Mahindra Marazzo: New MUV By Mahindra

Re: Mahindra's New SUV "TUV5OO" Coming in 2017

This will be really game changer for Innova. M sure.

Not sure about it's price but as compare to XUV M&M will keep it very low.

Last edited:
Re: Mahindra's New SUV "TUV5OO" Coming in 2017

IAB Reader spies the Mahindra U321 MPV

Link-
IAB Reader spies the Mahindra U321 MPV (Toyota Innova rival) up close

If this one priced below XUV5OO & at par with SCORPIO it will be a successful product. Very much big threat to Hexa & Innova Crysta.

@Mods- Can we change the subject of this thread to Mahindra's New MPV U321 as TUV5OO is a different product than U321.

Pic source- IAB blog.

Attachments

Last edited:
re: "Mahindra Marazzo, New MUV by Mahindra"

Found rendering of upcoming U321 a New MPV from Mahindra on IndianAutosBlog rendered by SRK Design.

Link-
Rear of the Mahindra U321 (Toyota Innova rival) rendered

In my opinion backside of U321 looks good compared to Innova Crysta. Lets see what Mahindra do to this MPV in terms of design because they are good at doing overdone design on final product.

Attachments

This does not look like the Xylo-i suspect that will continue, as was mentioned earlier
If this is priced close to the old Innova,it will be a winner i think

One of My friends uncle works in Mahindra Nashik plant who saw Mahindra U321 closely. He told that it will launch at 15lacs for Top model. It will give tough competition to Innova & other MPV's. He will forward pics of that MPV soon. Hope will get those pics ASAP so that we can have a look at the U321.

kkn13

Suspended

Looks very imposing
Whats the size of the MPV?
In pictures , its tough to make out but it looks a bit lower and smaller than Hexa and Innova but more than Ertiga
This may be due to the angle in which its shot though

Headlamps look like Tucson and 1st gen Innova fused together(in a good way)

Last edited:

Wish M&M could make a mini van. like the VW combi. Would be a big hit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seems like this thread hasn't been updated for a very long time.
The Mahindra U321 is one among the most awaited UVs in the market now.
Why? Because there are many people in the market looking to upgrade from their Ertiga and are unable to get a better 7 seater option in the 9-13L segment. (Who considers the Renault Lodgy now?) There is huge vacancy in that price range after the Innova was shot up to the 25L segment.
Frankly I am very much interested in this MPV as my beloved Ertiga is also 5 years old now and we are desperately in need of a better riding, more comfy MPV/SUV.
This MPV is being considered as of paramount importance by Mahindra. Since this is being considered to replace the old Innova, it is currently doing rounds along with an Innova itself for company, for comparison and testing.
This MUV is expected to be fully loaded to the gills, (all disc brakes, Push button start, 7 inch touchscreen from the XUV, 7 and 8 seat options, projector headlamps, LEDs, interior mood lighting and possibly even 6 airbags.) while expected to be powered by an all-new 1.6L MHawk engine, producing 130bhp and a 1.5L petrol.
So I am sharing the latest updates/spy shots of the U321 mpv collected by me for research.
I also have attached my re-rendering of the MPV based on the latest spy shots.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dussehra is gone and still no news of launch of this U321. Hope Mahindra is planning to bring it in Diwali.

Dussehra is gone and still no news of launch of this U321. Hope Mahindra is planning to bring it in Diwali.
Hey bro! any news on the U321 from your friend's uncle? This thread is once again back to silence.

Hey bro! any news on the U321 from your friend's uncle? This thread is once again back to silence.
No Sir, no information yet but I will ask my friend to contact his uncle to get information. However I found article from Autocar where they are suggesting that Mahindra is planning to launch this MPV in Q1 of 2018. Adding rendered image from Autocar.

Link-
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/mahindra-mpv-to-launch-in-early-2018-406711

1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20171130015721_Mahindra-U231-render.jpg

Last edited:

-Mahindra U321 MPV Interior Revealed in Latest Spy Image-

Mahindra and Mahindra will unveil the upcoming U321 MPV at the fast-approaching Auto Expo 2018. However, ahead of the official unveiling next month, a new spy video that recently emerged gives us a look at the upcoming MPV’s interior. The Mahindra U321 MPV gets a dual-tone dashboard with chrome trim around the aircon vents, and gearshift lever. The dashboard is flanked by a large touchscreen infotainment system. Other highlights include a centre-armrest for front passengers and automatic climate control. On the outside, the new MPV gets projector headlights, LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels, and a roof-mounted rear spoiler with integrated stop lamp.
Link-
Mahindra U321 MPV Interior Revealed in Latest Spy Image

Mahindra-U321-interior-dashboard-image.jpg

Website-Carblogindia

There has been a good deal of speculation about M&M's new MPV since the initial spy shots were released. This is standard practice prior to launching any new vehicle - engineered leaks in the media, spy shots etc. Builds up public interest & fuels avid speculation too![:D] Like the current speculation about the structural details. Whether it is a traditional body-on-frame unit or - as is now being speculated - that it is a monocoque unit. M&M's first? No it isn't - their first monocoque is the ugly duckling, the KUV100.

But if it turns out to be a monocoque design (even the Innova, its speculated direct rival, is not monocoque by the way) then it will be interesting to see if it will have a RWD or FWD lay-out. If the latter, then sadly, one can conclude that M&M too has gone the bean-counter's way - FWD is the easiest choice and also the poorest, for anything exceeding 14 ft in overall length & 8ft in W.B. At least from the engineer's point of view. For a vehicle with such a large wheel-base (it looks to be in the Innova's league) to have FWD is as bad as the Accord, the Teana, the Camry, the Passat, the Sonata et al. I know I might be stirring a hornet's nest here, with the admirers of the foregoing examples disagreeing with me strongly!

But as I've mentioned elsewhere, I hold equally strong views on the subject of FWD/RWD applications. FWD on anything with a W.B. in excess of 8ft & an over-all length exceeding 14ft is a packaging & cost-saving measure, not good engineering.

On the other hand, if M&M have actually gone in for a monocoque structure & also installed RWD, then they certainly deserve all the kudos coming their way.

There has been a good deal of speculation about M&M's new MPV since the initial spy shots were released. This is standard practice prior to launching any new vehicle - engineered leaks in the media, spy shots etc. Builds up public interest & fuels avid speculation too![:D]
Every Manufacturer does that, right? We already know what new Swift gonna be still people are crazy for the launch of 3rd Generation Swift. Its obious Mahindra is creating hype of U321 before they launch it in next month in Auto Expo 2018.

Like the current speculation about the structural details. Whether it is a traditional body-on-frame unit or - as is now being speculated - that it is a monocoque unit. M&M's first? No it isn't - their first monocoque is the ugly duckling, the KUV100.
How come KUV1OO is first monocoque from Mahindra? What about their actual first in India Monocoque SUV/Crossover XUV5OO?[roll]. Yes, KUV1OO is based on monocoque construction but still its not first from Mahindra.

But if it turns out to be a monocoque design (even the Innova, its speculated direct rival, is not monocoque by the way) then it will be interesting to see if it will have a RWD or FWD lay-out. If the latter, then sadly, one can conclude that M&M too has gone the bean-counter's way - FWD is the easiest choice and also the poorest, for anything exceeding 14 ft in overall length & 8ft in W.B. At least from the engineer's point of view. For a vehicle with such a large wheel-base (it looks to be in the Innova's league) to have FWD is as bad as the Accord, the Teana, the Camry, the Passat, the Sonata et al. I know I might be stirring a hornet's nest here, with the admirers of the foregoing examples disagreeing with me strongly!

But as I've mentioned elsewhere, I hold equally strong views on the subject of FWD/RWD applications. FWD on anything with a W.B. in excess of 8ft & an over-all length exceeding 14ft is a packaging & cost-saving measure, not good engineering.

On the other hand, if M&M have actually gone in for a monocoque structure & also installed RWD, then they certainly deserve all the kudos coming their way.
Innova is undisputed king of the MPV segment. Look at the sales numbers for last two month for XUV5OO, HEXA & INNOVA CRYSTA, it explains why Mahindra & TML need to improve with their products. We know Innova is overpriced product when compared to other two but its Indian market which gives reputation to Innova Crysta even after many issues came out with this Crysta model.

Many rumours are floting around about U321 on internet but we will come to know what its going to be by next month.

Every Manufacturer does that, right? We already know what new Swift gonna be still people are crazy for the launch of 3rd Generation Swift. Its obious Mahindra is creating hype of U321 before they launch it in next month in Auto Expo 2018.
How come KUV1OO is first monocoque from Mahindra? What about their actual first in India Monocoque SUV/Crossover XUV5OO?[roll]. Yes, KUV1OO is based on monocoque construction but still its not first from Mahindra.
Innova is undisputed king of the MPV segment. Look at the sales numbers for last two month for XUV5OO, HEXA & INNOVA CRYSTA, it explains why Mahindra & TML need to improve with their products. We know Innova is overpriced product when compared to other two but its Indian market which gives reputation to Innova Crysta even after many issues came out with this Crysta model.
Many rumours are floting around about U321 on internet but we will come to know what its going to be by next month.
You're absolutely right, NM948 - The XUV500 was definitely the first M&M monocoque (and a great design too!), and not the KUV100! My apologies for this gross error.
The Innova is undoubtedly the current King of the Hill in the MPV sector in India. The thing is that I am a dyed-in-the-wool swadeshi at heart and so must admit to a bias in favour of M&M and TML and their products![:D]

As I've said before, both TML & M&M have come a long way from the days of the Indica and the Armada, respectively. But they still have some way to go before they can match Toyota on a level playing field!

Top Bottom