Mahindra Quanto Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Re: Mahindra Quanto Road Test Drive Review

@Sam

My TD is not comprehensive like IR, so I do not have a clue on that CD figure[:)], better IR comment on the same

Er, so gentlemanly of you to have admitted this but what has the comprehensiveness of a TD got to do with knowing the Cd figure?

@Iron Rock, rescue me.

@Sam my meaning was I never gave a thought on that and my TD was for a short while

@SB, it is drag coefficient

@Gurrala74: Hey, c'mon, that was just on the lighter side.
Does the plastic quality feel inferior to that on the Xylo or is it because of the colour of the plastics that they look so dull and cheap? Does the rear mounted spare pose any problem in reversing the vehicle?

@Iron Rock: Sir, where are you? Your coefficient of drag seems to be greater than the Quanto's....[;)]

@Sam, Yes the plastic quality is not like Xylo which has excellent finish inside. No the rear mounted spare will is not an issue for me as lot of the space is left on the rear to watch and better than Ritz rear glass view.

Also I am not habituated with rear sensor or camera anytime and I just do the reverse with the rear view mirror and side mirrors most of the time

@Gurrala74: Even I feel the same sabout plastic quality. Could you please elaborate as to why you think the plastic quallity is not comparable to the Xylo - texture, thickness, tactility, finishing, or something else. Since both Xylo and Quanto have similar interiors, I cannot understand why M&M would want to go for two different centre consoles (quality wise) and other plastic paraphernalia. It just doesn't make economic sense. Hence my apprehension whether plastic quality is indeed inferior than the Xylo or is just looks inferior because of that horrible shade of grey.

Thanks for your inputs and prompt replies. Its good to know that we can rely on your experience.

Thread Starter #68

@Iron Rock: Sir, where are you? Your coefficient of drag seems to be greater than the Quanto's....[;)]
The only CD relevant to the Quanto is the compact disc player sir, which is standard in the C6 and C8 variants [;)] - it does help to mitigate the wind noise caused due to to the other cd - just keep the volume up.[roll]

The only CD relevant to the Quanto is the compact disc player sir, which is standard in the C6 and C8 variants [;)] - it does help to mitigate the wind noise caused due to to the other cd - just keep the volume up.[roll]

That's exactly what I was asking about. Compact Disc player. Best way to keep the wind noise away, damn the slipperiness of the body. "Wind Tunnel? Er, sorry sir, we don't have a wind tunnel but we do have a Bass Tube......"
[clap]

Dealership spins off a special edition Mahindra Quanto

The Mahindra Quanto is one of the early arrivals to the Indian compact SUV scene. The so called compact SUV, which is basically a chopped version of the Xylo, started off strongly.

However, the car’s sales performance is witnessing a gradual drop in the recent months and that is something for Mahindra to worry about, especially since the segment is growing and new rivals coming in. In order to add some momentum to the sales, there seems to be a few dealer level additions to the car.

We stumbled upon a special edition that was nothing but a dealership customization. As you can see, the Quanto gets some accessories to make it look sporty. The accessorized car is based on the C4 mid-level variant.

The dual tone alloy wheels with red accent catches the eyes instantly. The red theme is continued in rubber strip on the doors. The door handles and the wing mirrors are finished in chrome.

The rear parking sensor is included in the package and there is also a red spoiler at the rear which completes the exterior additions.

On the inside, you can find the Quanto branded illuminated door sills and a display mounted on the right corner of the dashboard for GPS navigation system. Leather upholstery in another feature available in the special edition.

The car is powered by a 1.5 litre three cylinder diesel engine which develops 100 bhp. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The Mahindra Quanto has been witnessing a downward trend with 2,099, 1,857 and 1,338 units sold in the months of February, March and April respectively. The descending order has forced the showrooms to take such special edition initiatives.

To make the life tougher for the Quanto, the Ford EcoSport, another sub-4 metre SUV is arriving next month.

Please correct me if i am wrong, are you talking of any difference between the analog speedometer and the digital speed display on the DDAS ?
yes buddy . The readings varries in the digital ddas itself . If the AFE shows below 25 means the DTE reading will be reducing from 15 20 kms for the journey of one km . But it show equally when the AFE is above 25+ . Guess none of them have verified this ?

M&M should have changed the design and improved it. I understand it is a mini Xylo, but still it should have looked better. Now it just seems an exact carbon copy - at least that was my first impression when looking at it.
On the plus side, it looks cute and it seems like it will be a hit among middle aged women who would not want to be seen driving a Xylo. The interiors resemble the Toyota Innova (to a small extent) and so, they are simple but comfortable.

AMG

Suspended

Mahindra Quanto AMT to be launched by the end of this year

The 5-speed AMT system on the Mahindra Quanto is jointly developed with Ricardo and with its introduction, the homegrown automaker will hope to improve on the sales numbers of the car, which has been a slow moving product until now. Details aren’t available yet if the Mahindra Quanto AMT will come fitted with regenerative braking tech which featured on the car displayed at the Auto Expo. After launching the new Scorpio and looking at their upcoming line-up of launches, Mahindra looks all set to feature in the top-3 car makers list again.

Source: Motoroids

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Here are the pics of the Mahindra Quanto AMT.

Mahindra-Quanto-AMT-side-spied-1024x768.jpg

Mahindra-Quanto-AMT-interior-spied-768x1024.jpg

Mahindra-Quanto-AMT-rear-spied-1024x768.jpg

The Quanto AMT is likely to continue with its 1.5-liter three-cylinder diesel engine which produces 100 bhp at 3,750 rpm and 240 Nm of torque between 1,600-2,800 rpm. With the 5-speed manual transmission, Mahindra claims an efficiency of 17.21 km/l.
Link

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom