Mahindra Scoprio VLX 2012 2WD with Airbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I'm planning to buy this car later this month in Mangalore. Would appreciate if the owners of Scorpio could share their experience.[:)]

Well,I am not a scorpion though(but I am an ex-Scorpion),still here is my word:-
1):Scorpio is simply the best thing(SUV) you can get out of your money at the price.
2):Aggressive looks and great and responsive engine mated to a fantastic gearbox gives it great power/torque delivery.
3):FE is great.
4):Low maintenance.
5):Great all round visibility and hence ease of driving,especially at low and mid range.

Now some minor negatives:-
1):Ride/Comfort could have been better.
2):Handling needs revision(its not bad,but then its not 'that' good too).

Still kudos to you buddy that you chose to spend some more cash and get the airbags equipped version for you.
Go and get the car with closed eyes...

Hi Pradeep welcome to TAI.
Good to know that you have chosen Scorpio,and a good move by M&M now Scorpio is equipped with airbags, which was not there when I was ready to go for one with airbags.

Here is my ownership report: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ist-silver-40-000-kms-counting.html#post24048

What is the On-road price of Hawk in Mangalore, just checkout what are the freebies thrown in.

Good to have other Mangloorean on board.

Has M&M offered some new style alloys on the Scorpy?I have came across 2-3 cars with alloys like ones on Safari VX(like them,not those alloys).
Similarly,has Bolero also got alloys like the old ones of Scorpy?

Has M&M offered some new style alloys on the Scorpy?I have came across 2-3 cars with alloys like ones on Safari VX(like them,not those alloys).
Similarly,has Bolero also got alloys like the old ones of Scorpy?
Yes they have changed the design of alloys.

I have started liking those new design.

The new Scorpio with extended base is on cards by 2014, i am keen on that, hoping to decommission my hawk by then.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Mukesh. It will cost around 13.47Lakhs on road. Have asked for a quotation with all details. Will keep you posted

I am an ex Scorpio owner. Have always loved the Scorpio for its mHawk engine.

If the car is going to be driven by you, then close your eyes and go for it.

Thanks Mukesh. It will cost around 13.47Lakhs on road. Have asked for a quotation with all details. Will keep you posted
With your kind of budget i would rather wait for the storme to come and check its early reviews , parallelly keep an eye on XUV(W6) opening its bookings.

But if you cant wait at all, then your options are pretty limited!

+100 to Iron Rock.
I too wanted to give this advise but limited my words seeing Pradeep has decided the Scorpy.
In case if it is possible then Storme really deserves to be waited and looked at atleast once.Safari has a luxury quotient which is still far above Scorpy and new Storme is expected to come up with many more bells and whistles.
OT:
@Mitulpomal:
Your signature is 100% true..I like it..

Thread Starter #13
Sorry guys. Got stuck with some project work hence didn't get enough time to update.

The scorpio was delivered at my home on 1st of June on my Son's Birthday [clap]. Karnataka Agencies, Mahindra dealers in Managlore deserve all the praise. The customer service is simply superb!!! I'm still abroad and can't wait till I jump behind the wheels of the mighty scorpio. My Dad and Brother(who owns a Toyota Fortuner) have driven the scorpio and are full of praise. Will be travelling to India during first week of July and will write about my experience. I'm sure the Scorpio will not dissapoint me .

Sorry guys. Got stuck with some project work hence didn't get enough time to update.

The scorpio was delivered at my home on 1st of June on my Son's Birthday [clap]. Karnataka Agencies, Mahindra dealers in Managlore deserve all the praise. The customer service is simply superb!!! I'm still abroad and can't wait till I jump behind the wheels of the mighty scorpio. My Dad and Brother(who owns a Toyota Fortuner) have driven the scorpio and are full of praise. Will be travelling to India during first week of July and will write about my experience. I'm sure the Scorpio will not dissapoint me .
Congrat's brother, you have made the right decision scorpio is still the best SUV to own.

Congratulations on acquiring the beast. And what a timing for the delivery of the vehicle. And keep that excitement for few more days buddy and then you will be behind the wheels[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom