Mahindra Scorpio 2015 Review & Pictures: Scorpio Sting

bhvm

Honoured Member
I also heard they are moving XUV powertrain to Scorpio.
140HP, 6 Speed auto.

XUV will be upgraded to 170 HP with DSG probably.

I also heard they are moving XUV powertrain to Scorpio.
140HP, 6 Speed auto.

XUV will be upgraded to 170 HP with DSG probably.
Yes me too seen same NEWS of Facelift SCORPIO is coming with upgraded powertrain maybe engine from XUV5OO (140Bhp) & XUV5OO will be upgraded to 175-180 bhp.

Maybe its because of TUV5OO is coming with 2.2Ltr mHAWK engine from SCORPIO so mahindra don't want both vehicles to have same Bhp figures. I am in curiosity to see what engine Mahindra will use in upcoming MPV U321?

And think of New Generation Rexton G4 coming to India with Mahindra badging instead of Ssangyong badging & name might be XUV7OO. What engine Mahindra will put in that vehicle? [confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Nothing is said about MPV U321. Maybe they can use old Scorpio 2.2 120HP parts for it. And retune it for more efficiency. Shall be enough. Anyways, Only difference between Current Scorp and XUV engine is XUV has VGT turbo with far aggressive settings in ECU. Blocks/Piston are the same.

If Mahindra has really heard Enthusiasts, India REALLY needs a 210~220 BHP engine with twin turbos. Infact, When XUV was just known as W201 Codename, I heard rumors that engine would be something like 210 HP with twin turbo and Toruqe of over 550 NM!

BTW on a sidetrack, It would be interesting what changes they did under the hood, and folks like me will line up at Petes to convert their 140HP XUV to 180 HP! LOL! I have heard current XUV can be easily tuned to 170HP with just a remap, while a larger turbo will give 200 HP! That will show a candle to ML350.

Nothing is said about MPV U321. Maybe they can use old Scorpio 2.2 120HP parts for it. And retune it for more efficiency. Shall be enough. Anyways, Only difference between Current Scorp and XUV engine is XUV has VGT turbo with far aggressive settings in ECU. Blocks/Piston are the same.

If Mahindra has really heard Enthusiasts, India REALLY needs a 210~220 BHP engine with twin turbos. Infact, When XUV was just known as W201 Codename, I heard rumors that engine would be something like 210 HP with twin turbo and Toruqe of over 550 NM!

BTW on a sidetrack, It would be interesting what changes they did under the hood, and folks like me will line up at Petes to convert their 140HP XUV to 180 HP! LOL! I have heard current XUV can be easily tuned to 170HP with just a remap, while a larger turbo will give 200 HP! That will show a candle to ML350.
I am not so knowledgeable person in this Torque & Bhp segment. But one thing comes in my mind that if current generation XUV5OO with 140bhp already too much powerful, I can't think of what will be 170bhp powered XUV5OO's power delivery. [surprise]

But worst thing which I think is 170bhp engine will hit mileage very badly.[frustration]

bhvm

Honoured Member
with idiots on the road even 100 HP is more to control.
BTW about the fe. all 2.5 tonne SUVs are in the range of 9-11 kmpl. (fortuner, Safari, endy )
xuv is slightly more efficient at 13 Kmpl. I don't mind a slight drop in fe for added Power. one of the best things to do would be to add driving modes like in hexa.

eco, comfort and sport mode settings with 120, 140 and 170 HP resp.

with idiots on the road even 100 HP is more to control.
BTW about the fe. all 2.5 tonne SUVs are in the range of 9-11 kmpl. (fortuner, Safari, endy )
xuv is slightly more efficient at 13 Kmpl. I don't mind a slight drop in fe for added Power. one of the best things to do would be to add driving modes like in hexa.

eco, comfort and sport mode settings with 120, 140 and 170 HP resp.
:offtopic: Yes there are idiots everywhere running with their vehicle on the road [frustration]. Month back my family met with an accident because of one mindless Rick driver, Thank god they are safe but our swift damaged badly due to that accident. [anger]

Coming to the Topic, 13Kmpl average is the USP for XUV5OO, and yes many people won't mind 1-2kmpl less mileage than current one but India is a country who first ask "Kitana deti hai?" while buying a vehicle so less average definitely gonna hit XUV5OO's good sales record.

But Mahindra can add that Eco, Comfort & Sport mode setting to tackle with this mileage issue. Lets see what will be offering from Mahindra with upcoming Facelift XUV5OO.

Mahindra SCORPIO got good sales of 6260 in last month compared to 4386 of Aug 17.

