Mahindra KUV100 NXT (K4+ Petrol): Ownership Review

Can you let me know what product you tried? This one is a whitish paste with a pleasant smell which I apply on clean cloth and rub on the affected area. I think (hope) the light scratches (i.e. paint marks) are gone for good. But the deep ones cannot be removed and are only slightly faded. Hope they don't resurface.

Where paint itself is damaged, nothing can be done except to repaint, which will cost a lot more.
I used one in a toothpaste type tube, white colour, i was told this by my painter, this is better rubbing polish compound.
Painting is the permanent fix.

Thread Starter #107
I think this one actually removed the superficial paint scuff marks/scratches, because I could feel it coming off, whereas with the deep scratches, it only hides to an extent and I think may resurface later. I understand it is not a miracle compound, but if it removes the superficial scuff marks and hides some scratches, it is good enough for me. Painting is best of course, but so expensive, because the entire panel has to be repainted.

Thread Starter #109
Here are some of my long term ownership impressions.

Positives
+ Car is comfortable to drive for long distances. I've done quite a few trips of 400+ kms and I have not felt as tired as I used to get with Celerio.
+ Mileage is acceptable on long drives with speeds maintained between 95-100 km/ph on highway. Getting around 16-17 kmpl usually on 4-lane NH with 14.5-15 on state highways.
+ Smooth car and glides easily in city conditions and not having to shift too much (I can easily drive at 1000-1500 rpm in city with speeds of 20-40 kph in 3rd and 4th gear.
+ SUVish looks and good road presence.

Negatives
- Somewhat noisy for a petrol engine, though somewhat compensated for in city driving conditions by the decent torque at low RPMs. Nowhere as refined as Maruti Suzuki petrols.
- City mileage is very poor even with conservative driving. Getting only around 10 kmpl sometimes 10.5-11 kmpl.
- Getting smell from outside despite keeping all windows up and AC in circulation mode - need to check this in the 3rd free service.
- My experience with India Garage ASS is not very good so far. I am thinking of checking out TVS Mahindra next time. Chennai Mahindra owners please let me know about TVS Mahindra service experience.

My experience with India Garage ASS is not very good so far. I am thinking of checking out TVS Mahindra next time. Chennai Mahindra owners please let me know about TVS Mahindra service experience.
I fully agree with you on India Garage ASS [Guindy]. I discontinued the servicing of my erstwhile XUV 500 with them and started going to TVS Mahindra [Saligramam] until I sold it. They were far better than the former.

Thread Starter #111
I fully agree with you on India Garage ASS [Guindy]. I discontinued the servicing of my erstwhile XUV 500 with them and started going to TVS Mahindra [Saligramam] until I sold it. They were far better than the former.
Sir, thanks for your feedback. definitely the 3rd service will be at TVS Mahindra. It is also nearer to my home..

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hmm... I wonder if they are doing the same to TVS in Tamil Nadu. If so, I have very few options...
They are opting for new dealers. New dealer started here. Most customers complains of being treated like the Maxi Truck customers, be it XUV owner or the vegetable pickup owner, long turn around times, inability to resolve electronic issues, etc, etc. They want a transformation like Tata's new network.

Thread Starter #117
Recently completed 19,000 kms, enroute Chennai from Salem, somewhere near Kallakurichi. Stopped the car and took this snap to mark the occasion.

Also getting good mileage on highway, around 17.8 km/litre. Next service due at 20,000 kms. Currently done 19,200+ kms.

2019-11-17 12.38.43.jpg

Top Bottom