Mahindra Scorpio 2015 Review & Pictures: Scorpio Sting

Superb job Vipul, this is as detailed as "detailed" can get! I personally also apologise for the delay in publishing this review - just pure bad timing juggling between personal and professional priorities.

Last edited:
Excellent write up, It will clearly help the buyers with what to expect from the new scorpio and what not to expect. Kudos to the team. Keep it up guys

Super review, don't understand, why there is still mid row space crunch in this hulk.
Person like me 6.3" is not able to sit comfortably in middle row.
Mahindra should have done something to create a mid row space.

Guys, Exceptional review ! I fell in love all over again with my S10 post reading this ! In fact decided to drive down to Mumbai from Surat this evening instead of taking train.
Yes the 5th gear should have been taller. I notice that noise once you push it post 100.
Great Job !

An extremely comprehensive and detailed review. Extremely well done Vipul and IronRock! I already knew that the review would be awesome when I talked to you on the phone when you were en route to Bangalore. Great job.

1) First Pic is what i saw on road & also on FB.
New Generation Scorpio come with Applique on back side but from few days new Scorpio are coming with Black color Applique instead of silver color.
heard from some people that silver color fades after some time (it's just 6-7 months) so mahindra took decision to paint it black.[surprise]
P.S don't go for No plate as it is edited by me & that Licence number does not exist

2) a normal comparison for Old vs New.
Mahindra using same Fog lamp assembly for new Generation Scorpio with some black color on side. Nice idea to turn down the cost of making.
[clap]

Attachments

Last edited:
Saw this on Team BHP. I don't know whether it is true or not but rumour has it that M&M stopped the black cladding at the back. Instead, they now provide with the body coloured cladding.
I am not sure today I saw a Scorpio delivered from Silver Jublee Motors Pune with a black cladding

Super review, don't understand, why there is still mid row space crunch in this hulk.
Person like me 6.3" is not able to sit comfortably in middle row.
Mahindra should have done something to create a mid row space.
Actually Mahindra have done the best given the wheelbase. The seat depth is improved and equal to Storme - its however the seat base height from floor that is slightly lower than Storme. Since you are 6.3 this "problem" is further noticeable.

I am not sure today I saw a Scorpio delivered from Silver Jublee Motors Pune with a black cladding
I don't know. But if it is true, i think it will take a while for new the Scorpios to hit all stores as the production of this type started just a few weeks back.

Well, raj_5004 says that he confirmed from the dealer here. So it is true. [:)]
Must be an older stock. Dealerships have confirmed that newer Scorpios come with body coloured applique on the rear hatch/door.
To tell you guys the truth, i now somewhat like the black applique since w/o it, it is huge chunk of white. What do you guys think?

I don't know. But if it is true, i think it will take a while for new the Scorpios to hit all stores as the production of this type started just a few weeks back.

Well, raj_5004 says that he confirmed from the dealer here. So it is true. [:)]
Some members from some other forums have called up the dealerships and reported this.

I live in Dubai, cannot make an International call just for this! [;)]

To tell you guys the truth, i now somewhat like the black applique since w/o it, it is huge chunk of white. What do you guys think?
Same here, I actually liked the black applique.

Last edited:
Some members from some other forums have called up the dealerships and reported this.

I live in Dubai, cannot make an International call just for this! [;)]
Haha. Yeah I know that you live in Dubai. I just thought maybe at this time, you are in India and you have confirmed it.[:D]
Same here, I actually liked the black applique.
Yes. Well maybe they give an option for whether you want black/body coloured applique. Way to be optimistic. [;)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
All Scorpio Owners!

Mahindra has introduced "Blue Sense" App for the new Mahindra Scorpio which shall help the user/owner to get the Vehicle Info on their mobiles. Earlier this app was available only for the XUV500.

0cb2ae50194952c9499df78b2ed547ff_555X416_1.jpg

Homegown SUV manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra today introduced the first ever vehicle smart app BLUE SENSE for iOS users for its entire SUV line-up in the international market and for XUV500 in India. Additionally, Mahindra has also launched the App across Windows and Android platforms for the company’s New Generation Scorpio, which was launched last year. Inspired by the response received from XUV500 customers for the App with over 24,000 downloads, Mahindra has developed the BLUE SENSE App for Apple devices. All existing XUV500 customers can download this app from the APPLE App Store.
Source

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom