Mahindra Marazzo: New MUV By Mahindra

@gearhead2 @carscommentor or others, What is cursing speed ? How much torque is needed at cruising speed for Marazoo? Is there useful relation between speed and power ? Thanks in advance.

As regards FE, I know where you are coming........As you can see there is no need for an overgear to avail of the torque.
HTH
Good God, dear commentor, will you please stop repeating the same basic arithmetic over & over again? It really doesn't say anything about the need & application of overdrive.
From the c/shaft to the wheels, the ratio is locked in any particular gear - and depending on the engine & mechanical state of the car, one will find whether the o'drive is usable or not. You are not attending class in a polytechnic class room you know - where the lads will have these basic relationships pouring out of their ears, without understanding the real world conditions.

And just out of curiosity, that compressor map in one of your earlier posts, was it really Marazzo's?
I ask because each time my cursor would pass over the map, the following message would pop up:-
Name:Compressor - Maps - Typical - Not - Marazzo.png

If it was a generic Garrett Airesearch map & not Marazzo's, why did you include it in your post with the word Marazzo in bold letters? And why not quote the turbo catalogue code?
I'd say this is misleading the viewers, to say the least!

Last edited:
Good God, dear commentor, will you please stop repeating the same basic arithmetic over & over again? .... without understanding the real world conditions
I have nothing more to add! There can't be two facts, only differing opinion.[:)]
And just out of curiosity, that compressor map in one of your earlier posts, was it really Marazzo's?
I ask because each time my cursor would pass over the map, the following message would pop up:-
Name:Compressor - Maps - Typical - Not - Marazzo.png
....And why not quote the turbo catalogue code?
The reason your cursor keeps showing the name is because I named the png file as such, so it is absolutely clear that it is a typical compressor map and not Marazzo's!
I have also mentioned in my comment in that page that :
Since the pressure ratio is higher, if you look at the compressor map (in case you can get hold of it somehow. Note: attached compressor map is a typical map, not Marazzo’s) , the efficiency island range will be narrower for Marazzo
All the calculations including Pressure ratio calculations are based on Marazzo engine (Which is shown as a point on map).
You may troll all you want, but don't accuse me of misleading people! [roll]
Also I have exhausted ways of explaining things to you. You may form your own opinion based on your interpretation of maths of engines. I have given all the formula that you require and have explained as best as I could.

Now let me get back to my life, I have one, unlike others[lol]

I have nothing more to add! There can't be two facts, only differing opinion.[:)]
The reason your cursor keeps showing the name is because I named the png file as such, so it is absolutely clear that it is a typical compressor map and not Marazzo's!
I have also mentioned in my comment in that page that :
All the calculations including Pressure ratio calculations are based on Marazzo engine (Which is shown as a point on map).
You may troll all you want, but don't accuse me of misleading people! [roll]
Also I have exhausted ways of explaining things to you. You may form your own opinion based on your interpretation of maths of engines. I have given all the formula that you require and have explained as best as I could.

Now let me get back to my life, I have one, unlike others[lol]
I'm glad you have finally see the writing on the wall! That old adage "you can't fool all the people all the time" is quite apt here. And why have Marazzo in bold capitals if it is a generic map. I'm afraid all your fascinating (to you I mean) calculations would find an honoured place in MAD magazine's back page. My advice would be to cease & desist - from blowing one's off-key trumpet.

@gearhead2 @carscommentor or others, What is cursing speed ? How much torque is needed at cruising speed for Marazoo? Is there useful relation between speed and power ? Thanks in advance.
Hello Thangavel,
I assume you mean cruising speed. For any car, the cruising speed will vary with the gear you are in.
When we are learning how to drive we tend to continue driving in the same gear for longer than necessary, because we have not yet become familiar with the process of changing gears.
At this stage, whichever gear we are in (usually 1st or 2nd) has its own cruising speed. This means the minimum road speed that is in sync with the minimum required torque for that gear. If you reduce the speed further (by lifting the throttle pedal) the engine will start knocking. If you raise the speed by pressing the pedal, the engine starts racing.
It is this happy medium that is the cruising speed. Therefore the cruising speed will obviously keep changing from gear to gear (even for overdrive ratios) and from one car to another. I think this should clear some of your doubts regarding required torque for the Marazzo cruising speed.
The relation between speed and power (I assume you mean engine speed) varies over the performance range of the engine – that is the minimum or idling speed (which produces the minimum power) and the optimum speed which produces the max power for the engine (without changing the state of tune). The actual relationship can be checked from the engine characteristic curves of the particular car.

The following is the typical characteristic curves of a medium speed diesel, as can be seen from the max. engine speed shown - 2400 rpm. As you can see the max torque comes in quite early(1400 ppm) and is a hefty 930 Nm (as befits a truck engine[:D]) and then starts tapering off. While the power output at 1400 rpm is roughly 160 hp and climbs on till 2400 rpm (250 hp).

