Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk 1st Paid Service

Thread Starter #1
Heads up folks.

Gave my Scorpio for it's first paid service yesterday at Koncept, Okhla Ph-2, new Delhi. It was bought in October 2010. The odo read 14788 when it was handed over to the experts, and I got it back at 14790 which I later noticed, assuming they must have taken a test drive in it, hopefully a test drive only!

Beast is growling smoothly now, gear shift is better. I have a major grouse regarding the middle row seats of my Scorpio. It's placed in a very upright position hence making uncomfortable for long journeys. So much so that my friends insist on not taking the Scorpio out for long journeys but instead my friend's Outlander. Anyways, I'm still in love with my machine. So, I enquired about replacing the middle row seats at the workshop, and the executive informed they have an option for replacing the bench with two captain seats, adjustable on rails, and foldable as well, but costing Rs. 12,000/- each. Have skipped my plans of changing the seats since then as its driven with single occupant in it only, and seldom has more than two people.

The damage on my wallet at the workshop goes as follows:

1. Cap Reservoir Rs. 42.67
2. Foam Air Cleaner Rs. 449.78
3. Oil Filter: Rs. 143.16
4. W/S Glass Wash Fluid: Rs. 112.00
5. Cromaximile: Rs. 207.50
6. Cromaximile: Rs. 1337.50
7. Car Lubricant: Rs. 400.00
8. Engine Care: Rs. 661.00

9. Paid Service: Rs. 2000.00
10. Rubbing and Polish: Rs. 850.00

11. Discount: Rs. 285.00
12. Service Tax @ 10.3%: Rs. 264.19
13. VAT @ 12.5%: Rs. 226.06
14. VAT @ 20%: Rs. 309.00

TOTAL: Rs. 6718.00

And, I had been told that the Scorpio gulps down 7 Litres of engine oil, is that true? Also, is the bill justified for 4th service (1st paid service)? Your opinions would be appreciated.

Re: Mahindra Scorpio mHawk 1st paid service

^^^ The amount seems fine.

Also, I guess the rear bench seat is reclinable unless yours is a 7 seater Scorpio.

Thread Starter #3

^^^ The amount seems fine.

Also, I guess the rear bench seat is reclinable unless yours is a 7 seater Scorpio.
Had already expected that the first comment would be from you or Mukesh. You guessed it right, its a 7 seater without 60:40 split arrangement, hence just one position and no scope of adjustment. If I correctly recall, your Scorpio was a 7 seater without 60:40 split arrangement too, right?

Last edited:

Heads up folks.

Gave my Scorpio for it's first paid service yesterday at Koncept, Okhla Ph-2, new Delhi. It was bought in October 2010. The odo read 14788 when it was handed over to the experts, and I got it back at 14790 which I later noticed, assuming they must have taken a test drive in it, hopefully a test drive only!

Beast is growling smoothly now, gear shift is better. I have a major grouse regarding the middle row seats of my Scorpio. It's placed in a very upright position hence making uncomfortable for long journeys. So much so that my friends insist on not taking the Scorpio out for long journeys but instead my friend's Outlander. Anyways, I'm still in love with my machine. So, I enquired about replacing the middle row seats at the workshop, and the executive informed they have an option for replacing the bench with two captain seats, adjustable on rails, and foldable as well, but costing Rs. 12,000/- each. Have skipped my plans of changing the seats since then as its driven with single occupant in it only, and seldom has more than two people.

The damage on my wallet at the workshop goes as follows:

1. Cap Reservoir Rs. 42.67
2. Foam Air Cleaner Rs. 449.78
3. Oil Filter: Rs. 143.16
4. W/S Glass Wash Fluid: Rs. 112.00
5. Cromaximile: Rs. 207.50
6. Cromaximile: Rs. 1337.50
7. Car Lubricant: Rs. 400.00
8. Engine Care: Rs. 661.00

9. Paid Service: Rs. 2000.00
10. Rubbing and Polish: Rs. 850.00

11. Discount: Rs. 285.00
12. Service Tax @ 10.3%: Rs. 264.19
13. VAT @ 12.5%: Rs. 226.06
14. VAT @ 20%: Rs. 309.00

TOTAL: Rs. 6718.00

And, I had been told that the Scorpio gulps down 7 Litres of engine oil, is that true? Also, is the bill justified for 4th service (1st paid service)? Your opinions would be appreciated.

i also own a scorpio,not the mhawk

IMO,they have taken labour charges more,which are 1200 on the Sri Durga Automobiles,Rama Road,Delhi

also try to skip rubbing & polishing from showroom as the same job can be carried out in 300-400 bucks outside

rest is ok

Thread Starter #6

i also own a scorpio,not the mhawk

IMO,they have taken labour charges more,which are 1200 on the Sri Durga Automobiles,Rama Road,Delhi

also try to skip rubbing & polishing from showroom as the same job can be carried out in 300-400 bucks outside

rest is ok
Thanks for the suggestion Pankaj. Sri Durga is a good option since the owner is my BIL's friend, but its far from where I live. Koncept on the other hand is just 2 minutes away from my office, hence comfortable. I'l still keep it mind when the next service is due.

Hi there 2teja.

When had you left your vehicle for service.

Because there was a M&M camp going on till 22 Feb.

From what i can see is your dealer might have added OCA brake adjust and consumables in the 2000 Rs.

Here Maximile Crown is made by Valvoline.

The price what you are paying is very much less than what i am paying.

Have a look on my Hawk's bill serviced recently.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...silver-40-000-kms-counting-37.html#post139034

And there is no need of Engine Moto care, as its just a method of fleecing.

I have stopped getting it done, and instead ask them to clean the engine bay properly.

I am wondering why the airfilter needed to be cleaned.

Rubbing and polishing is quick way to make some bucks, does your car have some scratches.

Because i have never gone for such things.

I am shocked to see Vat is 20%, here in bangalore its 14%..

As in my case Foam air cleaner was used during 40,000 kms service.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Hi there 2teja.

When had you left your vehicle for service.

Because there was a M&M camp going on till 22 Feb.

From what i can see is your dealer might have added OCA brake adjust and consumables in the 2000 Rs.

Here Maximile Crown is made by Valvoline.

The price what you are paying is very much less than what i am paying.

Have a look on my Hawk's bill serviced recently.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...silver-40-000-kms-counting-37.html#post139034

And there is no need of Engine Moto care, as its just a method of fleecing.

I have stopped getting it done, and instead ask them to clean the engine bay properly.

I am wondering why the airfilter needed to be cleaned.

Rubbing and polishing is quick way to make some bucks, does your car have some scratches.

Because i have never gone for such things.

I am shocked to see Vat is 20%, here in bangalore its 14%..

As in my case Foam air cleaner was used during 40,000 kms service.

Hi Mukesh,

Had given it for servicing on 24th February. I wasn't aware of any such camp going on in Delhi region. The air filter wasn't cleaned, instead replaced with a new one.

I earlier refused for rubbing and polishing, but then went ahead. The paint shines and the sheet metal has become smooth to touch, however won't get it done soon. And the outer body has only negligible scratches.

Engine bay had been cleaned properly. What exactly is included in Engine MotoCare?

The SA was insistent that I go for Silencer coating. What they do is coat it with a silver colored compound, not really a paint, and that prevents it from rusting. Had already got it done in the second service and is EXPENSIVE at Rs. 900 plus tax.

Also, lubrication part includes lubricating door hinges, battery terminals. Is it really required? Got it done this time though.

VAT in Delhi is 12.5% on almost everything. On a few things, VAT is 4% and 5% as well. I have seen VAT at 20% only at this Mahindra Workshop. Will check with other fellows.

Hi Mukesh,

Engine bay had been cleaned properly. What exactly is included in Engine MotoCare?
They spray a chemical from Wurth, which forms an oily layer and makes it look new.
But that remains only for a while say for 1 month, after that it becomes normal.

The SA was insistent that I go for Silencer coating. What they do is coat it with a silver colored compound, not really a paint, and that prevents it from rusting. Had already got it done in the second service and is EXPENSIVE at Rs. 900 plus tax.
These are just rubbish, SA's get some percentage when they levy such things on customers.
Why would a silencer get rusted in 2 years, i haven't gone for coating till now.
Also, lubrication part includes lubricating door hinges, battery terminals. Is it really required? Got it done this time though.
Its consumables here, they charge 350 here in Bangalore, but this time they have stopped adding consumables to my Hawk.

Glass wash fluid is available outside for 70 Rs, its a product from 3M/Sonax.
See how they are fleecing customers, those are never recommended by Mahindra.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
They spray a chemical from Wurth, which forms an oily layer and makes it look new.
But that remains only for a while say for 1 month, after that it becomes normal.

These are just rubbish, SA's get some percentage when they levy such things on customers.
Why would a silencer get rusted in 2 years, i haven't gone for coating till now.

Its consumables here, they charge 350 here in Bangalore, but this time they have stopped adding consumables to my Hawk.

Glass wash fluid is available outside for 70 Rs, its a product from 3M/Sonax.
See how they are fleecing customers, those are never recommended by Mahindra.
Will keep in mind of not getting Engine MotoCare done on my Scorpio, and to add windshield fluid myself in the container. Thieves is what comes to my mind. Total unethical way of doing business.

Regarding the silencer part, exactly the same thoughts came to my mind. Thanks for your inputs Mukesh.

Top Bottom