum for more detail.
Positives:
rough & tough. build specifically for indian roads
Less price compare to other SUVs in indian market as of today
Negatives:
Niggles of Mahindra vehicles is evident in scorpio. The plastics of newer vehicles (including mine) are not upto the mark. There is body roll if you go beyond 120.

However, knowing all these facts, I bought Scorpio and not regretting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi mukeshus, The front-left side wheel is having issue (front passenger side). I was under assumption that you don't need to do any suspension related work till you reach 70k. But, based on your experience, i feel that 50k is normal. However, what kind of changes that you have done in the suspension? Is any part of the suspension system is changed? Please check with the tech person and update me. Thanks :)
Hi Raj, the Cotech was like the suspension can never fail so early.

He said either they will have to repress the lower arm and upper arm of suspension.
And if needed the bushes will be changed.

Until and unless if one has done serious offroading the suspension cannot fail was his arguement.

A single suspension system of Scorpio worst case if gone costs 15000/-, including labour.

But he never accepted that Suspension can fail so early.

For the change of bushes you can refer my ownership thread.

Last edited:

Hi Mukeshus

OT maybe,,, but can you claim insurance on this suspension changes?

if yes, then i would suggest please go ahead with it. Any indian made cars which are made to take abusing conditions in India like our roads, potholes, ghats, etc are always reccomended to have the neccesary changes done under warranty (like Tata cars, SUVs) or changes under insurance

Better have a good product like scorpio fixed with such a critical piece of equiment like the suspension

i hope you might have an extended warranty.these things should be covered in warranty so this should not be an issue.

Hi Mukeshus

OT maybe,,, but can you claim insurance on this suspension changes?
I dont think it would be easy to claim insurance for suspension, since you wont be able to justify the accident which damaged just the inner part. However, i would suggest you to have a word with your M&M guy if something can be done about it.

zengetz

Suspended
I don't think its your suspension. You have not mentioned if the ride quality has a taken a hit but only mentioned steering problems.
Check the Tie-rod ends, stabilizer links. These must have gone kaput.

Thread Starter #12

Hi Raj, the Cotech was like the suspension can never fail so early.

A single suspension system of Scorpio worst case if gone costs 15000/-, including labour.

But he never accepted that Suspension can fail so early.

For the change of bushes you can refer my ownership thread.
Hi Mukeshus, I remember when I did wheel alignment, the mechanic was telling me that there could be a issue with Cotech. However, I could not remember the name. If it is the issue with Cotech, does it cover under 'extended warranty'? do you have any idea about this?

As you said 'unless if someone has done serious off-roading there is no chance'. I have never done any off-roading. If so, will there be any other reason for the problem?

Thread Starter #13
I don't think its your suspension. You have not mentioned if the ride quality has a taken a hit but only mentioned steering problems.
Check the Tie-rod ends, stabilizer links. These must have gone kaput.
Other than the steering problem, I feel the extra bouncy ride at high speeds which was not there earlier. Because of bouncy ride, i went ahead and did the wheel alignment and balancing. During that time only the alignment person was telling me that there could be a problem with suspension. He used some words that time and I could not correlate. But, when mukeshus said that it is 'cotech', I am able to correlate. Anyway, let me take to M&M this weekend and see :(

Hi Mukeshus, I remember when I did wheel alignment, the mechanic was telling me that there could be a issue with Cotech. However, I could not remember the name. If it is the issue with Cotech, does it cover under 'extended warranty'? do you have any idea about this?

As you said 'unless if someone has done serious off-roading there is no chance'. I have never done any off-roading. If so, will there be any other reason for the problem?
Hi Raj, i assumed you knew Cotech, Cotech is one who knows technical issues and is specially trained from Mahindra for solving issues, which are beyond mechanics or SA's imagination.

A Suspension has lower arm and upper arm which may need pressing, if possible check whether stabiliser links has been replaced, in services previously.

Its better to visit Authorised dealership for solving the problem, let them diagonise the problem and get back to you.

I had been to Chrome motors, Mysore road for my Hawk's service.
Really impressed with their level of service and technical knowledge.

They had to say the suspension can never fail so early.

The bouncy ride could be due to over inflation of tyres, so i follow 31 PSI for front and 32 PSI at rear.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15

Hi Raj, i assumed you knew Cotech, Cotech is one who knows technical issues and is specially trained from Mahindra for solving issues, which are beyond mechanics or SA's imagination.

A Suspension has lower arm and upper arm which may need pressing, if possible check whether stabiliser links has been replaced, in services previously.

Its better to visit Authorised dealership for solving the problem, let them diagonise the problem and get back to you.

I had been to Chrome motors, Mysore road for my Hawk's service.
Really impressed with their level of service and technical knowledge.

They had to say the suspension can never fail so early.

The bouncy ride could be due to over inflation of tyres, so i follow 31 PSI for front and 32 PSI at rear.
Hi Mukeshus, Thanks for providing me the details. Currently I am living in Chennai. When I was in Bangalore, I used to give my scorpio for service in SKS, BG Road. Now, I am giving the car for service in Zulaikha (An authorized M&M service center). What I am seeing in this service center is I am not getting the complete details of what they have serviced whenever I give for service. I am just getting the invoice mentioning about the charges for service and few other details. However, when I was in Bangalore, I used to get a report of the service that they have done from SKS.

Let me check with the service center this time and see what they are saying.

Top Bottom