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm glad you have finally see the writing on the wall! That old adage "you can't fool all the people all the time" is quite apt here. And why have Marazzo in bold capitals if it is a generic map. I'm afraid all your fascinating (to you I mean) calculations would find an honoured place in MAD magazine's back page. My advice would be to cease & desist - from blowing one's off-key trumpet.
Dear Sir,
The answer is right there in my comment that you quoted (or more appropriately quote mined). I actually had to go back and read my comment to see if I had written ‘Marazzo' in bold CAPS. All I find is plot point of calculated Pressure Ratio of Marazzo engine which says
‘ Marazzo
Pressure ratio’
in a color blind friendly color.
I may add that obfuscation, quote mining and Ad hominem attacks do not behoove your status of senior citizen and senior member of this forum. As I don't want to go down this rabbit hole further, I am resisting with all the will power I have.[roll]

The relation between power and rpm for engines without turbo has been mentioned numerous times in this forum
HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252
Torque is in foot pound. (Divide Nm by 1.35582 to get foot pound)
However if you want the relation between Speed of car and Power then the power needed is approximately proportional to cube of speed.
The power required at cruising speed is very low as there is little or no acceleration. At that point the greatest force is the drag force. The approximate calculation for Marazzo at 80 kmph (22.23m/s) would be
Drag Force = 1/2 x density of air x velocity^2 x drag coefficient x Reference area
=1/2 x 1.204x 22.23^2 x 0.36 x 2.64823 = 283.618
The rolling resistance of Marazzo with 1689 Kg weight and assuming 6 people of 70 kg and coefficient of friction of 0.015 = (1689 + 70*6)x0.015= 31.635
Hence the Power required = (283.618 + 31.635)*22.23 = 7008.07 Watt or 9.40 HP. The actual required power will be a little higher .

You may deduce the torque requirement from this at various rpm
You will notice that the Power required is proportional to cube of speed, so as speed increases, the power required increases rapidly.
HTH

@gearhead2
Thank you for detailed explanation of cruising speed.I am very glad that I chose to join this forum as I am able to get reply to pretty much all questions without ridicule.[:)]

@carscommentor
Thank you for your answer. Yes I did want to know relation between speed of car and power. However in the equation you have given, the speed/velocity is shown a velocity^2 so how do you say that Power is proportional to cube of speed? Should it be velocity^3 ?

Sorry :redface: I just noticed that you have multiplied the velocity at the end :
Hence the Power required = (283.618 + 31.635)*22.23 = 7008.07 Watt or 9.40 HP.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Marazzo MPV gains Apple CarPlay: Android Auto already available!

This feature is in addition to Android Auto, which has been available with the top-end Mahindra Marazzo from the outset. Veejay Nakra, Chief of Sales and Marketing – Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said,

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Marazzo prices to increase by up to Rs 40k from 1st Jan 2019

Mahindra revealed today that they will be increasing prices of their Marazzo MPV by up to Rs 40,000. Veejay Ram Nakra, Chief of Sales and Marketing – Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, said “As mentioned at the launch, the price of Marazzo was an introductory one. Effective January 1st 2019, we will be taking a price hike on the Marazzo, after a reasonable period of 4 months from its launch.”

Read:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Made in India Mahindra's Marazzo MPV gets 4 stars Adult Safety Rating but a 2 star rating in child safety at GNCAP with 2 Airbags. Tested at 64 km/h

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Marazzo M8 gets 8 seat top variant – Launch price Rs 14 L

mahindra-marazzo-8-seats-mpv.jpg

There’s now a Mahindra Marazzo 8-seater on top-end M8 variant. Mahindra Marazzo M8 trim features a number of top-of-the-line features. They include a 7-inch touch screen infotainment system with Capsense and Haptics technology, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, Reverse parking camera with dynamic guidelines, 17-inch alloy wheels, Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs), faux leather seats and window-mounted sunshades for second-row passengers.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Watch the Mahindra Marazzo’s Android Auto & Apple CarPlay in action [Video]

The Mahindra Marazzo is the only MPV in India currently that is available in the range of Rs. 10-14 lakhs along with having good amount of space and a decent engine. The Toyota Innova Crysta is placed above it while the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is palced below the Marazzo. The Marazzo is also a pretty feature rich MPV with many first in class features. Recently, Viseton, which is a global automotive electronics supplier released a video which shows the infotainment and instrument cluster of the Marazzo at its full glory.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Marazzo Has Received Over 19,000 Bookings So Far

pfsf46c_mahindra-marazzo-by-dc-design-_625x300_04_September_18.jpg

It's been around five months since the launch of the Mahindra Marazzo MPV and the company has already received over 19,000 bookings for the MPV. The numbers were shared by Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra and Mahindra, on the sidelines of the company's Q3 FY2019 financial result announcement. Mahindra is currently selling an average of 3,500 units of the Marazzo a month and currently commands a waiting period of up to 4 weeks. In fact, the company has retailed over 15,000 units so far.

Read:

Mahindra Marazzo Has Received Over 19,000 Bookings So Far

View attachment 256544

It's been around five months since the launch of the Mahindra Marazzo MPV and the company has already received over 19,000 bookings for the MPV. The numbers were shared by Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra and Mahindra, on the sidelines of the company's Q3 FY2019 financial result announcement. Mahindra is currently selling an average of 3,500 units of the Marazzo a month and currently commands a waiting period of up to 4 weeks. In fact, the company has retailed over 15,000 units so far.

Read:
Finally an MPV to put ballast on overpriced over rated Innova sales.

Top Bottom