Kudos to Mahindra SCORPIO. Another update is coming soon with more features so we can see more growth in SCORPIO's sales. [clap]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Mahindra Scorpio S3 with ABS: Walk around video review of most affordable Scorpio [Video]

scorpio.jpg

The Mahindra Scorpio is one of the most popular and best-selling SUVs in the Indian market. Launched way back in 2002 for the first time, it has maintained its market lead ever since and has been a strong seller due to its tough ladder on frame construction, powerful engine options and value for money factor. It is equally popular in semi-urban and rural regions as it is in urban areas, which is a feat not many vehicles can achieve. The video below by Motervalue showcases the S3 variant of the latest 2019 model of the Scorpio, which is the most affordable variant of the Scorpio you can buy.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Specifications Revealed; Loses AT And 4WD Variants

Mahindra & Mahindra has revealed the technical specifications of the BS6 compliant Scorpio SUV. The automaker is yet to reveal prices though but we do expect the same to be announced in a few weeks post the end of the lockdown. The Mahindra Scorpio is one of the most popular nameplates for the manufacturer. There aren't major cosmetic upgrades on the BS6 version but the engine has been tweaked to meet the new emission regulations.

The BS6 Mahindra Scorpio continues to draw power from the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that produces 138 bhp and 320 Nm of peak torque. The oil burner is paired with a 5-speed gearbox on the base version and a 6-speed manual on the mid and top trims. The Scorpio was previously offered with a 6-speed torque converter.

Source: carandbike.com

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Bookings Officially Open Online

The Indian SUV manufacturer, Mahindra & Mahindra has officially commenced the online bookings for the 2020 Mahindra Scorpio BS6 with a token amount of ₹ 5,000. Apart from the Scorpio BS6, the UV maker is also accepting online bookings for the BS6 versions of the Mahindra XUV500, Bolero, KUV100 NXT, XUV300 and its flagship SUV - Alturas G4. Moreover, the company has also updated the website with details about the BS6 complaint Scorpio. But the official prices for the BS6 Scorpio are yet to be announced. The updated version of the Scorpio is available in four variants - S5, S7, S9 and S11.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 11.98 Lakh

Mahindra & Mahindra has silently launched the BS6 Mahindra Scorpio SUV in India at a starting price of ₹ 11.98 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). The company recently initiated the online bookings for the 2020 Mahindra Scorpio at a token amount of ₹ 5,000. Interested customers can book the SUV by simply visiting the official website. The Scorpio comes in four variants - S5, S7, S9 & S11. The Indian SUV manufacturer has also launched the BS6 version of its flagship SUV - Alturas G4 in India.

Mechanically, the BS6 Mahindra Scorpio now comes with a BS6 compliant 2.2-litre mHawk, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. The oil burner is tuned to produce a maximum power of 140 bhp at 3,750 rpm with a peak torque of 320 Nm in between 1500-2800 rpm. The engine is mated to a new 6-speed manual transmission.

Here are the variant-wise prices of the new Mahindra Scorpio:

FireShot Capture 056 - 2020 Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs. 11.9_ ...png

Nairrk

Honoured Member
BS6 Mahindra Scorpio price, variants explained

20200506061525_Mahindra-Scorpio-2.jpg

The upgraded, BS6-compliant version of the Mahindra Scorpio was launched just over a week back, with prices starting at Rs 12.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base model. With this upgrade, Mahindra re-jigged the line-up, and now only offers the Scorpio in four trims – S5, S7, S9 and S11.

The previous base-spec (S3) models’ 2.5-litre diesel engine has been dropped from the line-up, as has the less powerful 120hp version of the 2.2-litre engine. Mahindra has also given the all-wheel-drive (AWD) layout, which was earlier available with the S11 trim, a miss this time around.

A list of all the features available with each variant of the Scorpio, below:

Mahindra Scorpio S5 [Rs 12.40 lakh]

• Dual front airbags
  • ABS
  • Collapsible steering column
  • Side intrusion beams
  • Speed sensing door locks
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Central locking
  • Tilt-adjust steering
  • Micro-Hybrid technology
  • 17-inch steel wheels with wheel caps
  • Black grille inserts
  • Body-coloured bumpers and side cladding
  • Fabric upholstery
  • Seat configurations: 7-seat with a side-facing last row and 9-seat with a side-facing last row
  • Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
  • Power outlets in the first and second rows
Mahindra Scorpio S7 [Rs 14.21 lakh]

• Remote central locking
  • Puddle lamps
  • Anti-theft alarm
  • Rear washer, wiper, and defogger
  • Projector headlamps
  • Follow-me-home headlamps
  • Body coloured ORVMs and door handles
  • Silver-finished grille inserts
  • Silver skid plate
  • Ski racks
  • Rear spoiler
  • Electric adjust for wing mirrors
  • Chrome-finished AC vents
  • 2-DIN audio system with CD, USB and AUX-in
  • Voice assistant (for in-car information)
  • Tweeters and speakers
  • Height-adjustable driver’s seat
  • Front-centre arm rest
  • Seat configurations: 7-seat with side-facing last row, 8-seat with front-facing last row
Read:

350Z

Core Team
Quick update: Mahindra is now offering Apple Car Play & Android Auto in top-end variants (S9 & S11) of Scorpio. Prices remain unaffected.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom