Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #18
Re: Booked a Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol)

So, yes, Monday arrived and I eagerly awaited evening, when I could get my hands on my new KUV. When I went to office, first thing in the morning I immediately called up the sales executive to find out if the vehicle would go for registration as promised. He assured me that it was definitely going for registration and I would get delivery by evening.

However, late morning the phone rang and the Exec was again on the line and his voice didn't sound too good. Heart in my mouth I inquired what was the problem. He told me that he had wrongly given me corporate discount and that I would have to pay the sum of Rs. 5000/- today. I initially got inflamed and then calmed down and asked what could be done since I had paid in full and even got the vehicle invoiced and why I was not informed earlier about the issue. He was very very apologetic and even offered to bear 1/2 the amount and told me to at least pay Rs. 2500/- as he would get into big trouble as a result of his goof-up. After some discussion, I agreed, but told him of my unhappiness at the sudden turn of affairs. From my office to India Garage is quite near, so at lunch time I went over and paid the amount by credit card. He was quite apologetic and I genuinely felt that it was a honest mistake and assured him that I didn't mind this, but why at the last moment when I am joyously awaiting the delivery?? He agreed that he had goofed up and promised again that delivery would be by evening no matter how late it took, since it was an auspicious day.

Went back to office and eagerly awaited the day's work to finish. My boss, being obliging told me to go home a bit earlier than I had asked permission for and I felt glad. By 4:30 in the afternoon, I returned home and got refreshed to take my whole family to the showroom...

By 5:45 pm, we arrived at the showroom, and we found the place abuzz with people ready to take delivery of their vehicles. Being an auspicious day, there were many deliveries scheduled that day, however I could not spot any silver KUV. Eagerly I caught up with the exec and asked him about the car. He said that it had gone over for a water wash and assured that it would come shortly. In the meantime, we chatted a bit about Mahindra's other cars, and we also sat inside the Xylo and XUV 500 and compared them. Also spent a bit of time in signing the papers and getting the documents from the Exec. However, we had to wait for an hour and a half and even at 7:15 the car had not yet reached the showroom. Spent some time posing next to the showroom model (top end KUV).
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 7.48.44 PM.jpeg

Finally I got impatient and went outside and checked for the car's arrival.
At last, at around 7:30 the car finally reached. [clap][clap]
In a short while, they removed the temporary registration number and also cleaned the tyres and arranged a short puja. Pictures attached.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 7.48.401 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 7.48.40 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 7.48.39 PM.jpeg

So after the short ceremony, we finally drove home ! Visited the small Ganapati temple near home and broke a coconut.

Footnote: Today the exec came home and handed over the registration number plates but unfortunately one of the letters was wrong and I have asked him to correct the same. [roll]

Will post detailed review of driving experience, first impressions etc. later.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21

I am thinking of fitting fog lamps.

Will share interior pics later.

Today I got my old Alpine system fitted into the car along with the old oval JBL speakers which I had removed from my old car.

Today nobody came and I could not do anything about the number plate and hence car is not taken out since the delivery. Also when I inquired in outside sticker shop, he said that the particular font used in the plate is not available with him and he has to re-sticker the whole plate again to make it look consistent and it would cost Rs. 200/-. I decided to let the showroom people correct the mistake. Hope the guy comes tomorrow to fix the mistake and also fit it in the car. Bit annoyed by the most basic mistake even after I messaged them the correct registration number. [anger]

Last edited:

^^ Not sure how strict are cops in Chennai but I have driven with no number plate new cars in Kolkata Mumbai and Bangalore with a sticker Registered/Regn No print out in windshield. That works for few days.
Check my ownership thread it shows same.

Thread Starter #23

^^ Not sure how strict are cops in Chennai but I have driven with no number plate new cars in Kolkata Mumbai and Bangalore with a sticker Registered/Regn No print out in windshield. That works for few days.
Check my ownership thread it shows same.
Yes, I know I can manage without a plate for a couple of days, but didn't want to take the car out without it affixed properly.
Of course, once I get the advocate sticker, there won't be much of a problem. [lol]

So, yes, Monday arrived and I eagerly awaited evening, when I could get my hands on my new KUV. When I went to office, first thing in the morning I immediately called up the sales executive to find out if the vehicle would go for registration as promised. He assured me that it was definitely going for registration and I would get delivery by evening.

