Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
Re: Booked a Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol)

We have several Chennai folks in Tiago group and many of them use Fastag without issues. It's pretty stable AFAIK.
good to know, thanks. I hope the lane discipline is maintained at least in the busier tolls, otherwise the purpose of Fastag would be defeated. I am planning a long trip somewhere next month.

Family are very happy with the seating capacity. Yesterday I took my entire family for a treat and it can seat 6 comfortably (in front it requires a slightly small person to sit in the middle and it's doable for short city rides)[:D]

Thread Starter #34

I haven't driven it round much since office does not have parking slot for me as on date. I have requested a parking slot, because I don't want to leave a new car in the street for too long. However, driving it every now and then to make sure I use it.

So far done only around 180 kms on Odo, and a few observations

+ the height is the best part along with the more commanding road view (I am 6 footer, so the dashboard height does not bother me
+ the engine is noisy compared to the Celerio. I know I cannot compare it to suzuki engines, but still I feel that it is a bit rough for a petrol engine. Also when I shift from first to second gear, I feel jerky and awkward. But the actual gear shifting is very nice.
+ still need to check the mileage, though I tanked up on 88 kms and the fuel gauge shows a couple of points less than full now. I need to check economy by tank to tank fill method since this car doesn't have average or instant fuel economy display (only the k8 variant with the infotainment system does).

+ The bigger size of this car does take a while to get used to compared to the petite Maruti Celerio.

The dealer has still not got back to me for the radio antenna and the fog lamps (he had offered discount on it, but still stock not available).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35

OK I did my first long trip from Chennai to Manamadurai in my KUV and I got an average of around 16.95 kmpl on the forward journey using tank fill method. Also I got 14 kmpl when I filled up on the return journey (mostly because I had several short local drives totalling almost 50-60 kms in and around where we stayed which reduced the mileage).

I used Fastag and except at one toll plaza when we returned (I got charged for return journey mistakenly for single toll and I have raised a ticket with the concerned bank) it went off smoothly. Except at Athur Toll plaza and the Paranur Toll Plaza near Chennai, most other toll plazas followed the ETC lane discipline. The biggest benefit of the Fastag system is that we need not carry cash and bother with change, physical toll receipts etc. I also get the statement of toll payments whenever I want.

The car is reasonably comfortable on long drive and takes bumpier roads quite comfortably in low speed, but at higher speed car starts bobbing up and down when the road is not totally flat and is a bit uncomfortable for rear seat passenger, however not unmanageable. I take care anyway not to drive too aggressively.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Dear Hari.

I have a small suggestion bro for you. It would be very helpful if you can create a detailed ownership thread for the new car. You can list there all your experiences which would help other buyers too. Looking forward to it[:)]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #37

Dear Hari.

I have a small suggestion bro for you. It would be very helpful if you can create a detailed ownership thread for the new car. You can list there all your experiences which would help other buyers too. Looking forward to it[:)]

Regards

Akash

I agree, but since there is not much in this thread about purchase decision, maybe it can be moved to the reviews section. It will preserve continuity also.

Thread Starter #38

Can this thread be moved to ownership reviews? I can continue the thread without disturbing continuity.

Now having completed 1500 kms, I can safely say that I enjoy driving this car, and it has a better road presence than Celerio and feels more solid and safe. My only concern is the petrol mFalcon G80 engine which seems to drink a lot of petrol despite my very conservative driving (and also AC usage which is always set to a temperature which is just comfortable).

After the last tank fill, I have done about 215 kms and the tank is already below halfway mark (100% city driving, some of it in bumper-to-bumper traffic), need to check on the next tank fill what mileage I have got. I will also check the mileage after the first service.

Mahindra salesman has still not given me the promised after-sales accessories (discount offered on fog lamp, and also free radio aerial). India garage was undergoing some renovation and repairs and also they seemed to get caught in the launch of Marazzo. I have kept following up on a weekly basis.

Thread Starter #39
Despite my calling India Garage SA several times, the promised free accessories/discounted accessories are not yet provided. I had asked for fog lamps at discounted price instead of the other free accessories, but still no proper response, though the SA kept assuring me that he would do the needful.

I am not happy with this after sales attitude i.e. totally ignoring the customer after payment.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Despite my calling India Garage SA several times, the promised free accessories/discounted accessories are not yet provided. I had asked for fog lamps at discounted price instead of the other free accessories, but still no proper response, though the SA kept assuring me that he would do the needful.

I am not happy with this after sales attitude i.e. totally ignoring the customer after payment.
Did they give you the items with its price in writing? If yes, then you can forward same to Mahindra customer care along with an email complaint (seems you have paid money for the discounted accessories, so you must be having some kind of receipt for the payment?}.

Thread Starter #41
Did they give you the items with its price in writing? If yes, then you can forward same to Mahindra customer care along with an email complaint (seems you have paid money for the discounted accessories, so you must be having some kind of receipt for the payment?}.
No it was an oral promise of free accessories, however only part was made available at the time of delivery. In lieu of some free accessories, I asked for discount on fog lamp, as I feel it will be more useful on night drives. However I talked to the SA today and he said the fog lamp is available. I will follow up again for this until I get it.

At the time of delivery, they gave the rear parking sensor free of cost.

Thread Starter #42
Filled tank today and checked the mileage. Vehicle has done 1560 km and from the last tank filled I’ve got around 9.6 kmpl which I think is very poor. Distance from last tank full is 265 km and had to top up 27.53 litres. I feel I have to specifically raise this issue to Mahindra if it doesn’t improve after 1st service which is after 3000 km.

Thread Starter #43
All kinds of excuses regarding the promised fog lamp. For the last one week, the SA has been dodging me regarding this. First, the part was not available, then part is available and the fitting person not available and today he informs me that the part got damaged in rains. I think he is having me on. [frustration][frustration]

Tomorrow planning to go and corner them. Should I settle for any other part like discounted remote locking system or should I insist on the discounted fog lamp? Which is better in the long run. I still feel that fog lamp will be very useful when caught in low light or rainy conditions. However, if he keeps dodging me I am going to escalate the issue to the manager or higher level.

Thread Starter #44
Well, completed 3000 kms and 1st service done at around 2950 kms (costed around Rs. 1300, will share exact bill in a later post). Mileage in city has improved from initial 8.92 km/l to around 11.12 km/l in the last tank-to-tank check. Now need to check mileage after the service and see if there is any further improvement. Would be glad if the mileage improves to 12-12.5 in city and 17-17.5 or so in long distance.

Prior to service, I found that rats had bitten into the ABS wiring and also left side indicator wiring, which were fixed by the service personnel. Also they advised to use strong country tobacco strips in engine bay as rat repellant, but not sure where to buy it?

Prior to the 1st free service, finally got the fog lamps installed after discount spent around Rs. 4000/- for it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
Done the 2nd free service at 9860 kms (10000 km service) at VST Motors (India Garage) and it costed around 3297/-. I was wondering why they billed so much when I found that they did an "engine protection coating" for Rs. 799 without my approval and I am annoyed about it. Since today is a Sunday I am unable to raise this issue. But I want to bring it to their attention that they cannot do "Extras" without my approval next time. By the way, is the engine protection coating really of much use or is it just a fancy padding for the bill? I want to give the SA a piece of my mind for doing such work without getting my approval first. Since it is financial year ending I think they are doing such things to boost revenues, but it appears to be a highly unethical action on the part of an authorized dealer.

Top Bottom