Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76
I'm on my 3rd one.
The rescuetech is a heavy duty horse.
My earlier Windek (2+ years) & My TVS (10~15 days approx) Blew up. BTW I am a frequent user.
[Do Not Buy] MyTVS TDI-22 Vacuum Cleaner & Tyre Inflator Honest Review

[Honest Review] Windek Digital Tyre Inflator with Autocut

Detailed reviews above.
Thank you. But I was thinking of manual foot pump because I also want to use it for my bike Maestro Edge. Do you have any suggestion for a good manual pump with pressure monitoring?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Gagues on Manual pumps are totally useless. They go up during positive stroke and come down when you ease off. Better to pump up and then measure using different digital gague.
BTW, Electronic pumps work well on Motorcycles, Scooters, even Bicycles!

Thread Starter #78
Gagues on Manual pumps are totally useless. They go up during positive stroke and come down when you ease off. Better to pump up and then measure using different digital gague.
BTW, Electronic pumps work well on Motorcycles, Scooters, even Bicycles!
OK will read your reviews on the electrical digital pressure pump and take a decision.

Thread Starter #79
Today got the wheel cap from India garage. But I told them I would pay through credit card, but they insisted on 2.5% bank charges. Conversation went like this:

Me: I will pay by credit card
Guy at Dealer: sir, for card there is 2.5% charge.
Me: what nonsense, I will not pay 2.5% charges for card. Nobody charges extra these days for card usage. Even small shopkeepers accept card and don't charge extra.
Guy at Dealer: sir, it is compulsory bank charges.
Me: tell me under what rule of RBI is this charge compulsory. Or show me the agreement with bank where they mention it is compulsory to charge the customer extra for card usage. Government is incentivising cashless and you are charging extra for this.
Guy at Dealer: sir, one moment, I will call Mr. XXX (he was the SA who sourced the cap)
Me: OK, but I don't have cash and I don't want to pay extra for card charges.
(waiting some time)
SA: sir, for card payment there is 2.5% charge compulsory not by us, but bank is charging it.
Me: (bit exasperated now) No I cannot agree to pay extra.
SA: OK sir, I will discount the price and collect difference for card charges so that it comes to the original price.
Me: OK, I don't mind.
SA: (charges 600 INR and 15 INR for card charges) Original MRP 614 (I didn't mind the extra one Re. Not worth hassling about)

Here's pic of the new cap fitted and fastened with the plastic strip. 2019-05-06 19.14.35.jpg

By the way, I ordered a digital tyre pressure gauge from amazon, this one

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07QQX2QNJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Thread Starter #81
Please use cable tie on the other side as well. 2 ties.
I had only 4. I will buy or get some more.

Yesterday while experimenting with a foot pump we have at home, I lost all air in one tyre completely because it didn't fit well and leaked air. This has made me look into the electric ones because the foot pumps seem to leak more air than pumped in and require more effort.

I've looked at that model among others. We already have one electric pump which we bought long back (for use with our Ertiga) which has an analog gauge. But i would like the digital one for precision.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #82
I have almost covered 17500 kms (and it's been a year and few months). I am consistently getting mileage of 15+ on highways and on recent few petrol fills getting 13-14 for mixed city/highway driving. Only when driving purely in city between tank fills I get mileage of around 10.5 - 11 kmpl.

Recently front driver side wheel hit had probably hit the median/kerb during highway driving between Chennai and Madurai somewhere between Perambalur and Trichy (I must have dozed off momentarily since it was late afternoon, the road was clear and I was slightly sleepy, never realized that I could doze off so suddenly that too in the afternoon), the wheel cap was ripped off ,but the wheel itself luckily did not sustain major damage but only small dents in the edges. I was able to drive off without any worries after refreshing myself. I will post picture here later showing the damage, I want to know whether I need to replace/repair the wheel in the long run or is it safe to continue driving with it. So far did not notice any loss of air pressure in the tyre.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #85
Seems a steel rims can be beaten to shape ..consider a new one for better rotational stability
Thanks. In the back of my mind, I also felt it should be replaced, but how soon is the question. I asked here, because I did not want to get conned into buying a new wheel by the dealer. Can it be managed for a while by beating into shape?

Thanks. In the back of my mind, I also felt it should be replaced, but how soon is the question. I asked here, because I did not want to get conned into buying a new wheel by the dealer. Can it be managed for a while by beating into shape?
Wheels and tires are the only contacts with the road ..if you don't have any high speed running leave it for a later date ..steels are less expensive ..even you can get one from the scrap yard for very less and paint it

Thread Starter #87
Wheels and tires are the only contacts with the road ..if you don't have any high speed running leave it for a later date ..steels are less expensive ..even you can get one from the scrap yard for very less and paint it
thanks. I frequently go on highway trips, so I guess I would require to replace it fairly soon. Will get an estimate from Mahindra dealer for the replacement cost.

deville_56

Honoured Member
New one should cost less than 2k. You can swap with spare wheel or it's rim as well. Straighten and balance and keep it as spare.

Thread Starter #90
You should scrap it and get a new/non damaged one in its place ASAP.
Going on with this is risky.
Thanks. I will change to the spare first and then look into replacing this. I think the cost of steel wheel rim is less compared to alloys so I guess it should be replaced fairly soon.

Top Bottom