Mahindra Quanto Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page: 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a test drive of Quanto along with members Raja,Superbad,Dharmesh in Mumbai yesterday. I am not posting it in test drives thread as I do not have much to talk about this vehicle.

It is just a bigger hatch to me with good amount of space, but it disappointed me in every department and the biggest pathetic thing is the body roll in rear seats the people sitting there were shouting and falling on us whenever I brake the vehicle.

I see this vehicle as a poor attempt by M&M I think for some budget buyers.

Only positive is the space inside [:)]

4x4 Mahindra Quanto caught testing in Pune.

In case you find this thread not suitable for this section, please feel free to move it to the more relevent one.
Thanks in advance...

Found Mahindra Quanto 4x4 test drive in Pune. Please check the below link for details.

Spied - Mahindra Quanto 4x4 caught testing

Happy to hear this. [clap]

Had a test drive of Quanto along with members Raja,Superbad,Dharmesh in Mumbai yesterday. I am not posting it in test drives thread as I do not have much to talk about this vehicle.

It is just a bigger hatch to me with good amount of space, but it disappointed me in every department and the biggest pathetic thing is the body roll in rear seats the people sitting there were shouting and falling on us whenever I brake the vehicle.

I see this vehicle as a poor attempt by M&M I think for some budget buyers.

Only positive is the space inside [:)]
3K+ units were being sold every month. Indian buyers are more inclined towards price rather than look and features offered.

Some bad news from the Quanto:
https://www.facebook.com/MahindraQuanto?fref=ts

560506_10200114921669310_966118623_n.jpg

The owner's point was the wheel rims broke into pieces! so ridiculous and disappointing from Mahindra[cry] and the worst fact is, the stupid dealer replaced it under insurance policy instead of replacing with the warranty period, this news nudges our decision of going for Quanto, again [frustration]

Source:Facebook Quanto page.

Some bad news from the Quanto:
https://www.facebook.com/MahindraQuanto?fref=ts

View attachment 82630

The owner's point was the wheel rims broke into pieces! so ridiculous and disappointing from Mahindra[cry] and the worst fact is, the stupid dealer replaced it under insurance policy instead of replacing with the warranty period, this news nudges our decision of going for Quanto, again [frustration]

Source:Facebook Quanto page.
This is really surprising to me and first one I have seen some thing like this.

It raise the questions not only on Quanto but on complete M&M product rims which is a serious safety issue according to me. Just image something like this happening in some good speeds[confused]

Re: Mahindra – The Story of “Rise”.

Oh oh, but buddy it serves the purpose very well, it is needed for a family like ours!(to carry our weekend lugguage and call a friend to join in)

Has better engine if not worst, doesn't have much of body roll where some people are so much concerned about it(I don't but the reviews).

I agree the plastics are rude, but its more for asking, it does have the VFM tag too.[:)]
I agree that the car is well priced, but for me - every M&M made till now has had a good engine.

As I read from online review, the Quanto's engine is not very good. Secondly, the body roll was never expected to be great, but some reviews mention even the ride quality is choppy and bouncy.

I agree that the car is well priced, but for me - every M&M made till now has had a good engine.

As I read from online review, the . Secondly, the body roll was never expected to be great, .
Quanto's engine is not very good
This sets some confusin of us buying this car [cry]

but some reviews mention even the ride quality is choppy and bouncy
Yes it is because the vehicle is much taller and shorter in length which makes the ride quality bumpy because the rear seats are set in upright position.

@Vishwas

I agree with Raj here, yes even I felt the same kind of ride quality and body roll while Quanto TD twice and engine was knocking as MnM engines are known for a good low end torque.

But experiences differ and please test drive your self and check

The quanto engine is not bad.
It is silent on idle too.
Just that it lacks the top end power due to its weight.
Logically one cannot use that power even if that top end power is made available.

@Vishwas

I agree with Raj here, yes even I felt the same kind of ride quality and body roll while Quanto TD twice and engine was knocking as

But experiences differ and please test drive your self and check
There is not much of body roll where people are just exaggerating it in other sites, ride quality is bumpy though.

MnM engines are known for a good low end torque.
I think Quanto isn't tweaked to give out the best low-end torque like Scorpy/Bolero/Xylo because my dad struggled when he test-drove the car.

The quanto engine is not bad.
It is silent on idle too.
Just that it lacks the top end power due to its weight.
Logically one cannot use that power even if that top end power is made available.
It is true, being a 3 cyl engine, it doesn't sound like one. I prefer cars to be more of weight because the ride will be good on the bad roads to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom