Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk LX / SLE vs Mahindra Xylo E6

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

This is my first post in TAI.

I currently own a Maruti 800 AC (2005) model.
I'm planning to buy a new 8 seater car in mid 2012.
I'm confused [confused] between xylo e6 and scorpio Lx & SLE BS4 models which are near to my budget.

It would be very kind of you if you can guide me in making a firm decision on which car to buy. If you think any other car than those which I have mentioned above is/are good enough then pls let me know about it.

My budget and requirements:

Your Budget: MaX 8.

Your Location: Mumbai.

Top 5 Priorities:
1. AC should be good enough to keep 3rd row users cool
2. Power Steering & Power Windows
3. 3 user seat in middle row
4. Central locking
5. ABS
6. Comfortable for continuous travel for about 6 hrs (after reading 'Avindu's" post on his trip to Leh/Ladakh (under section The Voyage Junction) i am more inclined to go for scorpio, by seeing the power, comfort and value it gives). I had read several good & bad reviews of xylo. Of the bad reviews of xylo which i did not liked the most is rattling sound of middle section seats after 1 year. I dont like the design of it as well to be very frank.

Monthly Running: 700kms. In last 5.5 years my M800 has travelled 52000 kms

For Which Purpose:
Work (office is about 1.5 kms from my home :), still i prefer to go by car instead of auto rickshaw)
1 Day picnic every weekend in and nearby Mumbai
Family Trips (In Maharashtra & Gujarat 2 times in a quarter which are within 1000kms distance oneway)
Off-Road (during my visits to native place in Maharashtra twice a year)

Max. Seating Capacity: 5 normally (but on weekend picnics and trips the no's varies between 7 to 9). I've 3 kids (all are below 6 years, youngest twins are 3 years old). I live in joint family, so dad, mom , sis & her kid accompany us sometime.

Priority of Fuel Type: Diesel

Body Type: SUV / MUV

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #3
Thanks 350z for ur reply.
But still if i want to choose one from xylo e6 / scorpio lx /scorpio SLE which one is the best option based on my requirements.
I know new suv's are going to be launched in coming months, but i want to go for the one's which are tried and tested.
Found few pics of Maruti ertiga on google where interiors of this car were shown. It seems it is good for 6-7 seater only.

Scorpio SLE is the best bet in that segment right now. More so, because SLE comes with ABS which is a must for such a heavy SUV.

Scorpio has proved it's mettle over time, it is reliable & a true workhorse. If you get affected by small niggles like rattles or squeaks, look at the Innova. Toyota has a better A.S.S. too. But Innova is much more expensive & is not as fun to drive as a Scorpio.

Both Scorpio and XYLO have scary body roll, so better avoid.Why not wait for Suzuki Ertiga, or best New Tata Safari Merlin which is coming on 7th January 2012.

AMG

Suspended
Dont go in for xylo now, wait for the facelift.

If you cant wait, its got to be the Scorpio.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks 350z for ur reply.But still if i want to choose one from xylo e6 / scorpio lx /scorpio SLE which one is the best option based on my requirements.
From these two I'd prefer Mahindra Scorpio SLE. It is a capable and sturdy vehicle with a proven track record. But please be informed that SLE variant will cost over the specified budget of Rs.8 Lakhs. Here's link to a few of the reviews that might be of some help:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...le-diamond-white-rhino.html?highlight=scorpio

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...awk-rocky-beige-bought.html?highlight=scorpio

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...awk-one-year-ownership.html?highlight=scorpio

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...er-35-000-kms-counting.html?highlight=scorpio

Drive Safe,
350Z

If you carry more than 8 people then Xylo is better than scorpio why? because Xylo has more legroom than Scorpio(scorpio has cramped rear seats unlike xylo)
If you really need ABS then Scorpio SLE is good but that wont fall in 8 lakh budget so think again.

I personally like mHawk SLE than Xylo due to its look and feel. However, xylo is more spacious than scorpio. But, if you want really good driver's car then I suggest Scorpio anyday even though it has body roll.

body roll is evident unless you intend to do sharp bends at insane speeds. at sane speeds the body roll isnt that evident.

body roll is evident unless you intend to do sharp bends at insane speeds. at sane speeds the body roll isnt that evident.
The body roll issue is exaggerated a lot by many people. Surprisingly, I have not seen many owners complaining about this issue. That is because when someone buys an SUV, he knows what he is driving & drives it accordingly. Some people compare the handling to sedans & Innova and then crib that it has got huge body roll.

Even the Fortuner rolls a lot, but I have not heard many people raising a voice against it.

After I drive my Punto, I feel my Innova is not at all stable & rolls a lot. But then do I go out and crib that Innova is a bad handler? No.

The body roll issue is exaggerated a lot by many people. Surprisingly, I have not seen many owners complaining about this issue. That is because when someone buys an SUV, he knows what he is driving & drives it accordingly. Some people compare the handling to sedans & Innova and then crib that it has got huge body roll.

Even the Fortuner rolls a lot, but I have not heard many people raising a voice against it.

After I drive my Punto, I feel my Innova is not at all stable & rolls a lot. But then do I go out and crib that Innova is a bad handler? No.
+1000 Raj bhai

People don't understand this that it is a SUV and you can not compare the body roll of a SUV from a sedan or a hatch.

Top Bottom