Mahindra Marazzo M2: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Just purchased a marazzo m2 on wednesday june 19 2019.

Booking process:
I had a safari 2.2 ex variant with 3.5 lakh kms. Finally the beast called it a day and was due for restoration. I checked with tata service center in chennai and no one gave me a quote. Pissed off and checked with a local mechanic and amount was finalized at 64k. Gave the car to him and the car was back after 20 days.

Car is good as new. No misfiring and leakages. Excellent job and fine skills. Thanked him and was using the car for a month. Just realized car doesn't have Abs and airbag. So we wanted to buy a new car.

Budget; 11l and strecthable upto 14
seater: 5,7
Type: Suv, MPV

Cars selected:

Honda BRV and WRV
Nissan kicks
Renault captur
Tata Hexa and harried base model
Nexon petrol and diesel
Safari LX
Scorpio s4
XUV W3
Marazzo m2 and m4
XUV 300

Left honda and renault nissan due to lackluster engines and the other due to brand image.

Safari LX was considered and was left off due to no safety features

Nexon was the choice for me.( diesel). Had everything and as selected and made it to the final list.
Scorpio: The butch SUV and popular also madethe final cut.
XUV 300: left off due to small boot
Marazzo and XUV 500 made it to the next level.
Hexa and Harrier ( my fav brand) also was selected.

Test drive:

Nexon passed all the test, good engine, ride quality and not so spacious and 5 star safety. The test drive experience was ordinary. Anyway I loved the car.

Harrier Hexa and harried. Base models of Hexa and harrier are selected.

Hexa test drive: everything was in place. Ride quality, engine and features.
Harrrier: A good car, but not so tata like ride quality( giggly ride quality), vague steering and less spacious compared to Hexa. Sad to strike it off the list.

XUV w3 was laucnhed but i did not take test drive as i have driven xuv extensively.

Marazzo:

spacious, car like to drive, good ride quality by mahindra standards. even the base variants are well equipped.

Exchange process:

rang up for tata to exchange safari with hexa and they quoted a value of 85k. I was fuming and walked away without a word.

Mahindra gave me a price of 1.35 and I was pleasantly surprised. But I preferred 1.8. The sales executive immediately connected me with mahindra first choice supervisor and car was settled for 1.75.

Paid a 10k advance for for booking on may 23. Finance options was arranged by mahindra finance. I was offered a interest of 6% for 5 years. paid 4l in advance and rest of them was financed.

OTR: 12,56,000
extended warranty: 16500 for 5 years
I was given accessories like rain visor, body cover, air freshener, mobile charger, floor mats.

Looks: A van like appearance and tells it's a people mover
space: front , two seats are spacious and third row is for kids
Handling: not a car like experience, but not bad as BOF suvs. handling is normal.
Ride quality: not like a tata hexa, but the best mahindra ever.
braking: good for normal usage, safe and feedback rich till 100 and slowing down from above 100 needs some planning. Noise dive is there under hard braking.
Steering: Neutral sterring feel

Did a tank full and have driven 400 kms. Mileage will be updated later.

Attaching a few pics

IMG-20190614-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0011.jpg

Just purchased a marazzo m2 on wednesday june 19 2019.

Booking process:
I had a safari 2.2 ex variant with 3.5 lakh kms. Finally the beast called it a day and was due for restoration. I checked with tata service center in chennai and no one gave me a quote. Pissed off and checked with a local mechanic and amount was finalized at 64k. Gave the car to him and the car was back after 20 days.

Car is good as new. No misfiring and leakages. Excellent job and fine skills. Thanked him and was using the car for a month. Just realized car doesn't have Abs and airbag. So we wanted to buy a new car.

Budget; 11l and strecthable upto 14
seater: 5,7
Type: Suv, MPV

Cars selected:

Honda BRV and WRV
Nissan kicks
Renault captur
Tata Hexa and harried base model
Nexon petrol and diesel
Safari LX
Scorpio s4
XUV W3
Marazzo m2 and m4
XUV 300

Left honda and renault nissan due to lackluster engines and the other due to brand image.

Safari LX was considered and was left off due to no safety features

Nexon was the choice for me.( diesel). Had everything and as selected and made it to the final list.
Scorpio: The butch SUV and popular also madethe final cut.
XUV 300: left off due to small boot
Marazzo and XUV 500 made it to the next level.
Hexa and Harrier ( my fav brand) also was selected.

Test drive:

Nexon passed all the test, good engine, ride quality and not so spacious and 5 star safety. The test drive experience was ordinary. Anyway I loved the car.

Harrier Hexa and harried. Base models of Hexa and harrier are selected.

Hexa test drive: everything was in place. Ride quality, engine and features.
Harrrier: A good car, but not so tata like ride quality( giggly ride quality), vague steering and less spacious compared to Hexa. Sad to strike it off the list.

XUV w3 was laucnhed but i did not take test drive as i have driven xuv extensively.

Marazzo:

spacious, car like to drive, good ride quality by mahindra standards. even the base variants are well equipped.

Exchange process:

rang up for tata to exchange safari with hexa and they quoted a value of 85k. I was fuming and walked away without a word.

Mahindra gave me a price of 1.35 and I was pleasantly surprised. But I preferred 1.8. The sales executive immediately connected me with mahindra first choice supervisor and car was settled for 1.75.

Paid a 10k advance for for booking on may 23. Finance options was arranged by mahindra finance. I was offered a interest of 6% for 5 years. paid 4l in advance and rest of them was financed.

OTR: 12,56,000
extended warranty: 16500 for 5 years
I was given accessories like rain visor, body cover, air freshener, mobile charger, floor mats.

Looks: A van like appearance and tells it's a people mover
space: front , two seats are spacious and third row is for kids
Handling: not a car like experience, but not bad as BOF suvs. handling is normal.
Ride quality: not like a tata hexa, but the best mahindra ever.
braking: good for normal usage, safe and feedback rich till 100 and slowing down from above 100 needs some planning. Noise dive is there under hard braking.
Steering: Neutral sterring feel

Did a tank full and have driven 400 kms. Mileage will be updated later.

Attaching a few pics

View attachment 260863

View attachment 260862

View attachment 260861

View attachment 260864

View attachment 260865

View attachment 260865

View attachment 260866

View attachment 260867
Congrats on the first Marazzo on TAI, enjoy the beauty, you'll need to take care of the light interiors.

Thread Starter #5
Installed first accessories such as number plate blaupunkt san merino and 3m sin film

I had compared 3m garware and v kool

V kool most expensive. But worth the money. I was given a quote of 15k for front and 10700 for the rest

Garware quote was 4k for side and rear and 5400 for front. Garware was left of due to lack of proper heat rejection as I sat in a scorpio with gar ware

3m er 70 fitted at front for 8k and cr 70 for the rest for 6500.
Almost good like vkool reduced head light glare.

Almost blaupunkt san marino and 4 speakers. It has mirror link which doesn't work with one plus and works with redmi. Sound quality is above par and also 1080p videos

The good bad and ugly about the car.

Ride quality is good and gc is not a issue even when fully Loaded and it has the ruggedness of mahindra and abuse friendly

Seat belt alarm gets triggered when the seat is not buckled with no person in co driver seat. No fix as of now. I always have the seat belt buckled.

Ergonomic issue like hard to access front power socket and inaccessible storage on dash top and things in door pockets is difficult to access with doors closed

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Completes my first t2t and the km stands at 600. Fuel gauge is divided into 10 bars. With the reserve at 7l. Did a refill for 38 liters. Milage is 15.7 with combined highway and city driving.

Did a 100km trip with 5 adults and 2 kids. The car is impressive. Act cools the cabin in no time. One can upshift as early as 1750( indicated by gear shift indicator). The acceleration is progressive. If you are an enthusiastic shift at 2400 rpm and car offers good acceleration.

Congrats! Happy Motoring!

Is the price higher now? My OTR for M2 variant came up to around 11.5 lakhs.

For the passenger seat belt issue can be fixed by getting a buckle extender, or you can remove the warning altogether, you'll find the cable right below the seat.

In my Marazzo, when the refuel light comes up the range is around 200kms, it I refuel at this point to the brim I can only fill 35 liters. I find this weird. Do you get like this or I have to get mine checked?
413QImgvo1L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Thread Starter #8
Congrats! Happy Motoring!

Is the price higher now? My OTR for M2 variant came up to around 11.5 lakhs.

For the passenger seat belt issue can be fixed by getting a buckle extender, or you can remove the warning altogether, you'll find the cable right below the seat.

In my Marazzo, when the refuel light comes up the range is around 200kms, it I refuel at this point to the brim I can only fill 35 liters. I find this weird. Do you get like this or I have to get mine checked? View attachment 261436
The otr price increased significantly once the ex show room price changed from 9.99 to 10.21.

I did a tankful and done a refuel of 38l for another tankful. So my guess was 7l for reserve.

Congrats on your new ride, I absolutely love this vehicle and drool over it whenever I see it in flesh. Mahindra has gone to great lengths to ensure It doesn't end up lile a van and look more like a car.
And the variant is also purely value for money considering the amount of car one gets for 12.5 lakhs ( Swift ZDI + touches 10 lakhs ! ).

Also, please share the details of any other accessories that you have added considering that it's a base variant I know you would have been tempted to add many !

Thread Starter #10
Congrats on your new ride, I absolutely love this vehicle and drool over it whenever I see it in flesh. Mahindra has gone to great lengths to ensure It doesn't end up lile a van and look more like a car.
And the variant is also purely value for money considering the amount of car one gets for 12.5 lakhs ( Swift ZDI + touches 10 lakhs ! ).

Also, please share the details of any other accessories that you have added considering that it's a base variant I know you would have been tempted to add many !
So far done 3m sun film audio system. Mahindra is okay with after audio system installation.

Remote lock: one offered by mahindra does not have siren. So juggling with options.

Seat covers alloy wheels footrest...I have to look at aftermarket options as most of the accessories are priced high.

Thread Starter #11
Completed 900 kms. Went for a 100 km drive.

Got a chance to test brakes. Was doing 95km on right lane and there was a truck in left lane.

Suddenly a cow crosses the road and it came to a stand still in right lane. Barely 150 meters and I lowered the gear slammed the brakes. The car stopped inches before the cow.

Brakes could have been better as there is no initial bite and sudden sharp bite.

Thread Starter #14
Thank you guys. Completed 1047 kms and due for first service. Will be doing it later as I am out of station. Completed second tankful( 470) and the Mileage stands at 12.69 for 100%, city driving with ac.

Top Bottom