Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
I have recently booked a Mahindra KUV100 NXT petrol K4+. I decided to exchange my Celerio, since I wanted a bigger hatch back for easily carrying my family members and I also wanted good seating height for comfort on longer journeys. Also I looked at the following options before going for Mahindra:
1. Ford Freestyle - good car, fully loaded, but didn't get a good exchange price on my old Celerio as the dealership only referred me to a used car dealer and also did not give any offers. Also I was slighly wary about Ford after sales service after hearing from several colleagues/family members.

2. Tata Tigor - Though not a hatch, I still considered it as a good option but my family are dead against Tata and though I am aware that Tata have improved a lot, we still have some old scars from Tata Cars' reliability in our family. But when I T'D it, I really liked the feel of the car.

3. Mahindra KUV100 NXT - my wife and I were really impressed by the space inside the vehicle and also we liked the comfort when the vehicle rolled on some bumpy roads during the Test Drives. Among the cars in this price range, I found KUV to fit my needs ideally, though I have read some bad things about its mileage.

Considered but not in depth:

1. Volkswagon Ameo / Polo - Considered but I was put off when a family member who owns a Polo recently spent Rs. 2,00,000/- on the engine after it got some issue with timing belt. It also seems also that VW have expensive ASS.
2. Compact Sedans such as Swift Dzire, Ameo, Amaze, etc. but ruled out due to my lack of interest in this segment.

3. Higher end mini-SUV such as Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport, Duster etc. since they are out of my budget range.

Finally my heart told me to go for Mahindra KUV, since I really liked the spacious interiors and also the SUV-like styling and I have booked it this weekend from India Garage, Mount Road.

I decided on the K4+ variant petrol, I will make payment by this Wednesday and expecting delivery the week after.

Will also share the dealership experience later.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: Booked a Mahindra Kuv100 NXT - petrol K4+

Congratulations on booking New Car.[clap]

How much is the OTR price?
How much you got for your Celerio? (did you exchange to Mahindra itself?)

Thread Starter #3

Congratulations on booking New Car.[clap]

How much is the OTR price?
How much you got for your Celerio? (did you exchange to Mahindra itself?)
Yeah, exchanged to Mahindra First choice, I got 3.2 L for the Celerio + exchange bonus Rs. 30k. Ford used car dealer quoted 3 L for my Celerio and no other offers.

I also got the monthly discount of Rs. 23,000/- for the month + corporate discount Rs. 5000/-. Plus I am bargaining for a few extras.

I think overall I would end up paying around Rs .2.6 L over and above the Celerio price. But also planning to take insurance on my own which would give me around 8K benefit.

Overall happy to get a bigger car with better build quality.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Yeah, exchanged to Mahindra First choice, I got 3.2 L for the Celerio + exchange bonus Rs. 30k. Ford used car dealer quoted 3 L for my Celerio and no other offers.
How old is your Celerio and is it AGS or Manual?

Congrats @Harishankar, on Booking the KUV NXT, there are many improvements over the earlier gen., however if the petrol milage has been taken care of, is to be seen.

Enjoy your ride.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #7

Congrats @Harishankar, on Booking the KUV NXT, there are many improvements over the earlier gen., however if the petrol milage has been taken care of, is to be seen.

Enjoy your ride.

Regards
Vinod
Thanks. I believe it is the same engine as the previous version, but I don't know whether they have tuned it for better mileage. Remains to be seen.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Congrats bro for the new car[:)] Are you opting for single tone shade or the dual tone? Mahindra as I believe is among the most approachable brand and the top man Mr. Mahindra too himself takes keen interest in feedback about their products and takes note of serious concerns raised by the customers. Hope you and your family do enjoy the new car. Looking forward to the review.

Also Ford & TML are two brands that have done a considerable and positive turn around with regards to customer care and even in their products. So, all in all, these days the brands are listening to their customers.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #9

Congrats bro for the new car[:)] Are you opting for single tone shade or the dual tone? Mahindra as I believe is among the most approachable brand and the top man Mr. Mahindra too himself takes keen interest in feedback about their products and takes note of serious concerns raised by the customers. Hope you and your family do enjoy the new car. Looking forward to the review.

Also Ford & TML are two brands that have done a considerable and positive turn around with regards to customer care and even in their products. So, all in all, these days the brands are listening to their customers.

Regards

Akash
Hi Akash, thanks. I believe dual tone is available only on top end model, correct me if I am wrong. I have chosen Silver colour as it is available for immediate delivery and also my wife prefers silver. I am also neutral about silver so gone for it.

Thread Starter #10
Re: Booked a Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol)

Today my Celerio was driven away by the dealership person. Feeling bit sad because it has given me a lot of good memories. :( however, cannot wait to get my hands on my new KUV100 NXT.
The dealership ought to have invoiced my vehicle today but due to delay in pick up of my Celerio (the guy came in late evening and not morning as I had requested), the invoicing was not done today thus delaying insurance and the RTO process [frustration][frustration]

Congratulations on having booked a new car [clap]..please do post lots of pics of your new drive. Any accessories ordered by you from Mahindra which will be installed at delivery ?

Thread Starter #12

I have not ordered any accessories, but I requested them to fit the rear sensor which they agreed to provide in as a compliment.

I also got the monthly discount of Rs. 23,000/- for the month + corporate discount Rs. 5000/-. Plus I am bargaining for a few extras.

I think overall I would end up paying around Rs .2.6 L over and above the Celerio price. But also planning to take insurance on my own which would give me around 8K benefit.

Overall happy to get a bigger car with better build quality.
You're a sucker man!
You extracted each and everything from the dealer. Kudos to your patience and knowledge.

Looking forward to your new car pics with smiling family besides it. [:)]

Thread Starter #14
You're a sucker man!
You extracted each and everything from the dealer. Kudos to your patience and knowledge.

Looking forward to your new car pics with smiling family besides it. [:)]
Thank you.

Today the dealer only sent me the Invoice at around 5 pm and so I was unable to get the insurance. Of course, I can take insurance online, but I prefer my good contact at New India who always offers me a good rate on the OD premium. But if I take the offline route, insurance policy will be available only on Monday which will delay the RTO.

Still thinking about it at the moment.

Today I took the insurance (after requesting my good friend at New India to issue it today itself, after transferring the amount through NEFT), and also signed the RTO papers at the dealer and handed over my ID proof (aadhar) for the RTO. Hopefully the RTO will be completed and I can take delivery on Monday itself, which is an auspicious day as I am keen to take delivery before the month of Aadi.

Top Bottom