Mahindra Marazzo: Ownership Review (18,000 Kms)

Thread Starter #1
Its couple of years I joined this forum but I was just readingforums and searching reviews. Now let me share my first thread as an ownership review of my Marazzo M6 after 1.5 years of ownership.

Journey to this car :
Our first car was a Premier Padmini petrol , really loved it ,in fact now we feel missing it .
Later I bought my own car -Indica Xeta -petrol Indica which I believe was the most comfortable one in that price -less than 3.5L. Offered decent mileage ,space and comfortable ride , ignoring niggles.
I used for 8 years and moved on to Swift VDI. I started loving the torque, the turbo of multijet engine and attractive mileage.
I love long drives and usually drive from Bangalore to my hometown which is 600+ kms. There I realized the need of ABS and also started thinking on a heavier car or I would say a stable one on speeding highways. Also started thinking of a bigger car with more luggage space when I replace.
I really liked the Fiat Linea and Skoda Rapid for an upgrade, but sedans low seating position was a problem. Getting in and out are not easy especially for elderly people .

Selection :
Decided that I should buy a small SUV with good suspension-not hard not too soft, that’s sure. Then comes the big question with the number of cars available in the market. But I didn’t pick too many options.

Duster
:
One of the best drives in any road/off-road conditions. My friend owns 85 ps duster and I used to drive it at least once in 4 months. Driven multiple long trips with 2 families and full luggage. Love it.
But I didn’t go for Duster.
It’s a big one but not that big inside. Also not much comfortable with the driver seat’s under-thigh support. Would be better If the seat height from its floor was bit higher.
But main reason: I may not get the feeling of a new car when Iown, no real facelifts from Renault all these years.

EcoSport/Nexon/Brezza:
Many plus but its small like a Swift or Ritz with little more boot space. I need little more bigger one.

Capture:
Much awaited and I found some solution to problems I see with Duster. But vehicle couldn’t capture and I was not sure when are they going to stop production. They could have launched all new duster.

XUV 500
My brother and couple of my colleagues own XUV and I got some good driving experience.
I felt the suspension is tuned for full load else we feel wobbling.
And I don’t really need one more XUV home.

Marazzo :
It’s a fresh design from Mahindra. This is not an SUV but the high seating position is a plus point.
I went for couple of test drives with family , we all liked it and found many + points which I’m interested in.
So we went with the M6 7 seater variant.

Its 1.5 yrs now and covered 18 K kms including city & highway and I’m happy about my decision.
Let me share some Pros and Cons with the ownership. There are hundreds of reviews available so I’m not adding all such points here.
High seating position.
Basic safety features dual Airbags , ABS and disc brakes.
Strong build quality.
Fuel efficient, 17+ on highways and 10+ in city traffic.
Spacious front and middle rows with luxurious captain seats.
Decently spacious 3rd row.
Efficient AC even in 2nd and 3rd rows.
Captain seats Armrests.
Driver seat high adjustment.

Dislikes:

The huge dash area getting warmer if parked in sun or long day drives on highways.
Steering adjustment lever popping out from steering column cover, a common behavior M&M comments.
No rear camera in models < M8 and they wont fix the same part as of M8 in other variants, the one above the number plate. Instead its fixed on the back bumper and what we see is bit far from car.
Only 2 air bags.
Battery position is really a trouble, you have to remove a lot of parts if you want to remove/replace the battery, not just the terminals.
No telescopic adjustment of steering.
Expected better middle row reclining adjustment.
Fuel tank lid can be opened by anyone outside if the vehicle is un-locked. No dedicated switch/button .
Found the ground clearance is a problem, especially the front bumper makes it low.

Overall its a good experience and i would recommend.
Additional accessories are the front bumper add-on , side window visor and rear bumper guard. I uses side footsteps but removed it after multiple hits on the humps and bad roads.

Standing next big brother:
M1.jpg

M2.jpg

M3.jpg

M4.jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
Congrats on the Purchase! The shark is a very sensible and Fuss free People's car!
Wish you many happy miles
Battery position is really a trouble, you have to remove a lot of parts if you want to remove/replace the battery, not just the terminals.
This has sadly become common problem, Esp with M&M.
The extremely cramped bay even in XUV means you have to remove a lot of stuff to do simple things like change Headlight bulbs which is a 2 min job in my Safari.

Thread Starter #3
Congrats on the Purchase! The shark is a very sensible and Fuss free People's car!
Wish you many happy miles

This has sadly become common problem, Esp with M&M.
The extremely cramped bay even in XUV means you have to remove a lot of stuff to do simple things like change Headlight bulbs which is a 2 min job in my Safari.
[thumbsup]
But I dont think any other M&M has this cramped one , they have packed lot of stuff there and its front-wheel drive !

Hi all, I am currently evaluating a pre owned Marazzo. It has done 15k kms currently and is the M8 variant. My running is decent at 1.5-2k kms per month and soon enough, the odometer will be at a high figure. How would the reliability of the engine be post 50-70k kms? And how is the after sales service of Mahindra in Delhi? The mHawk is reliable I know but this new 1.5 engine is unknown territory for me. I had the media car for some time and have clocked decent kms for long trips but it is a different ball game to live with one forever.

I would like to get some insight on this.

Top Bottom