However, late morning the phone rang and the Exec was again on the line and his voice didn't sound too good. Heart in my mouth I inquired what was the problem. He told me that he had wrongly given me corporate discount and that I would have to pay the sum of Rs. 5000/- today. I initially got inflamed and then calmed down and asked what could be done since I had paid in full and even got the vehicle invoiced and why I was not informed earlier about the issue. He was very very apologetic and even offered to bear 1/2 the amount and told me to at least pay Rs. 2500/- as he would get into big trouble as a result of his goof-up. After some discussion, I agreed, but told him of my unhappiness at the sudden turn of affairs. From my office to India Garage is quite near, so at lunch time I went over and paid the amount by credit card. He was quite apologetic and I genuinely felt that it was a honest mistake and assured him that I didn't mind this, but why at the last moment when I am joyously awaiting the delivery?? He agreed that he had goofed up and promised again that delivery would be by evening no matter how late it took, since it was an auspicious day.

Went back to office and eagerly awaited the day's work to finish. My boss, being obliging told me to go home a bit earlier than I had asked permission for and I felt glad. By 4:30 in the afternoon, I returned home and got refreshed to take my whole family to the showroom...

By 5:45 pm, we arrived at the showroom, and we found the place abuzz with people ready to take delivery of their vehicles. Being an auspicious day, there were many deliveries scheduled that day, however I could not spot any silver KUV. Eagerly I caught up with the exec and asked him about the car. He said that it had gone over for a water wash and assured that it would come shortly. In the meantime, we chatted a bit about Mahindra's other cars, and we also sat inside the Xylo and XUV 500 and compared them. Also spent a bit of time in signing the papers and getting the documents from the Exec. However, we had to wait for an hour and a half and even at 7:15 the car had not yet reached the showroom. Spent some time posing next to the showroom model (top end KUV).
View attachment 246235

Finally I got impatient and went outside and checked for the car's arrival.
At last, at around 7:30 the car finally reached. [clap][clap]
In a short while, they removed the temporary registration number and also cleaned the tyres and arranged a short puja. Pictures attached.
View attachment 246234
View attachment 246231
View attachment 246232

So after the short ceremony, we finally drove home ! Visited the small Ganapati temple near home and broke a coconut.

Footnote: Today the exec came home and handed over the registration number plates but unfortunately one of the letters was wrong and I have asked him to correct the same. [roll]

Will post detailed review of driving experience, first impressions etc. later.
congratulations sir ! happy and safe motoring

Hi Hari,
Congrats on your new ride. Please start an ownership thread so we can follow your experience over there. I'm curious to see your mileage logs on this KUV already [:)]. Happy motoring!

Thread Starter #27
Congrats.. be wary of the FE part, its DISGUSTINGLY low.
Thanks for the warning. I will keep track of the mileage. I am very systematic in noting the odometer reading and fuel filling ec.

Hi Hari,
Congrats on your new ride. Please start an ownership thread so we can follow your experience over there. I'm curious to see your mileage logs on this KUV already [:)]. Happy motoring!
Thanks. Yes, I hope it will not be too low as warned earlier. Will of course drive conservatively both for safety and also to extract the best possible mileage from this vehicle.

congratulations sir ! happy and safe motoring
Thank you. [:)]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Many many congratulations on your new car. This silver colour is very classy. It sure is looking very beautiful and cool. Do post more pictures and drive safely.

Thread Starter #29

Many many congratulations on your new car. This silver colour is very classy. It sure is looking very beautiful and cool. Do post more pictures and drive safely.
I actually liked silver because it made this car look bigger. In red or orange, it looks a bit small. Don't know why. Perception.

Today I got the Fastag login activated and will be topping it up for any long drives etc.
Anybody from Tamil Nadu know how good the Fastag system works in our toll plazas especially on the Chennai Trichy Madurai highway?

Anybody from Tamil Nadu know how good the Fastag system works in our toll plazas especially on the Chennai Trichy Madurai highway?
We have several Chennai folks in Tiago group and many of them use Fastag without issues. It's pretty stable AFAIK.

Top Bottom